SVS 3000 In Wall Subwoofer System Review [VIDEO]

Manufacturer & Model
SVS 3000 In Wall Subwoofer System
MSRP
$1999 as tested, $2999 in dual-cabinet configuration
Link
https://www.svsound.com/products/3000-in-wall-subwoofer
Highlights
In-wall form factor means users can add a sub where it was previously impossible. Sealed cabinet tuned for punchy, hard-hitting bass. Very friendly price point for an in-wall subwoofer performing at this level.
Summary
The SVS 3000 In Wall Subwoofer System is a dual-9" sealed cabinet designed to mount in any standard 2x4 construction wall, making installation very flexible in order to find the best location for your room. Plenty of usable bass extension below the rated 29Hz and more than enough output for most applications. Configurable as a dual-cabinet system powered off a single rack-mount amp.
full?d=1682868547.jpg

I love watching movies. I hate seeing gear. Subs are generally a sacrifice, since you have to have big subs for big bass, right?

For the past few weeks I've had the good fortune to be the first reviewer to get my hands on the new SVS 3000 In Wall Subwoofer System. Having a relatively flexible screen wall installation made it pretty simple for me to fully install it and give it a real-world review workout for an accurate assessment of its performance.

From the jump, it took me a little bit to stop mentally comparing it to my existing SVS PB-2000 in-room subwoofer. The two subs are completely different, and comparing them isn't fair to either model. But the longer I've had it installed in my room, the further removed I am from the memory of my PB-2000, the more enamored I am with this new invisible offering from SVS. It's changed how I feel about bass in my room.

So how has it been working out?

Check out my video review of the SVS 3000 In Wall Subwoofer System!

SVS 3000 In Wall Subwoofer System
  • Dual 9-inch active high-excursion drivers
  • Ultra-Rigid Aluminum and MDF cabinet
  • Freq. Response: 22-250 Hz ±3 dB
  • Paintable magnetically attached removeable grill
  • Available in Single Subwoofer System or Dual Subwoofer System configurations
  • 800-watt RMS, 2,500-watt peak Sledge STA-800D2C amplifier
  • High-efficiency Class-D switching topology
  • High-resolution 50MHz Analog Devices Audio DSP

Ragnoid

Registered
Thanks for the great review, enjoyable watch. Am currently re-designing my cinema room and wanting to incorporate some columns to hide the 4 surround speakers. I've had an acoustic profile done up for the room to incorporate 4 subs, unfortunately one of them is in a very awkward location, however installing something like this into the column might be a viable option for the ideal placement?

Travis Ballstadt

Administrator
Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Anthem AVM60
Main Amp
Emotiva BasX 5
Additional Amp
Emotiva UPA-500
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Kaleidescape Strato C/Terra 48TB/Compact Terra 6TB
Front Speakers
NextLevel Acoustics Reference Cinema
Center Channel Speaker
Surround Speakers
Front Height Speakers
NextLevel Acoustics Angled Satellite
Rear Height Speakers
Subwoofers
SVS SB2000 x2
Video Display Device
JVC DLA X790R, Lumagen Radiance Pro 4240
Screen
SeymourAV Proscenium 124” diagonal 2.40:1
Remote Control
Unfolded Circle Remote 2, powered by HomeAssistant
Streaming Equipment
PLEX Server, AppleTV4K, Bluesound Node2i
Streaming Subscriptions
AppleTV+, Amazon Prime, HBO Max
Satellite System
They still have those?
Other Equipment
Rega Planar 6, Rega Exact2 cart, Rega Aria Mk3 Phono Stage, Jolida JD202BRC, Rega RS-5 Speakers (2-channel system)
Thanks for the great review, enjoyable watch. Am currently re-designing my cinema room and wanting to incorporate some columns to hide the 4 surround speakers. I've had an acoustic profile done up for the room to incorporate 4 subs, unfortunately one of them is in a very awkward location, however installing something like this into the column might be a viable option for the ideal placement?
You would most definitely want to make sure the subs are at least all sealed, and perhaps go with a pair of these and a pair of in-room sealed subs, to make sure they're easier to integrate together.

