Spectrogram zoom reverts every time settings are changed.

keantoken

I cannot compare spectrograms between two measurements because the spectrogram zoom reverts every time I change between measurements. It might be important that I have frequency on the axis and time on the X axis.

keantoken

I unchecked "match time scale to window and range" and now it doesn't change. Not really sure what the feature is for.

keantoken

The spectrogram doesn't update if the IR window is changed. I have to flip the spectrogram settings to get it to update.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
When you say "IR Window" do you mean the window type or window width setting in the spectrogram controls or the IR window settings for the response? The IR window settings for the response don't affect the spectrogram, it has its own window settings.

keantoken

I mean the FFT windowing of the impulse response. If I change the window to exclude low frequencies, and reload the spectrogram, the spectrogram low frequency cutoff will reflect the windowing change. I suppose that tricked me into thinking the IR window affected the spectrogram.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Ah. The spectrogram generation looks at the validStartFreq, which is affected by the overall measurement IR window width, rather than just the start frequency for the original measurement. I'll change that.

Top Bottom