Surround Back Speakers
Volt 10 Rear Surrounds
Rear Height Speakers
Volt 6 Overheads
Subwoofers
2x Marty subs (full size with SI 18's)
Video Display Device
Sony 85 inch X950H FALD TV
The Jackie Chan Collection: Volume 2 (1983-1993)

front.jpg
Movie: :3.5stars:
Video: :4stars:
Audio: :3.5stars:
Extras: :3.5stars:
Final Score: :3.5stars:

WARNING: THE SCORES ABOVE ARE A COMBINED SCORE FROM ALL 8 FILMS, THE INDIVIDUAL SCORES ARE CONTAINED BELOW IN THE INDIVIDUAL SECTIONS OF THE REVIEW

AV NIRVANA is member and reader-supported. When you purchase an item using our links, we might earn an affiliate commission.

1.png
Movie

Winners and Sinners : :3.5stars:
Shout Factory’s collections of Jackie Chan flicks has moved on to what I consider the “Silver” age for the comedic martial artist. The 70s was a time of period pieces and playing secondary parts in films for Jackie. There were some breakout successes for him, but at that time anything outside of The Shaw Brothers was still considered second rate Kung-fu, but Jackie was definitely making waves. The 1980s was really where Hong Kong cinema had a sort of rebirth, and some of the big players of Hong Kong Kung-Fu took off to dominate for the next 10 years (ish). Jackie Chan, Donnie Yen, Yuen Biao, and Sammo Hung would become the new juggernauts of Hong Kong Cinema, with the next generation of greats coming in hot on their heels (Donnie Yen, Jet Li, etc.). While Yuen Biao had teamed up with Jackie Chan during the 70s, it wasn’t till Sammo Hung joined them all and they started combining their comedic elements in collaboration that the world really took notice.

Winners and Sinners may not have been the first time that the trio of Kung-Fu mastery had worked together, but it was one that put them on the map as it started a very successful trilogy of films known as the Five Lucky Stars Trilogy. Winners, is more of a gangster flick with comedy stylings, as Teapot (Sammo Hung), Curly (John Sham), Exhaust Pipe (Richard Ng), Vaseline (Charlie Chin) and Rookie (Stanley Fung) all decide to combine their criminals enterprises together after getting out of jail. The team decide to form a cleaning crew that will act as a front for burglary, but things start going sideways when Curly’s sister Shirley (Cherie Chung) joins the crew, causing more than her share of chaos along the way.

Ironically Jackie Chan is kind of a “side” main character here, playing a cop who runs into the 5 throughout the film, with Yuen Biao coming in from time to time as a cameo cop along with Jackie. The film is silly, a bit cheesy, and sort of rough around the edges as the entire Hong Kong film industry is on the cusp of changing tactics from period piece Kung-Fu movies to more modern day ones. It’s not the best of the trilogy, but certainly one of the most seminal as it cemented Chan, Biao and Hung as a trio to be reckoned with when combined.

Twinkle, Twinkle Lucky Stars: :3.5stars:
This is where I was actually scratching my head for a bit. Shout Factory has gone out of their way to get access to all these films, but for some reason has left out the second film of the Five Lucky Stars trilogy (My Lucky Stars) and skipped straight to the third. Not like I’m complaining too much, but this actually disappointed me a bit as I would have loved to have seen all 3 films back to back in the set. My guess is rights issues, but I don’t have any definitive proof.

The cops are all back from a well earned vacation. Switching things up again, Jackie, Yuen, and Sammo are back as cops this time, and on the heels on a group of drug lords and assasssins. The three are informed that a group of assassins (headed up by baby faced Aussie martial arts master Richard Norton) are after a Hong Kong drug lord. The trio of supercops fail pretty miserably at their mission to stop the assassins, and are re-assigned to cover a pair of witnesses. However, things go awry when the cops run into the assassins by accident and they have to choose to take out the death dealers in an all out pandemonium of every man for himself.

