SPL offset not working with 5.20?

Clayton Williamson

With version 5.20, I found that measurement action / SPL offset has no effect on the measurements from the "All SPL" window, even if "add offset to data" is hit. It works normally in the "SPL and phase" window, but that's difficult since I'm using the offset to normalize multiple measurements--it's way easier when you can see them together to make sure they line up correctly.

I was initially running JRE 1.8.0_202, and just updated to 1.8.0_291 with the same results. Thanks!

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Seems to be working normally for me. You are selecting the measurement you want to adjust in the Measurement actions window? Can you attach an example mdat file with measurements that have this problem?

Clayton Williamson

Here is a before and after to illustrate. I've selected #9 in the bottom, #9 is the active tab on the left, and #9 is selected in the measurement action window, but there is no difference with or without a 12dB (in this example) offset. This is true both using the arrow buttons and entering a number directly. If it is helpful, I will clean up the mdat file and attach it.

Clayton Williamson

A-ha! I didn't realize that the offset only applied to the dBSPL values--that makes sense considering the name is "SPL offset", I just assumed the offset applied to all units. Thanks so much for your help!

AlPlaunt

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Martantz AV7704, miniDSP 4x10HD
Main Amp
Bryston 9Bs
Additional Amp
NAD C270
Other Amp
Bryston HT875
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Xbox 1s
Front Speakers
Linkwitz Orion
Center Channel Speaker
Atlantic Technology
Surround Speakers
Monitor Audio CP-WT in-walls
Surround Back Speakers
Same
Front Height Speakers
Same
Rear Height Speakers
Same
Subwoofers
Linkwitz Thors
Other Speakers or Equipment
Lumin D2 network streamer
Video Display Device
JVC 4k projector
Screen
?
Remote Control
iPad
Streaming Subscriptions
Roon audio server on QNAP silent NAS
I got trapped here as well, destroying my data with adding a bunch of offsets, wondering why the trace data wasn't being updated. You should be able to apply offsets to dBFS. You can go above 0dBFS mathematically. Good UI practice is to either immediately show the user the result or to deny the operation with a reason.

I love the product and the support.
Alan

Top Bottom