DAC
Exasound E38
Front Speakers
Psb synchrony one
Center Channel Speaker
PSB synchrony one C
Surround Speakers
Revel m105
I have to wonder what other people's multichannel simulations look like? For example, I don't hear preringing with following step response simulation (and I can make simulation look a little better than this), but is there really a point to it? I really believe that other than improving the overall acoustics of my room, it's as good as it's going to get.

I always end up with "junk" in upper portion, and sometimes I can smooth out the portion leading up to the initial impulse, but it never comes close to being the perfect impulse graph that I've seen posted for some of the stereo setups.

Other part of me thinks that I kind of don't know what I am doing, so there must be some configuration option I am missing.

hulkss

At this point, the biggest improvements will come from tuning the target response curve to your liking.

The other challenge is getting a good low latency filter set for watching streaming video services or gaming.

whoareyou

More  
Main Amp
Benchmark AHB2
Additional Amp
ATI AT525NC
Computer Audio
JRiver
DAC
Exasound E38
Front Speakers
Psb synchrony one
Center Channel Speaker
PSB synchrony one C
Surround Speakers
Revel m105
Thanks. Latency is not a problem. Also, I have target response as desired. I am now attempting to improve the filter via the TTD settings,

After spending quite some time exploring various settings, and trying to understand the various analysis tools, I started to wonder just how good most AL user's simulations appear for 5.1 configurations.

hulkss

You need to measure the actual convolved system with a measurement program like REW by sending the measurement signal through the subwoofer, XO, and a main speaker in a single measurement. Repeat for each channel. This will reveal how well your system is actually working. Measure in each listening position.

Top Bottom