It’s well known that Winners and Sinners is the most comedic of the trilogy, but Twinkle, Twinkle, Lucky Stars is by far the most action packed. At 98 minutes it’s a tour de force of non stop hilarity and over the top fights. Sammo Hung has widely been regarded as the bet fight choreographer and director of the 3, and it really shows here as he directs a wide variety and styles of different action bits. The stunts are unbelievable, even for the 1980s era when stunt men basically gave their lives for the craft, and there is no disputing the absolute glee and passion involved. The whole trilogy of Lucky Stars is a bit odd, with a mishmash of genres, but all in all really are some of the most seminal early 80s Kung-Fu flicks to exist. (if only we could have the 2nd film too).

Wheels on Meals: :4.5stars:
And here we have probably my favorite film of the entire set, Wheels on Meals. Wheels was where Yeun, Jackie and Sammo really gelled the best, tag teaming their different comedic and action stylings to create something genuinely special. It’s 1 part comedy, 1 part action, and 1 part unbelievable stunts that has your jaw hanging to the floor.

Thomas (Jackie) and David (Yuen) are Chinese street food cooks running a roach coach in the streets of Barcelona, Spain. Thomas is the free wheeling “cool” guy of the duo, using his skateboard to deliver orders and fend off the local punks, while nerdy David cooks up the food and dreams of meeting babes. Trouble arrives in the form of a beautiful street walking thief (it always does) named Sylvia (Lola Forner) who ends up stealing the boys cash. That doesn’t slow down David at all, who is smitten with the girl, and actually bails her out from getting caught by the cops. Thinking she’s gone for good after stealing their cash, David and Thomas go about their business, only to get sucked into a world of intrigue and royalty as it turns out Sylvia is the illegitimate heir to a rich Spanish family. With Sylvia getting kidnapped by her “family” to get her out of the picture, it’s up to David, Thomas and private detective Moby (Sammo Hung) to get her out. Even if that means scaling a castle wall, hiding in drag, and kicking the butts of everyone they run across.

Wheels on Meals is a goofy flick that is on par with many other 80s Hong Kong films, but it happens to have some of the best fight scenes of that decade. Sammo Hung is once again in rare form as he directs, produces, and teams up with Jackie Chan for the fight choreography. It’s a non stop action extravaganza, as Yuen and Jackie really get to stretch their martial arts abilities to the max (and of course their comedic stylings). It also happens to have one of the single best 1980s fight scenes with Jackie pairing off against Benny “the jet” Urquidez. A scene that’s basically been clipped and shared among action fans for the better part of nearly 40 years.

The Protector : :3stars:
The Protector, another one of those movies I want to like, but can’t really get behind all that much. The Protector was the second attempt at getting Jackie Chan to bust into the American box office after Battle Creek Brawl failed so miserably. Don’t get me wrong, Brawl wasn’t a financial loss for anyone. It made a small modicum of profit, but it wasn’t setting the world on fire with dollar signs so no major studio was really willing to bring him across the ocean to star in our action films all the time. Golden Harvest made a second attempt at pushing him into the west by hiring director James Clickenhous (cult film direction of the 80s, most famous for The Exterminator).

Instead of playing to his strengths, all involved wanted to make a serious cop movie, and have Jackie playing a NYC cop who whose partner gets killed while having an “off the clocks drink”. Jackie is forced to get a new partner in the form of Danny Aiello, and is now covering a fashion show undercover. Things go sideways when the daughter of a local mobster is kidnapped, forcing the detectives to fly to Hong Kong and try to get her out. Even if that means going undercover midst Chinese mobsters in hopes of infiltrating the underworld.

The Protector has some incredible stunts going for it. There’s a boat chase around Manhattan, as well as some really great vehicle leaps that were hard to film by all records. HOWEVER, The Protector was a box office bomb in America. It was received well overseas, but America basically turned up their nose the film. Jackie Chan recut the film as a “hong kong cut” years later which is actually a slightly better cut of the flick, but it’s still not that fantastic of a film (this set includes that cut, just in Standard Definition)

2.jpg
Armour of God: :3.5stars:
The Armour of God duo was a weird bit of naming conventions in the United States that got me confused when I would hear people talking about Operation Condor being the sequel to Armour of God vs. the other way around. You see, for some reason the films were titled Operation Condor II: Armour of God and Armour of God II was titled Operation Condor, making it seem like the sequel came before it’s predecessor, when it’s really the other way around. That bit of nerdy tidbit aside, it’s nice to see these two films get their proper treatment, as Echo Bridge released the films with very mediocre transfers and audio options years ago, and have been the only domestic release for the films on Blu-ray up until now.

