REW Beta Release V5.20 beta 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 and 24

John Mulcahy

REW Author
As above, monitoring needs to be off. The output should be the signal from the computer and not any kind of mix.

Jiffster

There was no mic connected and I was sending the signal from othe output back to an input as stated in the calibration instructions.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Changes in V5.20 beta 22:
  • Added an option to show the audio frequency bands above the graph for the SPL & Phase and All SPL graphs. The bands are:
    • Sub bass: 20 to 60 Hz
    • Bass: 60 to 250 Hz
    • Low midrange: 250 to 500 Hz
    • Midrange: 500 Hz to 2 kHz
    • Upper midrange: 2 to 4 kHz
    • Presence: 4 to 6 kHz
    • Brilliance: 6 to 20 kHz
  • Allow Soundcard calibration measurement names to be changed
  • Bug fix: Measurement trace on RTA window did not update when trace offset was changed

John Mulcahy

REW Author
V5.20 beta 23 changes:

• Added an option to use CRLF as end of line when exporting measurements as text on macOS or Linux so the files have better compatibility with Windows applications
  • Bug fix: The SPL measurement timing offset was also being applied to impedance measurements
  • Bug fix: Prevent the frequency bands stripe text labels overwriting each other on narrow graphs
  • Bug fix: Do not colour the frequency bands stripe in captured images if monochrome option selected
  • Bug fix: Do not colour the modal resonance lines in captured images if monochrome option selected

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Changes in V5.20 beta 24:
  • Added 1/A and 1/B as trace arithmetic operations - results will only be valid for measurements made over the full frequency range
  • Allow soundcard cal files for the Default output device (using the default device is not recommended)
  • Allow 2 decimal places for the impedance measurement sense resistor value
  • Use scientific notation for distortion percentages below 0.001% in the distortion graph legend
  • Bug fix: Mic cal file entries were not created for devices with mono inputs
  • Bug fix: The measurement trace on the EQ window should not update when the trace offset is changed unless "Add to data" is used

sm52

I have a version of REW_windows_5_20_beta7_with_JRE, and I’m not trying other updates because I don’t want to install Java on my computer. Can you make a version of REW_windows_5_20_beta24_with_JRE?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
You don't need to install Java. If the REW installer cannot fiund a suitable Java runtime it will download a private runtime that only REW uses, exactly the same as the previous "with JRE" versions. The only difference is not including the runtime in the download to save bandwidth when it is not needed.

thumprchgo

My AV System  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Denon AVR-X4400H
Surround Speakers
polk dipole
Subwoofers
definitive proSub 800
Remote Control
harmony hub
It really should not be necessary to delete preferences for a new version and I don't recommend you do that.
For a long time, I would not delete anything REW beta xxx installed. Around this spring one of the betas did something that other betas were not clearing after updating. (Often a measurement would not "hear" the chirp at the start of a sweep, it would wait endlessly for the thing it never heard, really quite frustrating.) Searched up REW uninstaller app for my MacBook Pro, and used it. And the sound whacky disappeared. I took a screen shot of my prefs for REW and reconstruct from prefs screensnap after a new update In removing all the software I can choose to name the enclosing folder in my Applications folder for each beta version. REW-b25, kind of thing. I have had MUCH better luck with betas since...

hibikijin

Just a small detail regarding the Info window.. (Beta 24)

When playing from file (in Measure Playback From File), Excitation in the Info window shows whatever Level was set before when Playback was set to From REW which may or may not be the same as in the generated sweep file.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
When playing from file (in Measure Playback From File), Excitation in the Info window shows whatever Level was set before when Playback was set to From REW which may or may not be the same as in the generated sweep file.
Thanks, I've fixed that.

Top Bottom