UMIK-1 / REW Problem with miniDSP UDIO-8 multichannel DAC setup

jrobbins50

Hello, all. I have set up a miniDSP UDIO-8 with three Musical Fidelity V90 DACs to create what I hope will be a great sounding multichannel DAC. I am taking the analog outputs of the V90 DACs into the 7.1 analog inputs on my Marantz AV-7702 preamp/processor. Al channels are playing out fine. However, those analog inputs do not utilize the Audyssey MultXT32 sound correction built into the Marantz. I am using Roon on an i-7 processor server built for me by the folks at Small Green Computer. My plan is to use REW to develop filter that I can place into the convolution engine of Roon to do the sound correction.

I have installed REW on the i-7 server. But, I am stuck at square one on using REW for the measurements. As you can see from my attached screenshots, if I select ASIO4all v2 or the ASIO miniDSP Driver for REW, the Inputs are the same as the Outputs , that is, the list of eight UDIO-8 channels. If I select Java, the UMIK-1 microphone appears as a choice for Input, but the Outputs are now limited to just left and right channels.

Obviously, I need the ASIO to get the multichannels, but also need the UMIK-1 to show up as the Input device. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. JCR

Attachments

• REW 1.jpg
    REW 1.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 10
  • REW2.jpg
    REW2.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 10
  • REW3.jpg
    REW3.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 8
  • REW4.jpg
    REW4.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 8
  • REW5.jpg
    REW5.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 9
  • REW6.jpg
    REW6.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 10
  • REW7.jpg
    REW7.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 10
  • REW8.jpg
    REW8.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 10

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Use ASIO4all and make sure both the UMIK and your UDIO-8 are selected in the ASIO4All panel. Similar to using ASIO4All for UMIK and HDMI, which is described here.

jrobbins50

John, exceedingly helpful. Seems my problem was related to the UMIK-1 not being activated in the ASIO4all control panel. The guide you linked even addressed how to make it “active” as compared to “idle.” I am configuring remotely from home but will test later this evening and report back. However, I think you have me up and running. JCR

Top Bottom