REW Windows 64-bit installer

REW Beta Release REW Windows 64-bit installer V5.20 beta 39

You Must Login or Register to Download

CraigAudio

beta 33 is not finishing the download of the Java Runtime Environment. It's hung for 10 minutes now. I'll try a prior version.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I just installed the new 64-bit version after a long use of 5.19 beta 8.
I'm missing ASIO options in the Preferences menu which allowed me to measure 7 speakers separately.
Am I missing something?
You need to select ASIO under "Drivers" rather than Java.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
FYI, I received the attached error message when installing the latest beta. I skipped the file and finished the installation.
View attachment 28256
Not sure what Data Protector is, or why would it be "protecting" a file created by the REW installer in the REW folder, or why it would consider a signed installer to be suspicious, but trying to provoke baseless fear in users seems to be part of the business model for that kind of application.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
No ASIO drivers then. If you were previously using a 32 bit REW build try uninstalling the 64 bit build and using the 32 bit.

jtalden

My AV System  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Marantz AV7705 Pre/Pro
Main Amp
Rotel RMB-1066 6 chnl P-amp x 2
Additional Amp
Behringer DCX2496 x 2
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
OPPO BDP-103 Universal Player
Front Speakers
DIY SEAS H1456/H1212 Spkr x 5
Subwoofers
DIY JBL 2235H 15" SW x 2
Video Display Device
JVC DLA-X790R
Screen
Da-Lite Da-Snap 39105V - 92"
John,
I think there is a possible bug updating the trace in the group delay panel.
1. Open the attached file and view the GD panel. The chart is marked as 1/48 smoothing, but if smoothing is changed to another value and then changed back to 1/48 the trace is different. I believe when it is first viewed the trace is actually with no smoothing rather than 1/48.

2. This also impacts changes using the FDW settings in a strange way. Try changing to various smoothing and FDW settings then removing the FDW. The trace is sometimes updated correctly and sometimes not. Again, doing this with 1/48 smoothing setting seems to cause the most trouble. I can explain this part better if needed, but it is probably just a consequence of #1.

Attachments

thexder

No ASIO drivers then. If you were previously using a 32 bit REW build try uninstalling the 64 bit build and using the 32 bit.
Yes, I was using 32-bit version before. Actually, It's still installed so I can use both.
Installing new 32-bit version will probably override my current one?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Yes, I was using 32-bit version before. Actually, It's still installed so I can use both.
Installing new 32-bit version will probably override my current one?
Yes, it will, unless you install it to a different folder. All installations share the same preference settings, however.

Which ASIO drivers do you have installed?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
John,
I think there is a possible bug updating the trace in the group delay panel.
Thanks John, it was related to having "Allow 96 PPO log spacing" selected. I have fixed it for the next beta, in the meantime if you deselect "Allow 96 PPO log spacing" the trace should behave correctly.

thexder

Yes, it will, unless you install it to a different folder. All installations share the same preference settings, however.

Which ASIO drivers do you have installed?
Yes, I have noticed preferences are the same.
I'm using FlexAsio 0.1

AustinJerry

Not sure what Data Protector is, or why would it be "protecting" a file created by the REW installer in the REW folder, or why it would consider a signed installer to be suspicious, but trying to provoke baseless fear in users seems to be part of the business model for that kind of application.
i am just the messenger here, sharing what my anti-virus program reported. I use Norton A/V, which is a fairly popular application here in the US. Just thought you might like to have the information, in case others report the same message.

skoldtimer

John - In Preferences>Soundcard when trying to check levels REW crashes out when Next is selected. Using subwoofer to check level and have pink periodic noise selected. Works ok when beta 32 is reinstalled. Windows 10 64-bit.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
John - In Preferences>Soundcard when trying to check levels REW crashes out when Next is selected. Using subwoofer to check level and have pink periodic noise selected. Works ok when beta 32 is reinstalled. Windows 10 64-bit.
It behaves normally for me. Is an error message shown, if so what does it say? Are there any error messages in the log files? Worth also posting a screenshot of your REW soundcard preferences to show how it is configured.

skoldtimer

This error message came up when trying to check levels.

REW V5.20 Beta 33 running JRE 1.8.0_241 64-bit on Windows 10, en, windows-1252

java.lang.IllegalStateException: This channel is not active: Output Channel 0: Audio Output 2.1 1, Int32L, group 0, inactive
Stack Trace:
This channel is not active: Output Channel 0: Audio Output 2.1 1, Int32L, group 0, inactive
com.synthbot.jasiohost.AsioChannel.write(Unknown Source)
roomeqwizard.CI.A(y:1270)
roomeqwizard.YC.E(y:3555)
roomeqwizard.E.£(y:959)
roomeqwizard.vD$5.run(y:2129)
java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

A screenshot of Preferences is attached.

Attachments

John Mulcahy

REW Author
This error message came up when trying to check levels.

REW V5.20 Beta 33 running JRE 1.8.0_241 64-bit on Windows 10, en, windows-1252

java.lang.IllegalStateException: This channel is not active: Output Channel 0: Audio Output 2.1 1, Int32L, group 0, inactive
Still no luck reproducing that, even with the same ASIO4All setup. Does it work OK if you use random pink noise instead of periodic noise? I'll try making some changes to the order of signal generator and audio capture setup for the next beta to see if that helps.

skoldtimer

John - I can't be sure but I'm thinking the problem is related to ASIO4ALL not being released (??) when I quit out of Dirac for Emotiva then move to REW. A reboot before REW seems to prevent the crash. A bit of a pain to be necessary. