A few questions about settings for the REW, the MiniDsp 2x4HD and the UMIK-1...

welldun

Good day all,

I have a question about the Sample rate that must be set up in order to use Biquads in the MiniDsp 2x4HD and how this affects the other settings both in REW and for the UMIK-1. I've attached some pictures for reference.
In the MiniDsp 2x4HD manual on page 38, it states that the design program must be set to 96kHz when sending Biquads to the 2x4HD. This brings up a question of whether this is something that requires the Sample Rate in REW to be changed to 96kHz under the soundcard setting in Preferences? If so, would doing so then create a problem since the Umik-1 is limited to a Sample Rate of 48kHz? With the Umik-1 is limited to 48kHz, shouldn't the Sample Rate in REW be set to 48kHz also? And if so, would that make the readings incompatible with the 2x4HD which requires a 96kHz feed for the Biquads?

A separate question about the Umik-1 level setting in Windows 10 (if you don't mind). When the microphone is plugged in and set to default, under Properties there are the various setting tabs. one of them is labeled LEVELS. in there there is a gain slider that can be adjusted from -34db to +24db or it can be displayed in Percentage value from 0-100% where should that value be set?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Set the UMIK gain to 0 dB.

The equaliser sample rate is independent of the measurement rate, REW knows the correct equaliser sample rate and uses it for the filter responses and biquad coefficients.

welldun

The equaliser sample rate is independent of the measurement rate, REW knows the correct equaliser sample rate and uses it for the filter responses and biquad coefficients.
Thank you, John, much appreciated! And thank you for the awesome software that you've created in REW.:T

welldun

Hello again John, in your answer you mention that the Equalizer Sample Rate is independent, I'm still wonder about the Sample rate setting found in the Drivers section REW? If you look at the second pic that I posted in my original post, I highlighted the 96kHz from that drop down menu. I always assumed that this selection was to supposed to be made to match the microphone (UMIK-1) in my case. So should that be set to 48kHz instead of 96kHz?

JStewart

Senior AV Addict
Supporter
Hello again John, in your answer you mention that the Equalizer Sample Rate is independent, I'm still wonder about the Sample rate setting found in the Drivers section REW? If you look at the second pic that I posted in my original post, I highlighted the 96kHz from that drop down menu. I always assumed that this selection was to supposed to be made to match the microphone (UMIK-1) in my case. So should that be set to 48kHz instead of 96kHz?

I know, not the right John :)
I believe if you have the UMIK set up for 48kHz in windows the answer is set it to 48kHz in REW
Explanation in REW help here: https://www.roomeqwizard.com/help/help_en-GB/html/calsoundcard.html#top

welldun

I know, not the right John :)
I believe if you have the UMIK set up for 48kHz in windows the answer is set it to 48kHz in REW
Explanation in REW help here: https://www.roomeqwizard.com/help/help_en-GB/html/calsoundcard.html#top
Hey thanks for the help.. The truth is that I've been using REW and my UMIK1 for some time but that was with the original MiniDSP 2x4 (not the HD version). I recently got the 2x4HD version and was told that it operates with the 96 kHz, so this threw me for a loop since the original miniDSP 2x4 works with 48 kHz. That's why I'm trying to figure out where exactly the 96kHz adjustment needs to be made in order satisfy the 2x4HD requirements.

pudderpop

Registered
Just got an AVM70 but ARC is not stable yet. So I want to use a MiniDSP on my subs. AVM70 has two independent sub outs. Do I connect both sub outs to MiniDSP or just one to one input ? Thanks.

JStewart

Senior AV Addict
Supporter
Just got an AVM70 but ARC is not stable yet. So I want to use a MiniDSP on my subs. AVM70 has two independent sub outs. Do I connect both sub outs to MiniDSP or just one to one input ? Thanks.

One sub-out on AVM70 to MiniDsp.

Top Bottom