using the umik 1 and window's 10

Abdulaziz

Hi, I am new to world of Umik-1 and Rew. My English is not good enough to understand some technical terms. I have read many about Rew but no luck.

I have Anthem Mrx 520. Center and Surr are connected directly to Avr but the fronts connected to Dac + amp. Mostly I use my PC (win10) for Music and Movies. Connected by Hdmi.

Just I want to measure my speakers by Rew. So after configureing (Asio4all) with Nvidia Gtx 1050Ti.

I have followed the instructions and I made my first measurement and close Rew app.

So I have some stupid Qs:
1- After closing the app I listen to some music through (Roon and Dac), but I have found the sound is the same no changes in sound. I have made factory reset to the Avr just to hear any differences. After that, I used Anthem Arc to make a new measurement also just I want to hear any differences.
So what can I do now?
2- How can used Rew Measurements and not Anthem Arc Measurement?

3- If I deleted Rew, the sound will change or will be the same.

I hope to help me please.
Thank you.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Measuring with REW doesn't change anything, it just lets you see how the speakers and room are behaving. To change the sound you would need to do things like move the speakers or listening position, or apply some EQ filters in the receiver. REW itself doesn't change sound at all, it is for measuring, not processing.

Abdulaziz

Thank you Mr. John.
But what about using Umik 1+ Rew + minidsp + Avr + (Fronts + Sub)
+ Avr + (5.1)
In this way I can play music and watching movies.
Measuring through Rew and processing through Minidsp.
Can I do this?

Top Bottom