Read the rest of this update entry...Changes in V5.20 beta 50:
- Windows code signing certificate was renewed 1st May, SmartScreen will issue warnings until reputation is built. Click More info on the SmartScreen warning to run the installer.
- Added a "Component model" button to the Impedance & phase graph controls to derive equivalent circuit values for measurements of inductors and capacitors
- On SPL & Phase/Impedance & Phase only show the right hand phase axis if a phase trace is selected
- When importing...
Read the rest of this update entry...Changes in V5.20 beta 51:
- Improved Component model fit for inductors by changing the model to LR2
- Added a button on the RTA to open a WAV file for processing, functionality is the same as dragging and dropping a file onto the RTA window
- Bug fix: Trace options panels were difficult to read with the dark colour scheme
Read the rest of this update entry...Changes in V5.20 beta 52:
- Bug fix: Measurement list expand/collapse button would cause a lockup
- Bug fix: EQ window divider collapse/restore buttons were missing
Thanks for the report, I have fixed that in beta 52.Not sure if this the place to enter issues, but I just upgraded to "REW Windows 64-bit installer V5.20 beta 51". If I click on the main window "Expand" box REW locks up every time and I have to end it in Task Manager.
Read the rest of this update entry...Changes in V5.20 beta 53:
- Changed capacitor component model fit to use data from 100 Hz to avoid issues with measurement errors at low frequencies
- Increased precision of impedance calibration file entries to improve results at very high impedances, but behaviour will depend on interface capability
- Plot component model response over the full frequency span rather than starting at the component fit start frequency
- Added a...
Read the rest of this update entry...Changes in V5.20 beta 54:
- Added calculation of metrics for a range selected by holding the shift key then pressing and dragging with the left mouse button, implemented for SPL & Phase graph and Filter Adjust graph.
- Show regression line and T60 value on the Filtered IR graph for a range selected by holding the shift key then pressing and dragging with the left mouse button
- Minimum signal level for the signal generator...
Those metrics are for the SPL response of the measurement, whether it is selected or not.Thank you for this upgrade. I noticed that the new graph metrics feature displays values in dB even when used on a phase graph; I would have expected degrees instead of dB's. The +3db to -3dB limit lines also remains when using the feature on the phase graph, not sure if they are relevant here. Is this the intended behaviour or a bug?
It behaves normally for me, including with the miniDSP or XMC-1 equalisers selected. Probably best attaching the measurement that is showing that behaviour.Hi John ..... seems like beta 54 EQ is only calculating one filter. I tried miniDSP and XMC-1 and no difference. Went back to beta 53 and works okay.
The start and end of the range are shown at the top of the selected region. The deviations relative to the trend line are also shown at the top of the selected region. It isn't really meaningful for that tool to show the min to max spread of a response that doesn't have a horizontal trend.Hi John,
I would like to make a small request that you please add the value of the peak to trough distance in the graph metrics. In the screenshot below, the minimum SPL value is 74.6 dB and the Max value is 77.8 dB which results in the difference of 3.2 dB which is the number I am interested in. I know this is possible by using Ctrl + mouse right button, but here the accuracy depends on finger precision. It would be great also if the start and end of the highlighted frequency range can both be visible (instead of clicking on either side of the range to see the values) while the metrics feature is active.
Read the rest of this update entry...Changes in V5.20 beta 56:
- Added support for the Dutch&Dutch 8c eq features, including support for measuring using sweep signals generated by the speakers. 8c firmware V1.4.50 or later is required. Select the 8c as the default equaliser in REW's preferences to activate all 8c features.
- Added support for the Elder Audio TimeZero2.6D/4.8D equalisers
- Add 2 to 3 seconds of 16-bit dither at the beginning of measurement sweep files to ensure playback devices lock to the...
Read the rest of this update entry...Changes in V5.20 beta 57:
- REW now saves a temporary copy of each measurement when it is made. On a normal shutdown those temporary copies are deleted, if REW did not shut down normally it will warn of the existence of the temporary files on the next startup and offer to load them.
- Added a "Fit to data" button on the graph limits dialog and a corresponding entry in the Graph menu with a Ctrl+Alt+F shortcut. Fit to data sets the graph axes to show the full span of the data. On...
I can also confirm that this exception also occurs simply by opening and closing the program without loading any measurement files.HI John,
Thanks for this update. However, I have picked up what seems to be an exception on the new version that occurs whenever I try to close the program. It occurs regardless of whether I close by clicking the X on the top right or via Exit on the File menu.
View attachment 33707
Here's the log;
REW V5.20 Beta 57 running JRE 1.8.0_241 64-bit on Windows 10, en, windows-1252 at 96 DPI
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: C:\Users\MusaN\REW\temp