Armour of God was basically the Jackie Chan version of Indiana Jones meets Lara Croft: Tomb Raider. Jackie plays Asian Hawk (the English translations for Chinese names in the 80s was flipping hilarious), a former pop star who has gone on to be a treasure hunter and babe magnet extraordinaire. He gets dragged into a bit of a situation when his old bandmate’s girlfriend gets kidnapped by a religious cult who are intent on trading her for an ancient relic known as the three pieces of the Armour of God.

Getting the relics isn’t hard as Asian Hawk has to just drop in to a Rich aristocrat to do so. However, getting the trade goes sideways when the cult leader double crosses the relic hunter, causing a natural end result in a Jackie Chan film. That is, Jackie beats the ever living snot out of the cultists, including 4 Amazonian warriors, and nearly gets himself killed in the process (seriously, there’s a legendary stunt gone wrong with Jackie jumping into a tree where he LITERALLY almost meets his maker. It’s a doozy and luckily in the end of the movie stunt bloopers that are so famous for Jackie’s later films).

Armour of God II: Operation Condor: :3.5stars:
Armour of God wasn’t a super fantastic movie, but it was filled with great stunts and amazing fights to the point where it garnered such success in Hong Kong cinemas that Jackie decided to bring back the character of Asian Hawk in 1991 with a sequel known as Armour of God II: Operation Condor (simply titled Operation Condor in the states) that was bigger, more action, more Jackie Chan comedy, and just as much silliness.

After an unsuccessful jewel heist, famed treasure hunter Asian Hawk is back home for a new assignment. Find a long lost cache of buried gold that the Nazis had stored in a hidden African desert base that was never found. But it seems that the location of the base has been discovered, and the United Nations are eager to have the treasure found and redistributed to its rightful owners before nerdowell’s get the gold first.

Jackie is give n the secret key to open the treasure vault with all of the Nazi stolen gold, and sent off with the UN’s liaison Ada (Charol Cheng) to keep an eye on him. They’re soon joined by Elsa (Eva Cobo de Garcia), a German woman whose family dates back to the era when the gold was stolen. Together they have to evade treasure seekers who want the money for themselves, betrayal, and general mayhem to get the money back to its rightful owners.

Like most sequels, Operation Condor amps up everything from the first movie to level 11. Asian Hawke isn’t just a rogue playboy. He’s an ULTRA ladies man who has every woman both off at him and in love with him at the same time. His fight skills are now no longer just fighting off some cultists and Amazonians. He’s now fighting a whole cadre of mercenaries ranging from hand to hand combat, fighting in a wind tunnel, and generally kicking the butt of anyone who gets in his way. Not to mention the slapstick Jackie Chan comedy that was so popular in the 1990s is on full display here. It’s silly, goofy, more action packed, but not AS seriously raw and good as the first film.

Crime Story: :4stars:
I remember watching Crime Story back in the late 90s and being completely taken aback by the MASSIVE change of pace from Jackie’s typical 80s and 90s fare. While Battle Creek Brawl wasn’t SUPER comedic, and The Protector a lot more serious, neither were devoid of comedy. Comedy has always been the backbone of Jackie’s appeal, and his audience were used to it, but 1993’s Crime Story flipped the switch on that assumption with Jackie playing in one of his most serious movies of all time. Not to mention his first movie based upon a real event that happened.

Eddie Chan (Jackie Chan) is an honest Hong Kong cop who is ordered to protect a local businessman (Law Kar-Ying) in order to foil a supposed kidnapping attempt. Running a background check on the businessman, Chan figures that the man’s fears are valid, but before he can get on the case full time said businessman is kidnapped by a Taiwanese gang. Heading over to Taipei to negotiate the ransom, Chan and Hung (Kent Cheng), another seasoned cop, Chan and his partner attempt to deal with the local cops and get the businessman back.

