Would Audiolense XO work on a nightclub PA system? 4x speakers (stereo) and 2x subwoofers.

Boog1000

More  
DAC
MiniDSP Flex
Front Speakers
Neumann KH310
Subwoofers
BK XLS200FF
Streaming Subscriptions
Audirvana + Tidal HiFi
Other Equipment
SubPac
I have a friend who owns a small club. We are about to start doing some acoustics, and I was wondering whether anyone has experience on a larger system.

If you have any questions I about his system I can fire them over and get back with info.

He does sometimes need to move the subs / speakers for certain types of venue hire (e.g. photoshoots). I'm assuming if there was a lot of fluency with audiolense / the units had their position precisely marked then this could be dealt with?

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
I think this will work very well. Hope you try it out and let us know how it goes.

hulkss

Be careful with your filter design and convolver selection or you will end up with a lot of delay on the audio signal. Stick to minimum phase targets, frequency only correction, and low latency crossovers. Look for a zero latency convolver as well. The Audio Lens convolver can do zero latency.

Mitchco

As @hulkss says... it also depends if it is a music playback only or if it is live sound for a band or if there is video or lights sync'd to the audio... also speakers locations. Each can have it's own convolution profile. If you need assistance, feel free to to contact me via my sig. Have fun!

Top Bottom