REW Windows 64-bit installer

REW Beta Release REW Windows 64-bit installer V5.20 beta 53

You Must Login or Register to Download

Mr Kevin Hughes

OK, so WMIC's location is not on the path. I'll make a change to cope with that silently in the next beta. You can ignore it for the moment, or run the 32-bit build which doesn't make that check.
Thanks, good to know I can just ignore it, I'm planning on measuring a lot this weekend.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
John Mulcahy updated REW Windows 64-bit installer with a new update entry:

REW V5.20 beta 40 Windows 64-bit installer

Changes in V5.20 beta 24:

Thiele-Small Parameters

• The dual added mass method for Thiele-Small parameter estimation, developed by Claus Futtrup and Jeff Candy, has been implemented. This method provides a very accurate Bl estimate that is independent the driver impedance model and provides a "ZM*" model of the driver motional impedance around resonance, allowing accurate extraction of Mms.
  • The driver motional impedance model has been changed to accommodate...
Read the rest of this update entry...

John Mulcahy

REW Author

REW V5.20 beta 41 Windows 64-bit installer

Changes in V5.20 beta 41:
  • Added crossover filters to the DCX equaliser option (Butterworth 6, 12, 18, 24, 48 dB/oct, Bessel 12, 24 dB/oct, Linkwitz-Riley 12, 24, 48 dB/oct)
  • Added crossover filters to the Generic equaliser option (Bessel, Butterworth and Linkwitz-Riley up to 48 dB/oct)
  • Bug fix: The measurement trace was disabled on the EQ window filter adjust graph

SPo

Hi John,

[SOLVED]

as soon as i am opening the EQ Filter calculation after my measurements, i get a glitched view and that makes it unuseable on Win10 /nvidia gfx:

I already tried to disable 3D support of JAVA with "setx /m J2D_D3D "false"" - no change, even after reboot. Any ideas ?

SPo

UPDATE: i happens in stantard view after some mouse movement, too.
UPDATE 2: It seems you had a vision and i found the button in the actual .41 setup (just disable gfx accelartion in setup) to DISABLE gfx acceleration. THX - Great work!

Last edited:

Breeman

Hi John,

It seems like the Trace option within the Overlays screen does not support changing the line graph type for measurements instances above 20. My measurement of interest (measurement number 22), is drawn using dots and when I click the Reset to Default button on the Trace option screen, thinking that REW will redraw it in a solid line; the program throws an exception shown below;

REW V5.20 Beta 41 running JRE 1.8.0_192 64-bit on Windows 10, en, windows-1252

Stack Trace:
roomeqwizard.vC.Ő(y:1319)
roomeqwizard.vC$2.actionPerformed(y:3495)
javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Would it be perhaps feasible to enhance the Trace option template so that one is able to pick the measurement they intend changing its line style? A consideration to be able to also change the colour of the line graph; in a way similar to the Trace options template within the SPL & Phase screen, would be a plus I think.

Attachments

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I have allowed the overlay graph trace options panels to include all measurements up to the maximum number that can be loaded and fixed the exception on
Reset trace options. Adding colour is problematic. Overlay graphs use the measurement colour, changing the colour only on one graph would mean the measurement had a different colour on all the other graphs where it appeared. Allowing the trace options dialog to be another way to change the measurement colour would bring it into conflict with the default measurement colours and with the option to save trace colours with the measurement. It gets awkward very quickly, which is why there isn't an option to change colour on that dialog.

napilopez

Thanks for your work John. I'd also like to note a bug that when I reorder measurements from the left side stack in the SPL, it seems to break the dashed lines settings; I have to restart REW to get things to work again.

While I have you a couple of feature requests for you to consider down the road:

• Would it be possible to increase the maximum number of measurements to beyond 99? I mainly use REW for quasi-anechoic measurements and often come up against the limit when doing extensive directivity measurements, so I end up having to make several files for one speaker. For example, creating a 'spinorama' as defined in CTA-2034A requires 70 measurements on its own.
  • An ability to toggle 1 dB increment lines in the graphs would help a lot when reading high resolution measurements. You the Y-axis may be labeled in 5 degrees, but on the graph you'd see faint lines every 1dB.
  • Would it be possible to save and export just 'selected' measurements instead of just individual ones or the whole shebang? When working with dozens of measurements it can be s bit of a pain if you only want to export a portion of them.
I really appreciate many of the recent updates to REW. The dashed lines help a lot with data presentation, especially in cluttered graphs! Recent example that was unintelligible without them.

Cheers!

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Thanks for your work John. I'd also like to note a bug that when I reorder measurements from the left side stack in the SPL, it seems to break the dashed lines settings; I have to restart REW to get things to work again.
I have fixed that for the next beta.

Would it be possible to increase the maximum number of measurements to beyond 99? I mainly use REW for quasi-anechoic measurements and often come up against the limit when doing extensive directivity measurements, so I end up having to make several files for one speaker. For example, creating a 'spinorama' as defined in CTA-2034A requires 70 measurements on its own.
I have increased the limit to 199

An ability to toggle 1 dB increment lines in the graphs would help a lot when reading high resolution measurements. You the Y-axis may be labeled in 5 degrees, but on the graph you'd see faint lines every 1dB.
I don't understand that, maybe an image would help explain.

Would it be possible to save and export just 'selected' measurements instead of just individual ones or the whole shebang? When working with dozens of measurements it can be s bit of a pain if you only want to export a portion of them.
I have a todo item to look at better ways of managing measurements, I'll add that to the list.

napilopez

I have fixed that for the next beta.

