Which Windows version of REW should I use with Windows 10 LTSB?

simac

Registered
I'm going to be using it in Bootcamp (with an Apogee Duet at 96k). Possibly also an Apollo 8p (if I can get it work via Bootcamp).

Thanks,
Simon.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Could use any of the 5.19 beta Windows installers, but the installer with JRE saves having to install Java.

simac

Registered
Could use any of the 5.19 beta Windows installers, but the installer with JRE saves having to install Java.

Hi John, I'm having problems getting the ASIO driver for UAD Apollo 8p (Thunderbolt) to work in REW, it's not showing up at all under ASIO...for some reason only the FireWire/USB driver show up. All the other drivers are giving me major dropouts...also ASIO4ALL...I thought it was a UAD thing, but, the Thunderbolt ASIO Driver both shows up and works fine in Reaper?

Last edited:

simac

Registered
OK, so I got it working...turns out I needed 64-bit JRE and 64-bit REW as UAD Thunderbolt driver is 64-bit only, hence why Reaper worked...trouble is measurements are a bit unstable (couple of minor wobbles in distortion on a loopback if they finish), and I keep getting this message: Resync Request from driver (even if the measurement finishes)...any thoughts?

Top Bottom