Movie: :4.5stars:
4K Video: :4.5stars:
Video: :5stars:
Audio: :5stars:
Extras: :2stars:
Final Score: :4.5stars:

full?lightbox=1&update=1531187354.jpg
Movie

Usually I’m the first to poo-poo a PG-13 rated horror film, as most of them are so heavily neutered that they don’t even give a modicum of entertainment. No blood, no flesh, no gore, no intensity. They just peter out as being “horror-light” films. With that being said, I was curious about A Quiet Place due to the great cast and the fact that it got RAVE critical reviews despite having the dreaded PG-13 ratings curse over its head. Unfortunately I missed this in theaters, but I had friends telling me I NEEDED to see this, so I begrudgingly decided to review it, only to be shocked to my core when I find out that it is one of the best survival horror films of the last 10 years. John Krasinski (the husband in the film, and the ACTUAL husband of Emily Blunt) has written, starred in, and directed a film that grips you from beginning to end, and doesn’t let go until the credits start rolling. There’s a hint of M. Night Shamalamadingdong, some 10 Cloverfield Lane and classic monster movie elements in the production, but at it’s core A Quiet Place is a story of survival in a world filled with intense terror.

The film doesn’t clue you in to when in time this takes place, what happened to bring them here, and what remnants of humanity remain, but all we know is that the world is a scary place. Monsters lurk in the darkness and the remnants of humanity are living in a post apocalyptic world where everyone has to live in utter silence, for the only thing stronger than these monster’s teeth and claws are it’s incredible hearing (and seemingly no sight). The film opens up with mother Evelyn (Emily Blunt), father Lee (John Krasinski) and his three children, deaf daughter Regan (Millicent Simmonds), Marcus (Noah Jupe) and Beau (Cade Woodward) scavenging for supplies in an abandoned town. The first thing you notice is that they are being INCREDIBLY quiet. Not a whisper, everyone communicates in sign language, and they appear to be fearful of something. That something is soon explained when little Beau lights off a noisy toy and the monsters of the film leap out and devour him in seconds.

From this point on we can see the conundrum of this world. Humanity is on the brink of extinction (or so it seems, the film doesn’t really let us see anything outside of this one little family unit), and the slightest noise will attract the monsters to them. Lee and Evelyn are doing their best to provide for the family, but it’s terrifying when even the slightest noise will bring the monsters to their doorstep. To make matters worse, Evelyn is pregnant and soon to birth a squalling baby into the world, which means that the family unit has to create a sound proofed room in their farm house to shield them from the monsters. At least before the creatures hunt down and destroy them all.
A Quiet Place is a juxtaposition of sounds and feelings, but it is one thing at the core. A story of family survival against the most terrible of odds. The monsters aren’t even REALLY seen till the 2nd half of the movie, but they are always in the background. Always present, and their lack of visibility is one of the most terrifying parts of the film. The film’s action sequences are tight and tense, filled with harsh brutality, as well as this lingering sense of dread as the monsters come closer and closer. The most visceral and emotional parts of the movie have to deal with the family’s reactions to the monster. The literal terror is reflected in their eyes, especially Regan and Marcus, who are too young to have the emotional stability of the parents. The scene at the river where Lee makes a slip with the fish and Marcus freaks out in terror is heart wrenching, but it gets the point across that these people LITERALLY are in terror their whole lives.

Despite the “alien” or “monster” aspect of the film, this is not a big sweeping epic with hints at a larger picture. Krasinski’s film is about one thing, the family unit. We don’t know WHY these monsters are here, or what their goals are, or even how much of humanity is left unscathed. All we know is that they are HERE, right NOW, and the Abbott family is learning how to survive one more day in this terrible world. Its the sense of closed off urgency that gives the film much of its potency, and you’re fascinated by how it unfolds, even though we realize there is no beginning, and there is no end to their plight. It’s just NOW. Despite the lack of vocals in the film, the movie is expertly acted, as real life husband and wide duo John Krasinski and Emily Blunt display an intimate chemistry that must come from their personal life. A chemistry that adds a good deal of authenticity to the close knit family nature of the film. The children do well, but it’s really Millicent Simmons who steals the show as deaf Regan (especially since she IS deaf in real life herself). The use of sound as a weapon and crutch in the film is highly intoxicating, and the lack of vocals really gives the actors a way to communicate through their bodies and actions in ways we usually take for granted.