However, everything goes awry (as they usually do) when Chan realizes that his partner is working WITH the gangsters, and forces Chan to report his findings to his superiors. Strangely, Chan is ordered to ignore Hung, and instead focus on the kidnapping. Hung is already suspicious that his partner is on to him, leading to a cat and mouse game where Chan is both trying to figure out how to expose Hung, AND get the ransom carried out without getting killed by either of the two forces.

Inspired by a true crime story, Crime Story is a bleak and grim cop story that doesn’t have ANY of Chan’s famous comedy stylings. It’s dark, gritty, and generally considered one of his better serious films of the 90s outside of the slightly more comedic Police Story series (probably Jackie’s best and most popular series)

City Hunter: :2.5stars:
Coming out the same years as Crime Story, City Hunter is the polar opposite of the gritty crime drama. In fact, it goes so polar to Crime Story, that City Hunter falls into the category or near self parody that almost killed his career (sort of). Directed by Wong Jing, City Hunter taken from a Japanese Manga and goes about as full blown nuts as you might expect from a Manga adaptation. Jackie is hired to find the daughter of a newspaper publisher. He subsequently finds her pretty easily, but she escapes onto a luxury cruise, forcing Jackie to follow her on board.

While on board, Jackie attempts to catch her once more, unaware that a group of terrorists are planning on hijacking the boat and stealing everything. Now it’s up to Jackie to to stop the terrorists, catch the daughter, and save the lives of everyone else on board the ship as well. Simple? Right? Wrong, it seems simple, but City Hunter pushes the absurdity and over the top Japanese style humor straight into overdrive on level 13 out of 10. It’s so silly that it becomes a parody of itself, with a fight scene including Jackie Chan dressed up as Street Fighter’s Chun Li, as well as recreating Kareem Abdul Jabar’s fight in Game of Death.

Yeahhhhh, City Hunter is a bit much, and more of a massive miss for Jackie Chan. I remember seeing this back in the late 90s at Blockbuster video and mouthing “what the literal…..” to myself upon watching. It’s so goofy that even I couldn’t get into it, and still remains one of my most disappointing Jackie Chan movies ever.

Rating:

Not Rated by the MPAA

Video: :4stars:
3.png
Winners and Sinners: :4stars:
Winners and Sinners actually looks really good. I was expecting more “meh” like the first Jackie Chan collection coming from the early 80s films, but I was pleasantly surprised. Grain is pretty thick as you would expect, but detail levels and color saturation remains high. There’s some paleness to the overall grading, and pastels tend to be more predominate, but overall I was impressed. Black levels could use some work, but Fortune Star’s remaster looks to be pretty well done overall

Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Stars: :4stars:
Twinkle, Twinkle, Lucky Stars is very similar to Winners and Sinners in overall quality levels. Details and color saturation looks great, and the overall fine detailing is more than adequate. I noticed a boost in black levels and better shadow details as well. The palette is much more neutral in tone, though it does push some hot reds and yellows and browns throughout. I did notice some crush in a few scenes, but at the end of the day this is a solid looking transfer.

Wheels on Meals: :4stars:
Wheels on Meals shows a slight boost in color and clarity, with a deeper saturated color tone and more natural lighting. Most of the fights take place outdoors and in the daylight, but once they attack the castle things get black real quick. Luckily the black levels are extremely good, with very little crush and overall lack of shadow details. It’s a more inky black look.

The Protector: :3.5stars:
The Protector is a bit rougher, with a much different filming aesthetic since it was meant to bust Jackie into the American market. It’s more raw, with higher bouts of film grain, and a dustier and grimmer look. As as a result there is a lot less colors going on, with a more brown and earth tone approach. There’s also some minor crush going on and a slight lack of detail with all of the dusty browns and dingey look of the film.

Armour of God: :4stars:
Armour of God looks a lot better than the nasty old Echo Bridge release, as it’s taken from a much newer restoration master as well as given a lot more bitrate to work with than Echo Bridge was willing to give. The film has always been a bit rough, with a woody look to it that goes straight into Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom blacks and stone colors when we get to the cultists. The fine detailing is more than adequate though, with great black levels, very organic grain structure, and a well textured look that is much more like how I remember the 35mm print I saw in 2010 (one of my favorite private viewings).

