REW Measurement Thru Lyngdorf TDAI-1120

catastrofe

Registered
This may be a stupid question...

I've read that REW measurements can't be done via Airplay because the UMIK-1 is calibrated/operating at 48KHZ and Airplay is 44.1KHZ.

My amp is a Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 which re-samples all inputs to 24/96. If I use HDMI out of my Macbook to the amp (the only way other than Airplay to get a signal from the Mac to the Lyngdorf), will I still have issues with the measurements due to the internal conversion?

Dr.OP

Staff member
I don’t think it should be a problem. 48khz is umik sampling rate.
You can generate waw file in REW with audio reference and use Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 file playback functionality.

catastrofe

Registered
I don’t think it should be a problem. 48khz is umik sampling rate.
You can generate waw file in REW with audio reference and use Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 file playback functionality.

Thanks for the quick reply, but I'm not sure I understand.

What is a "waw" file?
When you say "use Lyngdorf file playback functionality", do you mean play back a file via the USB port on the Lyngdorf?

Dr.OP

Staff member
Thanks for the quick reply, but I'm not sure I understand.

What is a "waw" file?
When you say "use Lyngdorf file playback functionality", do you mean play back a file via the USB port on the Lyngdorf?
Silly typo it should be wav.

Here's the revised version:

1. Generate a WAV sweep file in REW, including an acoustic time reference, as detailed here: https://www.roomeqwizard.com/help/help_en-GB/html/siggen.html
2. Save the file to a USB drive or a UPnP server.
3. Begin a measurement in REW using the acoustic time reference.
4. Play the file on a Lyngdorf.

catastrofe

Registered
Silly typo it should be wav.

Here's the revised version:

1. Generate a WAV sweep file in REW, including an acoustic time reference, as detailed here:
2. Save the file to a USB drive or a UPnP server.
3. Begin a measurement in REW using the acoustic time reference.
4. Play the file on a Lyngdorf.
Thank you for the quick clarification.

A couple of additional questions...

When creating the .wav files (left and right), does the sample frequency and/or bit-rate matter? I assume not as the Lyngdorf will re-sample them to 24/96.

Is there any reason I shouldn't/couldn't play back the sweep files using Roon (I use Roon exclusively for music playback)?

Dr.OP

Staff member
Thank you for the quick clarification.

A couple of additional questions...

When creating the .wav files (left and right), does the sample frequency and/or bit-rate matter? I assume not as the Lyngdorf will re-sample them to 24/96.

Is there any reason I shouldn't/couldn't play back the sweep files using Roon (I use Roon exclusively for music playback)?
You can test different sample rates to see if there’s any noticeable difference, though they should all be the same if DSP processing is disabled.

You can use roon to playback sweep files.

catastrofe

Registered
You can test different sample rates to see if there’s any noticeable difference, though they should all be the same if DSP processing is disabled.

You can use roon to playback sweep files.
Thank you.

catastrofe

Registered
The sample rate matters, it should be the same as the mic sample rate.
Thanks.

The Lyngdorf will resample to 96K...there's no way for me to output the sweep file at 48K which is the mic sample rate so I'm not sure how that will impact my measurements.

Top Bottom