2020 Dell XPS 13 with umik-1

elitemike

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Denon X6400
I know this is a question there may be no answer to, but I'm going to ask it anyways. I'm really new to REW so everything is a learning process. I have a 2020 Dell XPS 13 laptop that seems to function fine, except when I try to use it with REW. I have another slightly older HP laptop that works fine with REW as far as I can tell.

Measurements are not even in the ballpark with the Dell compared to the HP. I entered the calibration file on both. If I do a sweep from 0hz to say 200 I won't see anything register until about 75hz on the graph. The HP is showing me above 10hz which is what I'm expecting. I played with all the settings I can find on the Dell but nothing seems to fix this. I'm just curious if anyone has any suggestions. I am running windows 10 pro, latest version and all drivers are up to date.

skid00

More  
Main Amp
2 x Adcom GFA 555
Front Speakers
Carver Amazing Platinum Mark IV
Mike, some ideas...

Delete the mic device from Device Manager, do a FULL power-off shutdown, reinstall.
Delete and reinstall REW. Do you have the most current version?
With the mic attached and on, go into the volume control, and the microphone tab. Make sure it's set to 48,000 hz sample, if it's a UMIK mic.

Also make sure REW is set to 48000 hz sample rate.

If those don't help, please post screen caps onto imgur DOT com, for the vol control tab, and the REW configuration tabs.

FYI, I'm no expert... :greengrin:

elitemike

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Denon X6400
Thanks,

I'll hopefully have some time to do that this weekend. I managed to get REW running in unbuntu today and it seems to be measuring correctly there.

Top Bottom