Rating:

Rated PG-13 for terror and some bloody images

4K Video: :4.5stars: Video: :5stars:
Instead of shooting on the more common Arri Alexa or RED digital cameras, John Krasinski decided to shoot A Quiet Place on 35mm Kodak film, and the results are spectacular. The 35mm source was strangely finished on a 2K digital intermediate master (strange because it was scheduled for a 4K release, and it would have made sense to finish in 4K) and the resulting Blu-ray is nothing short of a 5/5 experience. Even though this is from a 2K master, the 4K UHD disc from Paramount is very impressive looking. I would give it a healthy thumbs up over the already stunning Blu-ray, as I noticed a nice healthy upgrade in colors, textures AND detail levels across the board. The film is given a fine, but noticeably even, grain structure, and the there is a very organic look to it. The Characters and farming backdrop show incredible detail, where you can see every little fine hair on Emily Blunt’s face during close ups, and those kernels of corn in the big silo where Regan and Marcus fall into. Black level are deep and inky, but I did notice a bit of crush in the dimly lit film. The HDR gives a palpable (although only moderate) upgrade to the colors, as most of the film is set in complete darkness ,with splashes of blood and coloring of the landscape being the only elements where brightly saturated colors are needed. It’s a good looking 4K UHD disc for sure, and a definite improvement over the Blu-ray.

Audio: :5stars:
A Quiet Place is one of the most sonicaly diverse films that I’ve heard on Atmos, EVER. The film is intensely quiet at times, punctuated by startling noises that shock the listener to the their core, and then blended in with some “normal” sounding sequences. Being that no one in the movie ever really talk very much, the first 30 minutes of the film are nothing but ambient noises and a complete vacuum of sound when listening from Regan’s deaf point of view. When the monsters start coming out in full force, the movie starts taking off and by the visceral third act the audio track is in full swing. To rewind just a bit, A Quiet Place really is a juxtaposition of different sound levels. It uses intense moments of powerful scoring and scrabbling noise to contrast against large swaths of the movie where we literally are in a sound vacuum. Just listen to the point where the monopoly game crashes down after 15 minutes of dead silence. The noise is just deafening and had me jumping straight up nearly a good six inches out of my recliner. However, what is REALLY fascinating is the lack of major noise. This causes the listener to really focus in on the little ambient noises coming through the surrounds. Winds whistle around you, the sound of scraping feet across a floor are soft (but distinct) and those little clicking noises from out in the distance (our little monster friends) are eerie and distinct in the dead silence. LFE is restrained for large portions of the movie, but when it does come in to play, it hits with like a literal ton of bricks on the chest. This is one of the few tracks besides Edge of Tomorrow that has so taxed my subwoofers in the single (or near single) digit numbers that I was watching the ports and the cones on my 18 inch subs WORK for their dinner. The overheads don’t get as much work as I would have liked, and this is kind of a 7.1 mix at times, but the use of directional shifting in the ambient noises still has me rate this a perfect 5/5.

Extras: :2stars:
Creating the Quiet – Behind the Scenes of A Quiet Place
• The Sound of Darkness – Editing Sound for A Quiet Place
• A Reason for Silence – The Visual Effects of A Quiet Place

Final Score: :4.5stars:

A Quiet Place is an incredibly powerful horror/thriller that thrives DESPITE being given the PG-13 kiss of death. In fact, don’t let the rating bother you at all, as it still is able to evoke intense moments of terror and fear without the necessity of showing blood and harsh language. Usually I’m the first to curse a PG-13 rated horror film, but John Krasinski really knocked this one out of the park. The movie is a simple story about the PRESENT, without need of future or past explanations, allowing us to bond with the characters and really get absorbed into the 91 minute fear fest. Paramount has once again done a stellar job with the 4K UHD disc, giving it a nice video upgrade over the Blu-ray (the Atmos track is available on both the Blu-ray and the 4K UHD disc), but I was a little disappointed in the limited extras. However, don’t let that dissuade you from pricking up one of the best horror/thrillers of 2018. This is a highly recommended release.