I have increased the limit to 199

I don't understand that, maybe an image would help explain.

I have a todo item to look at better ways of managing measurements, I'll add that to the list.
Thank you as always! This is what I meant by 1dB increment lines, basically additional grid lines to make it to easier to read exactly SPL values:

Even if the Y axis is labelled in 5 or 10dB, the additional grid lines make it easier to read exact SPL values after exporting a capture of the graph.

sid.raghunandan

Hello John,

I use the Measurement Sweep Generator so I can play the Stimulus through my DUT, collect the sweep on another microphone asynchronously, and upload it back through the Import Sine Sweep feature with REW 5.19. I operate primarily in the Wideband range of up to 8kHz. It's a little quirky on 5.19 but workable. I noticed in a lot of 5.20 beta builds that this functionality is broken.

I can't seem to choose any sampling rate other than 48k.

Even if I do choose 48k, if i put in a higher frequency limit of 8k, the output is up to 16k.

Attached are screenshots of the settings and file output.

Please let me know if this is the wrong place for bug reports.

Thanks!

Attachments

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I use the Measurement Sweep Generator so I can play the Stimulus through my DUT, collect the sweep on another microphone asynchronously, and upload it back through the Import Sine Sweep feature with REW 5.19. I operate primarily in the Wideband range of up to 8kHz. It's a little quirky on 5.19 but workable. I noticed in a lot of 5.20 beta builds that this functionality is broken.

I can't seem to choose any sampling rate other than 48k.
I have fixed the sample rate selector and added 8 kHz to the rates list for the next beta.

John Mulcahy

REW Author

REW V5.20 beta 42 Windows 64-bit installer

Changes in V5.20 beta 42:

Impedance measurement

Impedance measurement has received some attention in this release. The impedance measurement process uses the difference between a reference channel and the measurement channel to calculate the impedance. If there are differences between the frequency responses of the channels, as there typically will be at low frequencies for AC-coupled inputs due to component tolerances, those will affect the result. The impedance of test leads...

mlloyd1

My AV System  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
several diy preamps
Main Amp
diy - modified borbely servo 50
Additional Amp
diy - modified lang class a
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
sony cdp779ES, onkyo c-7070
Front Speakers
kef 104/2
Other Equipment
tck611s cassette deck, dac magic d/a, monster line
never mind my previous message. i found i had an old version still installed that chose to break after the last beta install. removed that and tings work great again.
:)
mlloyd1

Last edited:

finch

My AV System  
Main Amp
Numark M1 two usb with dual IO
Video Display Device
Intel HD4000, XFX Double D R9 280X
Other Equipment
Renoise 3.2.1
Dude you are so awesome, Thankyou! I've been wanting to use Dechamps FlexASIO for quite some time but I have so many audio drivers for different devices that the PortAudioDevices log gives me chills.

John Mulcahy

REW Author

REW V5.20 beta 44 Windows 64-bit installer

Changes in V5.20 beta 44:

Impedance measurement

• The impedance calibration steps have been numbered to make clear they should be done in sequence (thanks go to Bernard for the suggestion). Repeating a step will also clear the calibration status for subsequent steps, as they should be redone to correctly calibrate the setup. Note that the reference resistor calibration can be repeated at any time without affecting the open or short circuit calibrations.
  • Impedance cal file...

John Mulcahy

REW Author

REW V5.20 beta 46 Windows 64-bit installer

Changes in V5.20 beta 46:

• Added a plot of Equivalent Peak Dissipation Resistance (EPDR) on the Impedance & Phase graph
  • Improved impedance measurement reliability for very low impedances when the noise filter is being used
  • Improved rejection of DC offsets in measurement data
  • Recognise "UMM_6" as well as "UMM-6" as being the UMM-6 mic
  • Added Alt+T as a shortcut to start/stop the RTA from the RTA window
  • When the RTA window is shown move focus to the on/off button so the...

napilopez

Hey John, the last update or two seems to have somewhat broken trace arithmetic for me. I seem to have intermittent issues with doing trace arithmetic on curves, where the processing will stop at 75 percent and then the 'generate' button gets greyed out indefinitely.

I can't exactly pinpoint what causes the problem, but it happens consistently when I try to perform calculations on curves from non-rew sources. Curiously, the problem goes away if I export those same curves curve via REW and then import them back in. The error also seems to occur when I try to perform further trace arithmetic on a curve that was already generated via trace arithmetic.

Edit: While I'm on the topic of imports, would it be possible to select multiple text files for import? I often have to import several .txt files at once so it's a bit difficult to have press CTRL+I for each one =]

Thank you!

Last edited:

Breeman

Hi John,

Thank you for wonderful work you are doing with REW, it is really appreciated.

I thought I would ask if it is not too much trouble that you consider adding the ''Show magnitude graph'' option in the Spectrogram control panel, in much the same way you have implemented it in the Impulse Tab. I think it would be nice to see the correlation between the energy decay spectrogram against the magnitude response.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Hey John, the last update or two seems to have somewhat broken trace arithmetic for me. I seem to have intermittent issues with doing trace arithmetic on curves, where the processing will stop at 75 percent and then the 'generate' button gets greyed out indefinitely.
Please zip and attach the REW log files folder, the location is shown in the About REW dialog. Please also say which trace arithmetic operation you were using and attach examples of files that showed the problem.

Top Bottom