Winisd box size 150liters for one 8" woofer, really

thesami

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
onkyo tx-sr506
Hi,
I have 2 different sets of 8" woofers. RTO t/s parameters were taken with dats v3.
Winisd gave me enclosure volume 150liters, tune frequentny 30hz.
I just want to play and test with drivers I have and hone my skills, but I see no point making huge 2-way speakers for homevtheater.
So can I size the volume down with enclosure, what this novice need to know, please info greatly needed?
-sami

chrapladm

Staff member
I dont know your T/S parameters but you can make any size box you want. With DSP you can manipulate the 8" drivers to behave per your design goals.

If your 8 needs 150 liters and you use 30liters you most likely will have to use a lot more power for the same amount of spl in the larger cabinet.

thesami

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
onkyo tx-sr506
So I seems that I have mistaken completely. I found info about sizing enclosure and my T/S being Qts 0,587, Vas 42,13l, Fs 43,84Hz. And following with first two parameters, my enclosure would be ,88cubic feet, about 25liters.
I thought I need to follow completely winisd and that is it.

Thank you for the correction, Perhaps now I get to build this one better.

Question still: can I get cheap mini stereo amp, small one 2x50W for with REW and down stair listening device??? Easier to go out and larger hall to measure the speakers for crossover....

Top Bottom