Main Amp
Elliott Studio Arts 66-025
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Rega Apollo
Front Speakers
Klipsch RF83
Video Display Device
Sharp Aquos 65"
Hi there. I work professionally in the AV trade for an integrator. My job involves testing and adjusting AV systems for sign-off from consulting engineers. One parameter they want to see is Speech Transmission Index, which is not offered by REW. (They're usually impressed by all the other features included in REW).

Is there a way to convert the raw FFT (or .mdat) data to derive an STI reading? If not, is the .mdat file compatible with other software platforms that do process the STI?

I would like to continue using REW for all my testing because of the flexibility and great looking graphics.

DanDan

Staff member
Most softwares will Export and Import measurements in the form of WAV. Studiosixdigital have an STI app. FuzzMeasure has Clarity and Definition graphs but I have never looked into them. They are probably based on standards though.

Newport_66

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Elliott Studio Arts 66-001p
Main Amp
Rega Apollo
Front Speakers
Klipsch RF83
Video Display Device
Sharp Aquos 65"
Thanks Dan,
So I can export the impulse response as a .wav file and import that into Studiosixdigital or Smaart Live and generate the STI from that? If that's the case then I think I'm set, just need to find someone who has a copy of the appropriate software.

DanDan

Staff member
I can't see why not, REW can certainly export WAVS, but best to check with the other apps regarding Import.

Newport_66

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Elliott Studio Arts 66-001p
Main Amp
Rega Apollo
Front Speakers
Klipsch RF83
Video Display Device
Sharp Aquos 65"
"STI is on my todo list for REW."

That would be awesome! I use your software for bench testing audio circuits. It works very well if the correct interfaces are used.

Top Bottom