192kHz sampling rate problem

Walkingman

Registered
Hi!

I have a problem with REW 5.20 and using 192kHz sampling rate. When testing levels on Make a measurement panel meters show healty levels and REW says levels OK. When I start measuring signal levels disapear and after sweep REW says input level wasn't high enough. When I chance sampling rate to 48kHz everything works again normally. With 192kHz I can use RTA and signal generator normally but it seems that something is wrong with the measurement sweep.

192kHz has been working on previous versions but I can't remember on which one.

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I'm assuming you are using ASIO drivers on Windows? What audio interface? Works OK for me using a UR22 mkII at 192k. Make sure the ASIO buffer size is set to a large value.

Walkingman

Registered
Yes, I'm using Win7 and ASIO. Sound card is Emu 1212. I tried max buffer settings (100ms) and it didn't make any difference.

Walkingman

Registered
BTW last time I made 192kHz measurements was 22. january 2018. Same setup. There has been some Win updates since then if it makes any difference.

Walkingman

Registered
No it doesn't.

I noticed that I might get same king of behaviour with 96kHz every now and then but relaunching REW will cure that.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
OK, thanks. I've made some changes to the way the generator operates before and during a measurement that may help, that will be in the next beta release.

Top Bottom