Screen
Samsung S95C 77inch
Remote Control
yes, L.O.L
Streaming Equipment
Apple
Streaming Subscriptions
Apple,Netflix, Prime, Skyanytime
Hello, this is probably a silly question to most of you, but here it goes, everyone says to measure and align subs using REW and Minidsp, and after that do the main Avr calibration, what's the difference in doing the opposite? do the calibration first and then use REW and Minidsp? I've tried both ways, but I seem to get better result in doing the REW and Minidsp after calibration:sarcastic: and can we get more Smilies???

sm52

The option to use AVR auto-calibration is not worth using at all. Because auto-calibration almost always makes mistakes with delays for subs, and the cutoff frequencies are not the best. Auto-calibration is for those who do not want to waste time for an ideal result, and who are satisfied with the average result.

Gerry Iaria

Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Marantz Cinema 50
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Sony X800
Front Speakers
Arendal 1961 monitors
Center Channel Speaker
Arendal 1961 centre monitor
Surround Speakers
Altec c1
Surround Back Speakers
Totem Acoustic Dream catcher
Subwoofers
Arendal Sub1- Ken Kreisel 800
Screen
Samsung S95C 77inch
Remote Control
yes, L.O.L
Streaming Equipment
Apple
Streaming Subscriptions
Apple,Netflix, Prime, Skyanytime
The option to use AVR auto-calibration is not worth using at all. Because auto-calibration almost always makes mistakes with delays for subs, and the cutoff frequencies are not the best. Auto-calibration is for those who do not want to waste time for an ideal result, and who are satisfied with the average result.
I use the auto calibration to set speakers distance, but I always check the levels manually, just wanted to know why people say it's got to be done after and not before REW-Minidsp, thank you very much for your reply :T

Top Bottom