Technical Specifications:

Starring: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski, Millicent Simmonds
Directed by: John Krasinski
Written by: Bryan Woods, Scott Beck, John Krasinski
Aspect Ratio: 2.39:1 HEVC
Audio: English: Dolby Atmos (Dolby TrueHD 7.1 Core), German, Spanish, French (Canadian), French, Italian, Hungarian, Polish, Portuguese DD 5.1
Subtitles: English, English SDH, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Arabic, Cantonese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Korean, Malay, Mandarin (Traditional), Norwegian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
Studio: Paramount
Rated: PG-13
Runtime: 90 Minutes
Blu-ray Release Date: July 10th 2018

Recommendation: Highly Recommended

Last edited:

JBrax

AV Addict
VIP Supporter
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Marantz sr7010
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-3
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Samsung K8500
Front Speakers
Klipsch rf-7 II
Center Channel Speaker
Klipsch rc-64 II
Surround Speakers
Klipsch rs-42 II
Surround Back Speakers
Klipsch rb-51 II
Front Height Speakers
Klipsch rb-51 II
Rear Height Speakers
Klipsch rb-51 II
Subwoofers
SVS PB12-NSD (X2)
Other Speakers or Equipment
Panamax M5300
Video Display Device
Sony Bravia XBR65-930D
Remote Control
Logitech Harmony One
Streaming Subscriptions
PS4
Thanks for the review Mike. REALLY looking forward to this one! I’ll be camped out at my local Family Video in the hopes of them having a 4K version available for rent. If not I’ll just have to pull the trigger and buy it.

tripplej

AV Addict
More  
NAD T-777
Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player
Front Speakers
7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers
Subwoofers
2 Paradigm SE Subs
Nintendo Wii U Gaming Console
Video Display Device
Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV
Remote Control
Universal Remote MX-450
Streaming Subscriptions
Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge
Thanks for the review. I will check this movie out. :)

Asere

More  
Main Amp
Denon AVR X4200W
Additional Amp
Parasound HCA 1500A
Oppo 103D
Front Speakers
SVS Prime Towers
Center Channel Speaker
SVS Prime
Surround Speakers
SVS Prime Satellites
Front Height Speakers
Proficient
Rear Height Speakers
Proficient
Subwoofers
Dual Kreisel DXD 12012, PSA S3000i
Video Display Device
Samsung PNF8500
Screen
60"
Remote Control
Harmony Ultra
Streaming Subscriptions
Panamax M5300 PM, Monster HTS 3600
Thank you for the review! I preordered it and arrives today. I hope to watch it today or sometime this week. I will read your review after I watch it to avoid even knowing what its about. The less I know the better :)

Todd Anderson

Editor / Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
StormAudio ISP.24 MK2
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-5
Additional Amp
Emotiva XPA Gen3 2.8 multichannel amp
Other Amp
Denon X8500H
Computer Audio
AudioEngine A2+
DAC
THX ONYX
Kaleidescape TERRA, OPPO UDP-203, Panasonic UB9000
Front Speakers
GoldenEar Technology Triton One.R
Center Channel Speaker
GoldenEar Technology SuperCenter Reference
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Surround
Surround Back Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Front Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Front, Top Mid-Front)
Rear Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Middle, Top Rear)
Subwoofers
dual SVS SB16s + dual PSA XS30s
Behringer 1124p; Aura Bass Shaker Pros; SuperSub X
Video Display Device
JVC NX7
Screen
Seymour Screen Excellence, Enlightor NEO AT Screen
Streaming Equipment
iFi Audio Zen Blue
Streaming Subscriptions
Qobuz, TIDAL, Spotify, ROON
Other Equipment
LG Electronics 65-inch B6 OLED, Sony 65-inch X900F, ZeroSurge 8R15W x 2, ZeroSurge 2R15W x 2
I saw this in the theaters... I wasn't quite as up on the story. BUT, the theater we saw it in featured a blown-out projector that had awful contrast. So the whole experience was rather disappointing. So I'm up for giving the movie another try.

