1/3 Octave View (like SMAART default)...is there an option for that?

Monseigneur Trope

Registered
Would be nice, particularly for those who use this with SMAART...but also I prefer it to Decade anyway...

EarlK

REW has an RTA module.

Within that module one can choose to see the RTA as 1/3 octave steps.

That should scratch your itch.

:)

Monseigneur Trope

Registered
Do you mean to change the frequency axis to show 1/3 octave divisions? Do you have a screenshot of what you are after?

Hi John, yeah that and also the grid ruling...here's a quote from the SMAART manual and some screenshots:

Frequency Scale – The frequency scale selector sets frequency scaling and grid ruling options for the RTA display. Actually, there are only two real scaling options: linear (Lin) and logarithmic. All of the other options in this list are grid-ruling options for log-scaled frequency.
•Decade plots the RTA graph with logarithmic frequency scaling and decade (base 10) vertical grid ruling.
•Octave plots the RTA graph with logarithmic frequency scaling and vertical grid lines spaced at one-octave intervals.
•1/3 Octave plots the RTA graph with logarithmic frequency scaling and vertical grid lines spaced at 1/3-octave intervals.
•Lin plots the RTA graph with linear frequency scaling and linearly-spaced vertical grid ruling.

Thanks BTW for REW...such an excellent piece of software! I actually get excited every time I see a new beta!

Attachments

• Settings.png
    Settings.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 1:3 Grid.png
    1:3 Grid.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 29
Top Bottom