5 best AV receivers 2017

chrapladm

Staff member
Always a good read. I myself will be after something comparable to the #1 AVR. Although I did look at the Anthem and a few others. BUT the main thing I am looking for is Dirac so my budget is a little higher for that.

PLUS one of the things I like about some of these receivers is the fact that they can be updated. The initial price is much higher but most of the expensive ones can be upgraded in the future.(Theta Casablanca, Storm Audio)

Sonnie

Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
StormAudio ISP Elite 24 MK3 Processor
Main Amp
McIntosh MC1.25KW Monoblock Amps
Additional Amp
StormAudio PA 16 MK3
Computer Audio
Intel NUC w/ Roon ROCK
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Panasonic UB9000 4K UHD Player (for media discs)
Front Speakers
RTJ 410
Center Channel Speaker
MartinLogan Focus C-18
Front Wide Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT
Surround Speakers
JTR Neosis 210RT
Surround Back Speakers
JTR Neosis 210RT
Front Height Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT-SL
Rear Height Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT-SL
Subwoofers
JTR Captivator 2400 x6
Other Speakers or Equipment
VTI Amp Stands for the Monoblocks
Video Display Device
Sony 98X90L
Remote Control
Universal MX-890
Streaming Equipment
Kaleidescape | FireCube | Lenova X1 - Intel NUC for Roon
Streaming Subscriptions
Lifetime Roon Subscription
Tidal
qobuz
Netflix
Amazon Prime
Satellite System
Dish Joey 4K
Other Equipment
Zero Surge 8R15W-1 | Salamander Synergy Equipment Stand
Yep... it's all about Dirac Live now... I have said goodbye to all the others out there. I'll take one for now without it, only because I have the DDRC-88BM, but at some point I want an AVR with it included... like the Emotiva or NAD ... or something.

chrapladm

Staff member
Yep... it's all about Dirac Live now... I have said goodbye to all the others out there. I'll take one for now without it, only because I have the DDRC-88BM, but at some point I want an AVR with it included... like the Emotiva or NAD ... or something.
Ya I would have probably done the same. Probably going to get the Anthem down the road but havent full decided which AVR I will go with.

muzz

I actually own #4- Denon X4300H, and it works fine, now I have 4.2.4(center needs new sub to be built).
He doesn't mention that it also has a front HDMI in, and I've never seen it listed as 9x200... anywhere.

Top Bottom