Armour of God II: Operation Condor: :4stars:
Operation Condor looked a waxy compressed mess on the Echo Bridge release, and I’m happy to say that it looks waaaaaaaay better here. Don’t get me wrong, Operation Condor was always a low budget 90s Hong Kong flick, but loses the waxy veneer and shows off a lot more natural grain. It’s always slightly soft looking due to the opticals and what not, but this is easily the best the film has ever looked.

Crime Story: :4stars:
Crime Story is one that surprised me. My old DVD looked terrible on a modern TV, and I was expecting the worst here. Again, luckily, the image is very clean, very well detailed, and shows off tons of natural grain without being overly obtrusive. There’s some overly darkened shots that crush, and some mild banding in the background, but facial details are strong, and colors well saturated. Good, never great, but more than enough thanks to Fortune Star’s fairly recent transfer.

City Hunter: :3.5stars:
City Hunter was released by Shout Factory as a double feature with Crime Story a few years back, and while I haven’t seen that transfer in as many years, I remember it being pretty terrible. Shout Factory advertises a 2K remaster for this release, and I’m not sure whether that was the same master used on the old Blu-ray, but I’m guessing not as I remember that Blu-ray looking downright awful. This one is just simple mediocre looking. Part of that is due to the style of the movie with hazy foggy locations, and bright over the top colors that are sort of grunged out due to the dim lighting. Fine details look fine enough, but overall this is still a very soft film with some distinct aging flaws.

Audio: :3.5stars:
5.jpg
Like the first set, the audio tracks are so over archingly similar to each other that I felt was redundant to separate the reviews and say the same thing over again. Shout Factory has outdone themselves by including the original Mono tracks in DTS-HD MA, while adding lossy 5.1 and Dolby 2.0 English and Chinese tracks for the varying versions out there. The mono tracks for these films have never sounded that great (and the English dubs were hilariously horrendous in quality) with a bit of scratch, and the obviously heavily ADR’d dialog that was common for that era. Winners and Sinners tends to sound the worst, but The Protector suffers a bit from hiss and sharp highs as well. They tend to clean up a bit better the newer the film, but the typical wiff bang pow sound effects will retain that sort of hollow and wooden sound that was typical of the era (again, many of these quirks are era specific for Hong Kong films).

Extras: :3.5stars:
4.jpg
Winners and Sinners
NEW Audio Commentary By David West, Critic And Author Of Chasing Dragons: An Introduction To The Martial Arts Film
NEW A Winning Formula – Academic Dr. Luke White, Author Of Fighting Without Fighting: Kung Fu Cinema's Journey To The West, Discusses The Hong Kong Martial Arts Comedy
• Audio: Mandarin Mono DTS-HD Master Audio, Mandarin 5.1 Dolby Digital, English Dub Mono DTS-HD Master Audio, Cantonese Mono DTS-HD Master Audio, Alternate Cantonese Mono DTS-HD Master Audio
• Archival Interview With Director/Actor Sammo Hung
• Teapot Tango – An Interview With Director/Actor Sammo Hung
• The Man Behind The Legend: Sammo Hung
• Outtakes
• Alternate Japanese End Credits
• Original Hong Kong Teaser And Theatrical Trailer
• English Trailer
• Japanese Trailer And TV Spot
• Still Gallery

Twinkle, Twinkle, Lucky Stars
NEW Audio Commentary By David West, Critic And Author Of Chasing Dragons: An Introduction To The Martial Arts Film
• Audio: Cantonese Mono DTS-HD Master Audio, Mandarin Stereo DTS-HD Master Audio, English Mono DTS-HD Master Audio, Alternate Cantonese Mono DTS-HD Master Audio
• Alternate Extended Taiwanese Version – 4K Transfer From The Original Film Elements
• A Life Of Laughter – An Interview With Actor Richard Ng
• Gentleman Warrior – An Interview With Actor Richard Norton
• Outtakes
• Original Theatrical Trailer
• English Trailer
• Japanese Trailer And TV Spot
• Still Gallery

