- Nov 21, 2016
- Lincoln, NE, USA
My AV System
- Preamp, Processor or Receiver
- Onkyo TX-SR705 Receiver
- Main Amp
- Crown XLS 1502 DriveCore-2 (x2 as monoblock)
- Additional Amp
- Behringer A500 Reference Power Amplifier
- Front Speakers
- MartinLogan Electromotion ESL Electrostatic (x2)
- Center Channel Speaker
- Phantom Center
- Surround Speakers
- NSM Audio Model 5 2-Way (x2)
- JBL ES150P Powered Subwoofer (x2)
Assuming a multi-purpose space, used for home theater and for two-channel listening, what is the best strategy for front mains - Left and Right - speaker placement?
- Optimize for one type of use and be happy with whatever you get for the other? Ideal two-channel placement might put the L and R in a less-than-optimum position for cinema.
- Optimizing for cinema might be less than optimum for two-channel listening.
- Move the speakers back and forth depending on the use of the space?
- How perfectly does the positioning repeatability need to be if they are moved back and forth?