RME UC, Totalmix, Jriver and REW

charbug

I posted this on the Jriver forum because I think the issue is with Jriver but Someone may know the answer here? I have given up on this.

I have spent days trying to figure this out. Now I am reaching out for help. First a little history. Fresh new computer build with windows 10. I have a RME UC using totalmix. I will be upgrading to the new UCX II when it is available. The overall system is for home use. Main speakers are 2 way Klipsch Jubilees, and I have a SUB. So I have 5 outputs from JRiver going to totalmix and from there we go to 3 amps which drive the horns, midranges, and sub. I am using audiolense to develop crossovers and to Digital room correct. So I am using the convolution engine in JRiver. I will be getting Mitch Barnette to do final corrections when I get used to hardware and understand everything. I have gotten JRiver to work and system sounded good with the convolution engine running an Audiolense file a friend helped me setup, but I wanted to run REW to see what things looked like. I an struggling to get REW to work with the JRiver Line in so I can look at what the DSP has performed.
I will try and put what info is needed so maybe someone can help me figure out what is going on and get REW working using totalmix loopback and JRiver Live in.
I am sending a signal from REW using ADAT 3/4 which is ASIO channels 13 and 14. I have set Offset at 12 and tried many different Offsets to see what happens.
Attached is the Pic of REW preferences. as you can see I have the Mic working and I have an output signal going to ADAT 3 using the REW speaker cal noise generator.
Also you can see on Totalmix it is seeing the signal from REW on ADAT 3/4 and I have set loopback to go back to ADAT 3/4 input which I am can not get JRiver to see on live in. I have also included some snipits from JRiver on what I have setup.
As you can see JRiver is trying to play Live in but nothing. Also JRiver has crashed so many times my View has changed and I no longer have my normal view with the JRiver Emblem up top and I can not get it back. Any ideas there?? I just have this plain jane view now and cant get the normal look back.
I am open to suggestions on how to get REW to play back through JRiver and totalmix.

Attachments

• windows 10 settings.PNG
    windows 10 settings.PNG
    88.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Live in trying to play.PNG
    Live in trying to play.PNG
    178.7 KB · Views: 21
  • ASIO line in setup im using.PNG
    ASIO line in setup im using.PNG
    12.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Jriver options.PNG
    Jriver options.PNG
    37.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Jriver output.PNG
    Jriver output.PNG
    52.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Totalmix signal from rew.PNG
    Totalmix signal from rew.PNG
    174.9 KB · Views: 27
  • matrix view.PNG
    matrix view.PNG
    31.1 KB · Views: 29
  • REW Preferences.PNG
    REW Preferences.PNG
    43.7 KB · Views: 29

sm52

In the last screenshot, you have not selected an input for the loopback 'Loopback input'. It is necessary. This is the first thing. And second, the software loopback may not work, then you need to use a physical wire from output to input for loopback.

charbug

I don think I have to select Looback on REW. The RME device is doing the loop back.

Top Bottom