Mike, it looks like this one for the audio ages!

Michael Scott

Moderator / Reviewer
Staff member
More  
Yamaha TRS-7850 Atmos Receiver
Other Amp
Peavy IPR 3000 for subs
Panasonic UB820 4K UHD Player
Front Speakers
Cheap Thrills Mains
Center Channel Speaker
Cheap Thrills Center
Surround Speakers
Volt 10 Surrounds
Surround Back Speakers
Volt 10 Rear Surrounds
Rear Height Speakers
Volt 6 Overheads
Subwoofers
2x Marty subs (full size with SI 18's)
Video Display Device
Sony 85 inch X950H FALD TV
yeah, the audio is crazy good. If you have subs that can go down into the teens it's an insane experience

Travis Ballstadt

Administrator
Staff member
More  
Anthem AVM60
Main Amp
Emotiva BasX 5
Additional Amp
Emotiva UPA-500
Kaleidescape Strato C/Terra 48TB/Compact Terra 6TB
Front Speakers
NextLevel Acoustics Reference Cinema
Center Channel Speaker
Surround Speakers
Front Height Speakers
NextLevel Acoustics Angled Satellite
Rear Height Speakers
Subwoofers
SVS SB2000 x2
Video Display Device
JVC DLA X790R, Lumagen Radiance Pro 4240
Screen
SeymourAV Proscenium 124” diagonal 2.40:1
Remote Control
Unfolded Circle Remote 2, powered by HomeAssistant
Streaming Equipment
PLEX Server, AppleTV4K, Bluesound Node2i
Streaming Subscriptions
AppleTV+, Amazon Prime, HBO Max
Satellite System
They still have those?
Other Equipment
Rega Planar 6, Rega Exact2 cart, Rega Aria Mk3 Phono Stage, Jolida JD202BRC, Rega RS-5 Speakers (2-channel system)
I know the kids who wrote this. I call them kids because I'm apparently an old man now and they're younger than I.

They're two of the nicest guys I've ever met. I have a stack of burned DVDs of the short films they made when they were in high school, and they're incredible. So much talent, I'm really glad they've finally had something that sticks. Well deserved.

Todd Anderson

Editor / Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
StormAudio ISP.24 MK2
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-5
Additional Amp
Other Amp
Denon X8500H
Computer Audio
AudioEngine A2+
DAC
THX ONYX
Front Speakers
Center Channel Speaker
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Surround
Surround Back Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Front Height Speakers
Rear Height Speakers
Subwoofers
Video Display Device
JVC NX7
Screen
Streaming Equipment
iFi Audio Zen Blue
Streaming Subscriptions
Other Equipment
LG Electronics 65-inch B6 OLED, Sony 65-inch X900F, ZeroSurge 8R15W x 2, ZeroSurge 2R15W x 2
I've got 4 of em! ;-) Ready and prepared to experience this!

Michael Scott

Moderator / Reviewer
Staff member
More  
Other Amp
Peavy IPR 3000 for subs
Front Speakers
Cheap Thrills Mains
Center Channel Speaker
Cheap Thrills Center
Surround Speakers
Volt 10 Surrounds
Surround Back Speakers
Volt 10 Rear Surrounds
Rear Height Speakers
Volt 6 Overheads
Subwoofers
Video Display Device
I know the kids who wrote this. I call them kids because I'm apparently an old man now and they're younger than I.

