- Manufacturer & Model
- SVS 3000 In Wall Subwoofer System
- $1999 as tested, $2999 in dual-cabinet configuration
In-wall form factor means users can add a sub where it was previously impossible. Sealed cabinet tuned for punchy, hard-hitting bass. Very friendly price point for an in-wall subwoofer performing at this level.
The SVS 3000 In Wall Subwoofer System is a dual-9" sealed cabinet designed to mount in any standard 2x4 construction wall, making installation very flexible in order to find the best location for your room. Plenty of usable bass extension below the rated 29Hz and more than enough output for most applications. Configurable as a dual-cabinet system powered off a single rack-mount amp.
I love watching movies. I hate seeing gear. Subs are generally a sacrifice, since you have to have big subs for big bass, right?
For the past few weeks I've had the good fortune to be the first reviewer to get my hands on the new SVS 3000 In Wall Subwoofer System. Having a relatively flexible screen wall installation made it pretty simple for me to fully install it and give it a real-world review workout for an accurate assessment of its performance.
From the jump, it took me a little bit to stop mentally comparing it to my existing SVS PB-2000 in-room subwoofer. The two subs are completely different, and comparing them isn't fair to either model. But the longer I've had it installed in my room, the further removed I am from the memory of my PB-2000, the more enamored I am with this new invisible offering from SVS. It's changed how I feel about bass in my room.
So how has it been working out?
Check out my video review of the SVS 3000 In Wall Subwoofer System!
SVS 3000 In Wall Subwoofer System
- Dual 9-inch active high-excursion drivers
- Ultra-Rigid Aluminum and MDF cabinet
- Freq. Response: 22-250 Hz ±3 dB
- Paintable magnetically attached removeable grill
- Available in Single Subwoofer System or Dual Subwoofer System configurations
- 800-watt RMS, 2,500-watt peak Sledge STA-800D2C amplifier
- High-efficiency Class-D switching topology
- High-resolution 50MHz Analog Devices Audio DSP