SPL measurements via automation, possible?

Dave

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Yamaha RX-Z9
Front Speakers
Canton (model #?)
Center Channel Speaker
Canton (model #?)
Surround Speakers
Canton (model #?)
Subwoofers
Canton (model #?) x2
Video Display Device
none
Remote Control
none
Thank you very much for the setup and help guides for REW as they made getting up and running with a UMIK mic a straightforward operation.

After reading all of the help docs, I'm still wondering if it would it be possible to initiate SPL measurements via automation (script)? Specifically, I need to determine the noise floor of a room before starting some other noise making automation, so a SPL measurement requested via a command with a result returned I can log would be very helpful to me. Is this possible?

Thank you for any advice you can offer!

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Not currently, no. Automation/command line control is on the list of things to do, but a pretty broad topic and not planned for anytime soon, sorry.

Dave

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Yamaha RX-Z9
Front Speakers
Canton (model #?)
Center Channel Speaker
Canton (model #?)
Surround Speakers
Canton (model #?)
Subwoofers
Canton (model #?) x2
Video Display Device
none
Remote Control
none
Ok, thank you for the update John. I'll go explore to see if I can find some other options.

Gavin49

Registered
Hi John,

Would it be easier to add hot keys to the measurement start button, preference tabs, mic calibration file and input source selection?

I've been trying to use Autoit to automate measurements of a listening window with 5 calibrated mics. It has been difficult to make it work consistently with cursor positions and mouse clicks. Hot keys should allow consistent automation via Autoit.

I'm sure the extra hot keys would also be useful to many users not specifically interested in automation.

Fingers crossed!

Top Bottom