They're two of the nicest guys I've ever met. I have a stack of burned DVDs of the short films they made when they were in high school, and they're incredible. So much talent, I'm really glad they've finally had something that sticks. Well deserved.

always nice hearing stories like this. I'm also curious how much influence John Krasinski had with the script because he's listed as one of the writers too

Michael Scott

Moderator / Reviewer
Staff member
More  
Other Amp
Peavy IPR 3000 for subs
Front Speakers
Cheap Thrills Mains
Center Channel Speaker
Cheap Thrills Center
Surround Speakers
Volt 10 Surrounds
Surround Back Speakers
Volt 10 Rear Surrounds
Rear Height Speakers
Volt 6 Overheads
Subwoofers
Video Display Device
I've got 4 of em! ;-) Ready and prepared to experience this!

ohhhhh, you've upgraded :greengrin:. Last time I remember you only had a pair of them. What do you have now?

Todd Anderson

Editor / Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
StormAudio ISP.24 MK2
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-5
Additional Amp
Other Amp
Denon X8500H
Computer Audio
AudioEngine A2+
DAC
THX ONYX
Front Speakers
Center Channel Speaker
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Surround
Surround Back Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Front Height Speakers
Rear Height Speakers
Subwoofers
Video Display Device
JVC NX7
Screen
Streaming Equipment
iFi Audio Zen Blue
Streaming Subscriptions
Other Equipment

Very cool! Definitely a unique story.

Todd Anderson

Editor / Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
StormAudio ISP.24 MK2
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-5
Additional Amp
Other Amp
Denon X8500H
Computer Audio
AudioEngine A2+
DAC
THX ONYX
Front Speakers
Center Channel Speaker
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Surround
Surround Back Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Front Height Speakers
Rear Height Speakers
Subwoofers
Video Display Device
JVC NX7
Screen
Streaming Equipment
iFi Audio Zen Blue
Streaming Subscriptions
Other Equipment
ohhhhh, you've upgraded :greengrin:. Last time I remember you only had a pair of them. What do you have now?

2X PSA XS30 and 2X SVS SB Ultras.

It's about 100X more than needed, but... response is super smooth!

Michael Scott

Moderator / Reviewer
Staff member
More  
Other Amp
Peavy IPR 3000 for subs
Front Speakers
Cheap Thrills Mains
Center Channel Speaker
Cheap Thrills Center
Surround Speakers
Volt 10 Surrounds
Surround Back Speakers
Volt 10 Rear Surrounds
Rear Height Speakers
Volt 6 Overheads
Subwoofers
Video Display Device
2X PSA XS30 and 2X SVS SB Ultras.

It's about 100X more than needed, but... response is super smooth!

ahhhh, you went sealed with dual oppossed. Nice option. The XS30s are nasty from what I hear. Although the SB ultras aren't shabby either. My twin ported 18s (in 16 cu ft boxes) were literally moving more air that I thought was humanely possible. there's a whomp at the 57:17 mark that you have to hear to believe as I watched the cone hit nearly full excursion on that hit

Todd Anderson

Editor / Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
StormAudio ISP.24 MK2
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-5
Additional Amp
Other Amp
Denon X8500H
Computer Audio
AudioEngine A2+
DAC
THX ONYX
Front Speakers
Center Channel Speaker
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Surround
Surround Back Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Front Height Speakers
Rear Height Speakers
Subwoofers
Video Display Device
JVC NX7
Screen
Streaming Equipment
iFi Audio Zen Blue
Streaming Subscriptions
Other Equipment
WOW! Really?

Alright, I'm buying this bad boy

Michael Scott

Moderator / Reviewer
Staff member
More  
Other Amp
Peavy IPR 3000 for subs
Front Speakers
Cheap Thrills Mains
Center Channel Speaker
Cheap Thrills Center
Surround Speakers
Volt 10 Surrounds
Surround Back Speakers
Volt 10 Rear Surrounds
Rear Height Speakers
Volt 6 Overheads
Subwoofers
Video Display Device
WOW! Really?