Wheels on Meals
NEW Audio Commentary With David West, Critic And Author Of Chasing Dragons: An Introduction To The Martial Arts Film
• NEW Break-Neck Brilliance: A New Era Of Jackie Chan And Skeleton-Shattering Stunts – An 88-Minute Feature Length Documentary On How Chan Broke The Mold (And His Bones) With His Daring Choreography And Set Pieces Upon His Return To Hong Kong In The 1980s, Featuring Interviews With Wang Yao, One Of The Original Members Of The Jackie Chan Stunt Team, Emma Lee, Former Manager Of Talent For Golden Harvest, Chi-Hwa Chen, Executive Director Of Police Story, Vincent Lyn, Actor In Operation Condor, Academic Dr Lin Feng, Frank Djeng Of The NY Asian Film Festival, And More…
• Audio: Cantonese Mono DTS-HD Master Audio, Cantonese 5.1 Dolby Digital, Cantonese 2.0 With Alternate Soundtrack DTS-HD Master Audio, Original English Mono DTS-HD Master Audio, English 5.1 (Classic Dub) Dolby Digital, English 5.1 (2006 Dub) Dolby Digital
• Outtake Footage
• Still Gallery

Armour of the Gods
2K RESTORATION OF THE HONG KONG CUT OF THE FILM
• International Cut
• NEW Audio Commentary From James Mudge, Veteran Hong Kong Film Critic At easternKicks
• Audio: Mandarin Stereo DTS-HD Master Audio, Cantonese Mono DTS-HD Master Audio (Original Theatrical Mix), Cantonese Stereo DTS-HD Master Audio, English Mono DTS-HD Master Audio, English Stereo DTS-HD Master Audio, English 5.1 Dolby Digital, Japanese Theatrical Mandarin Mono DTS-HD Master Audio
• Rise Of The Phoenix – Radek Sienski On Armour Of God
• Interview With Jackie Chan
• Interview With Willie Chan
• Interview With Editor Peter Cheung
• Japanese Release Outtakes
• Japanese Theatrical Trailer
• English Theatrical Trailer
• Still Gallery

Armour of the Gods II: Operation Condor
• Extended Cut
• NEW Audio Commentary From James Mudge, Veteran Hong Kong Film Critic At easternKicks (Extended Cut)
• NEW Notes For A New Direction – Composer Stephen Endelman Discusses Crafting A New Soundtrack For The American Debut Of Jackie Chan's Sequel
• Audio: Cantonese Mono DTS-HD Master Audio, Cantonese Stereo DTS-HD Master Audio, English Dub DTS-HD Master Audio
• Still Gallery

The Protector
2K RESTORATION OF THE ORIGINAL U.S. CUT OF THE FILM
• NEW
Audio Commentary From Author And Critic Kim Newman, Moderated By Filmmaker Sean Hogan
• Alternate "Hong Kong Cut" Of The Film By Jackie Chan In Standard Definition
• Audio: English Stereo DTS-HD Master Audio, English 5.1 Dolby Digital
• From New York To Hong Kong – An Interview With Director James Glickenhaus (2013)
• Audio (Alternate Cut): Cantonese Mono, Cantonese Home Video Stereo, English/Cantonese Hybrid Mix
• Locations – Then And Now
• Behind The Scenes Trailer
• Original Trailer
• Hong Kong Trailer
• Japanese Teaser And Trailer
• Still Gallery

Crime Story
NEW Audio Commentary With James Mudge, Veteran Hong Kong Veteran Hong Kong Film Critic At easternKicks
• NEW Criminally Creative: The Story Of A stylistic U-Turn – Andrew Heskins, Film Critic For Easternkicks Speaks About Jackie Chan's Change Of Pace With Crime Story
• Audio: Cantonese Mono DTS-HD Master Audio, Cantonese 5.1 Dolby Digital, English Mono DTS-HD Master Audio, English 5.1 Dolby Digital
• Archival Interview With Bruce Law
• Archival Interview With Writer Teddy Chan
• Archival Interview With Director Kirk Wong
• Deleted Scenes

