Run RTA for 6 hours? Duration limit?

whazzup

Registered
Hi, will like to know if I run RTA for an extended duration, like 6 to 10 hours, will I run into memory or harddisk space issues? Should I make any config changes in advance? Thanks!

Plipie Plip

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Linea Research
Main Amp
Linea Research 48M20
Additional Amp
Linea research 48M10
I have run it multiple times on festivals for 6 up to 14 hours from laptop (i7 4th gen, 16gb/ssd) connected to an usb audio interface (Focusrite Scarlett).
Don't know how large the files are but it worked without any problem and saving the files at the end was also no problem. To record spl db over the course of the day and keeping output within threshold requirements parameter. The setups where calibrated to the sound meter from the province environmental officers at 20m from mains at sound check or during start of festifal. Which mostly is 106 dB at 20m from main.

You can always test and record a long rta during a day. and see what it does for you Hope this helps.

whazzup

Registered
I have run it multiple times on festivals for 6 up to 14 hours from laptop (i7 4th gen, 16gb/ssd) connected to an usb audio interface (Focusrite Scarlett).
Don't know how large the files are but it worked without any problem and saving the files at the end was also no problem. To record spl db over the course of the day and keeping output within threshold requirements parameter. The setups where calibrated to the sound meter from the province environmental officers at 20m from mains at sound check or during start of festifal. Which mostly is 106 dB at 20m from main.

You can always test and record a long rta during a day. and see what it does for you Hope this helps.

Thanks! Sounds like I shouldn't worry about that then.

Top Bottom