JStewart

Senior AV Addict
Supporter
Subs take up a lot of floor space and if I ever redo things I’d strongly consider going this route for a couple of other reasons too.

Seems as though these could work very well for a “double bass array” if using an acoustically transparent screen, which is the route Trinnov seems to be taking.

Even without setting up a DBA you have options to place them higher on the wall if the response is better there.

That they don’t plumb the ultra low frequency depths could be easily overcome with tactile transducers (Crowsons, Buttkickers).

Edit: maybe SVS should consider manufacturing tactile transducers as a complimentary product to their subs.

Sonnie

Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
StormAudio ISP Elite 24 MK3 Processor
Main Amp
McIntosh MC1.25KW Monoblock Amps
Additional Amp
StormAudio PA 16 MK3
Computer Audio
Intel NUC w/ Roon ROCK
Panasonic UB9000 4K UHD Player (for media discs)
Front Speakers
RTJ 410
Center Channel Speaker
MartinLogan Focus C-18
Front Wide Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT
Surround Speakers
JTR Neosis 210RT
Surround Back Speakers
JTR Neosis 210RT
Front Height Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT-SL
Rear Height Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT-SL
Subwoofers
JTR Captivator 2400 x6
Other Speakers or Equipment
VTI Amp Stands for the Monoblocks
Video Display Device
Sony 98X90L
Remote Control
Universal MX-890
Streaming Equipment
Kaleidescape | FireCube | Lenova X1 - Intel NUC for Roon
Streaming Subscriptions
Lifetime Roon Subscription
Tidal
qobuz
Netflix
Amazon Prime
Satellite System
Dish Joey 4K
Other Equipment
Zero Surge 8R15W-1 | Salamander Synergy Equipment Stand
Excellent review Travis. Good seeing Ed Mullen's mug again... been awhile.

So how big is your room?

I'd be curious how 8 of these would sound in a room like mine, but wiring them and needing 4 of the amps would be a bit much. Of course, floor space is an option I have with plenty to spare, so these wouldn't be something I would need. However, I can certainly see them coming in handy for certain rooms.

Travis Ballstadt

Administrator
Staff member
More  
Anthem AVM60
Main Amp
Emotiva BasX 5
Additional Amp
Emotiva UPA-500
Kaleidescape Strato C/Terra 48TB/Compact Terra 6TB
Front Speakers
Center Channel Speaker
Surround Speakers
Front Height Speakers
Rear Height Speakers
Subwoofers
SVS SB2000 x2
Video Display Device
JVC DLA X790R, Lumagen Radiance Pro 4240
Screen
SeymourAV Proscenium 124” diagonal 2.40:1
Remote Control
Unfolded Circle Remote 2, powered by HomeAssistant
Streaming Equipment
PLEX Server, AppleTV4K, Bluesound Node2i
Streaming Subscriptions
AppleTV+, Amazon Prime, HBO Max
Satellite System
They still have those?
Other Equipment
Rega Planar 6, Rega Exact2 cart, Rega Aria Mk3 Phono Stage, Jolida JD202BRC, Rega RS-5 Speakers (2-channel system)
Thanks Sonnie

My room is 21x10x8, and it’s not a sealed room. Like I mentioned in the review, floor space is also not an issue for me and I ended up swapping my single ported sub for a pair of sealed subs after living with this sealed sub for a few weeks.

I was impressed how well this took advantage of room gain. I think 8 would perform really well, though I wonder if 4 in single cabinet configs would do just as well, considering the decrease in power when running two cabs off a single amp.

Retrofitting the wiring is definitely not a simple task, but if it’s a possibility and floor space is a premium, these are impressive units.

Top Bottom