Technical References for the Minimum Phase Discussion

MikeVW

More  
Front Speakers
Martin Logan CLS
Subwoofers
Kinergetics SW-100
John, I wonder if you would recommend a couple of references supporting your minimum phase discussion (Page 57 in V5.19). I find it interesting, but I never ran across a discussion of that topic in any of my physics, math or engineering courses. I'd like to dig a little deeper into the derivation of the results if you would point the way. Thanks, Mike

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Was there some specific aspect you wanted more info about? The general topic of Minimum Phase can be found on Wikipedia or in texts on control theory or filter design.

MikeVW

More  
Front Speakers
Martin Logan CLS
Subwoofers
Kinergetics SW-100
Thanks John. It is more of an intellectual interest in a topic that I hadn't run across before. I should have thought to look at wikipedia. The explanation and references are sufficient to satisfy my curiosity. Mike

andyc56

Thanks John. It is more of an intellectual interest in a topic that I hadn't run across before. I should have thought to look at wikipedia. The explanation and references are sufficient to satisfy my curiosity. Mike

The earliest, and AFAIK original treatment of this topic was from Hendrik Bode's 1945 book "Network Analysis and Feedback Amplifier Design". There used to be a PDF of the book at archive.org, but it looks like it's been taken down.

MikeVW

More  
Front Speakers
Martin Logan CLS
Subwoofers
Kinergetics SW-100
Andy and Bernard: Thanks for the the reference and the links. This will give me something to read until I can go outside again.

andyc56

Andy and Bernard: Thanks for the the reference and the links. This will give me something to read until I can go outside again.

I noticed that PDF is not searchable. This link points to the book in .djvu format. If you're on Windows, you can download WinDjView, and a search for "minimum phase" without quotes will find all the matches.

Bernard

I noticed that PDF is not searchable. This link points to the book in .djvu format. If you're on Windows, you can download WinDjView, and a search for "minimum phase" without quotes will find all the matches.
Please, go to Electronic library. Download books free. Finding books (b-ok.cc)

Then research " Network Analysis and Feedback Amplifier Design ".

There are 2 PDF editions: the first one (22.94 Mb) is read-only and the second one (24.78 Mb) can be modified.
I gave the link to the first one.

MikeVW

More  
Front Speakers
Martin Logan CLS
Subwoofers
Kinergetics SW-100
Thanks Bernard. I snagged it, but I will likely take an hour and browse the book so that I see the context in which they developed it, but being able to search is nice. There is a lot of useful information in old books, but a lot of it gets lost when the pages turn brown.

Top Bottom