City Hunter
NEW Audio Commentary With David West, Critic And Author Of Chasing Dragons: The Introduction To The Martial Arts Film
• NEW Slapstick In The City: Jackie Chan Enters The Nineties – Andrew Heskins, Film Critic For Easternkicks, Reflects On The Surreal Cult Thrills Of City Hunter
• Audio: Cantonese Mono DTS-HD Master Audio, Cantonese Stereo DTS-HD Master Audio, Cantonese 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 5.1 Dolby Digital
• Archival Interview With Jackie Chan
• Archival Interview With Director Wong Jing
• Archival Interview With Stuntman Rocky Lai
• Archival Interview With Richard Norton
• Archival Interview With Gary Daniels
• Outtakes Music Video
• Outtake Montage
• Japanese Ending Credits
• Still Gallery

Final Score: :3.5stars:

The Jackie Chan Collection: Volume 2 is a decent step over the middling 1st collection from Shout Factory, in both audio/video scores and quality of the movies themselves. They’re missing some big ones from his late 80s and 90s careers, but I’m sort of hoping that they get included in the 3rd collection (though some of them might due to rights issues. I know the Police Story 1-3 set is being released elsewhere in 4K so we might not see Supercop in the next set). I personally would love to see the 90s and early 2000s for the 3rd collection if Shout deigns to make one, as we get some REAL gems from that time period. Who Am I?, Rumble in the Bronx, Jackie Chan’s First Strike, Mr. Nice Guy, Twin Dragons… the list goes on and on. Definitely check this set out if you’re a Jackie Chan fan.

Technical Specifications:

Starring: Jackie Chan, Sammo Hung, Kirk Wong, Jim Wong,
Directed by: Various
Written by: Various
Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1 / 1.85:1/ 1.78:1 / 1.85:1/ 2.39:1 AVC
Audio:
Winners and Sinners - Mandarin Mono DTS-HD Master Audio, Mandarin 5.1 Dolby Digital, English Dub Mono DTS-HD Master Audio, Cantonese Mono DTS-HD Master Audio, Alternate Cantonese Mono DTS-HD Master Audio
Twinkle, Twinkle, Lucky Stars - Cantonese Mono DTS-HD Master Audio, Mandarin Stereo DTS-HD Master Audio, English Mono DTS-HD Master Audio, Alternate Cantonese Mono DTS-HD Master Audio
Wheels on Meals - Cantonese Mono DTS-HD Master Audio, Cantonese 5.1 Dolby Digital, Cantonese 2.0 With Alternate Soundtrack DTS-HD Master Audio, Original English Mono DTS-HD Master Audio, English 5.1 (Classic Dub) Dolby Digital, English 5.1 (2006 Dub) Dolby Digital
Armour of God - Mandarin Stereo DTS-HD Master Audio, Cantonese Mono DTS-HD Master Audio (Original Theatrical Mix), Cantonese Stereo DTS-HD Master Audio, English Mono DTS-HD Master Audio, English Stereo DTS-HD Master Audio, English 5.1 Dolby Digital, Japanese Theatrical Mandarin Mono DTS-HD Master Audio
Armour of God II: Operation Condor - Cantonese Mono DTS-HD Master Audio, Cantonese Stereo DTS-HD Master Audio, English Dub DTS-HD Master Audio
The Protector - English Stereo DTS-HD Master Audio, English 5.1 Dolby Digital / ( Alternate Cut): Cantonese Mono, Cantonese Home Video Stereo, English/Cantonese Hybrid Mix
Crime Story - Cantonese Mono DTS-HD Master Audio, Cantonese 5.1 Dolby Digital, English Mono DTS-HD Master Audio, English 5.1 Dolby Digital
City Hunter - Cantonese Mono DTS-HD Master Audio, Cantonese Stereo DTS-HD Master Audio, Cantonese 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 5.1 Dolby Digital
Subtitles: English
Studio: Shout Factory
Rated: NR
Runtime: 1215 Minutes
Blu-ray Release Date: April, 25th, 2023
image.png

Recommendation: Good movies, Solid Set

Last edited:

tripplej

AV Addict
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
NAD T-777
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player
Front Speakers
7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers
Subwoofers
2 Paradigm SE Subs
Other Speakers or Equipment
Nintendo Wii U Gaming Console
Video Display Device
Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV
Remote Control
Universal Remote MX-450
Streaming Subscriptions
Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge
Thanks for the review. I have not seen any of these so will check them out.

Top Bottom