Alright, I'm buying this bad boy

yeah, I'm not the only one. I was perusing sub threads on AVS last night and there was some convo about that scene being a sub woofer stress test. I've guessing it comes in at around 13-14 or 17-18 hz as it was RIGHT below or above the 16hz tune I have on my subs to get cone excursion like that

Travis Ballstadt

Administrator
Staff member
More  
Anthem AVM60
Main Amp
Emotiva BasX 5
Additional Amp
Emotiva UPA-500
Kaleidescape Strato C/Terra 48TB/Compact Terra 6TB
Front Speakers
Center Channel Speaker
Surround Speakers
Front Height Speakers
Rear Height Speakers
Subwoofers
SVS SB2000 x2
Video Display Device
JVC DLA X790R, Lumagen Radiance Pro 4240
Screen
SeymourAV Proscenium 124” diagonal 2.40:1
Remote Control
Unfolded Circle Remote 2, powered by HomeAssistant
Streaming Equipment
PLEX Server, AppleTV4K, Bluesound Node2i
Streaming Subscriptions
AppleTV+, Amazon Prime, HBO Max
Satellite System
They still have those?
Other Equipment
Rega Planar 6, Rega Exact2 cart, Rega Aria Mk3 Phono Stage, Jolida JD202BRC, Rega RS-5 Speakers (2-channel system)
always nice hearing stories like this. I'm also curious how much influence John Krasinski had with the script because he's listed as one of the writers too

"Our first pass of the script clocked in at 67 pages with only one line of dialogue. Make no mistake; we knew this was a weird screenplay."

I love that quote. This is a pretty interesting read about the history of this screenplay.

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/04/a...-krasinski-bryan-woods-scott-beck-1201948205/

Asere

More  
Main Amp
Denon AVR X4200W
Additional Amp
Parasound HCA 1500A
Oppo 103D
Front Speakers
SVS Prime Towers
Center Channel Speaker
SVS Prime
Surround Speakers
SVS Prime Satellites
Front Height Speakers
Proficient
Rear Height Speakers
Proficient
Subwoofers
Dual Kreisel DXD 12012, PSA S3000i
Video Display Device
Samsung PNF8500
Screen
60"
Remote Control
Harmony Ultra
Streaming Subscriptions
Panamax M5300 PM, Monster HTS 3600
yeah, I'm not the only one. I was perusing sub threads on AVS last night and there was some convo about that scene being a sub woofer stress test. I've guessing it comes in at around 13-14 or 17-18 hz as it was RIGHT below or above the 16hz tune I have on my subs to get cone excursion like that
Even more of a reason to watch it soon. My Duo KK's and PSA 3000i should cover it.

JBrax

AV Addict
VIP Supporter
More  
Marantz sr7010
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung K8500
Front Speakers
Klipsch rf-7 II
Center Channel Speaker
Klipsch rc-64 II
Surround Speakers
Klipsch rs-42 II
Surround Back Speakers
Klipsch rb-51 II
Front Height Speakers
Klipsch rb-51 II
Rear Height Speakers
Klipsch rb-51 II
Subwoofers
SVS PB12-NSD (X2)
Panamax M5300
Video Display Device
Sony Bravia XBR65-930D
Remote Control
Logitech Harmony One
Streaming Subscriptions
PS4
You all are making me feel inadequate down below in the nether regions! :gah: My dual 12’s might need upgrading.

Michael Scott

Moderator / Reviewer
Staff member
More  
Other Amp
Peavy IPR 3000 for subs
Front Speakers
Cheap Thrills Mains
Center Channel Speaker
Cheap Thrills Center
Surround Speakers
Volt 10 Surrounds
Surround Back Speakers
Volt 10 Rear Surrounds
Rear Height Speakers
Volt 6 Overheads
Subwoofers
Video Display Device
You all are making me feel inadequate down below in the nether regions! :gah: My dual 12’s might need upgrading.

lol, subwoofer upgrading is a curse. I started out with dual 12 inch PB-12 NSD's back in the day and I thought those were amazing. Then came a THT, then a second THT, then twin 18's with literal coffin sized boxes and a full Peavey IPR amp.... and I'm still thinking of adding two more :greengrin:

JBrax

AV Addict
VIP Supporter
More  
Marantz sr7010
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung K8500
Front Speakers
Klipsch rf-7 II
Center Channel Speaker
Klipsch rc-64 II
Surround Speakers
Klipsch rs-42 II
Surround Back Speakers
Klipsch rb-51 II
Front Height Speakers
Klipsch rb-51 II
Rear Height Speakers
Klipsch rb-51 II
Subwoofers
SVS PB12-NSD (X2)
Panamax M5300
Video Display Device
Sony Bravia XBR65-930D
Remote Control
Logitech Harmony One
Streaming Subscriptions
PS4
Yep, I’ve got dual PB-12’s myself but for now it will have to do. Firing this up just as soon as it gets dark. Gotta have darkness for ambience. :bigsmile:

Michael Scott

Moderator / Reviewer
Staff member
More  
Other Amp
Peavy IPR 3000 for subs
Front Speakers
Cheap Thrills Mains
Center Channel Speaker
Cheap Thrills Center
Surround Speakers
Volt 10 Surrounds
Surround Back Speakers
Volt 10 Rear Surrounds
Rear Height Speakers
Volt 6 Overheads
Subwoofers
Video Display Device
Yep, I’ve got dual PB-12’s myself but for now it will have to do. Firing this up just as soon as it gets dark. Gotta have darkness for ambience. :bigsmile:

it looks awesome in the dark too. Really dim, but nice black levels. the 4k disc is worth it, but that Blu-ray is about as perfect as it can get

JBrax

AV Addict
VIP Supporter
More  
Marantz sr7010
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung K8500
Front Speakers
Klipsch rf-7 II
Center Channel Speaker
Klipsch rc-64 II
Surround Speakers
Klipsch rs-42 II
Surround Back Speakers
Klipsch rb-51 II
Front Height Speakers
Klipsch rb-51 II
Rear Height Speakers
Klipsch rb-51 II
Subwoofers
SVS PB12-NSD (X2)
Panamax M5300
Video Display Device
Sony Bravia XBR65-930D
Remote Control
Logitech Harmony One
Streaming Subscriptions
PS4
Great movie! Reminded me of Signs a bit. Had me on the edge of my seat for the entirety of the movie.

Michael Scott

Moderator / Reviewer
Staff member
More  
Other Amp
Peavy IPR 3000 for subs
Front Speakers
Cheap Thrills Mains
Center Channel Speaker
Cheap Thrills Center
Surround Speakers
Volt 10 Surrounds
Surround Back Speakers
Volt 10 Rear Surrounds
Rear Height Speakers
Volt 6 Overheads
Subwoofers
Video Display Device
Great movie! Reminded me of Signs a bit. Had me on the edge of my seat for the entirety of the movie.

were you able to get the 4K UHD disc, or were you relegated to the Blu-ray?

JBrax

AV Addict
VIP Supporter
More  
Marantz sr7010
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung K8500
Front Speakers
Klipsch rf-7 II
Center Channel Speaker
Klipsch rc-64 II
Surround Speakers
Klipsch rs-42 II
Surround Back Speakers
Klipsch rb-51 II
Front Height Speakers
Klipsch rb-51 II
Rear Height Speakers
Klipsch rb-51 II
Subwoofers
SVS PB12-NSD (X2)
Panamax M5300
Video Display Device
Sony Bravia XBR65-930D
Remote Control
Logitech Harmony One
Streaming Subscriptions
PS4
The 4K version sir! :T

Michael Scott

Moderator / Reviewer
Staff member
More  
Other Amp
Peavy IPR 3000 for subs
Front Speakers
Cheap Thrills Mains
Center Channel Speaker
Cheap Thrills Center
Surround Speakers
Volt 10 Surrounds
Surround Back Speakers
Volt 10 Rear Surrounds
Rear Height Speakers
Volt 6 Overheads
Subwoofers
Video Display Device
excellent. how did you like the audio track?

Top Bottom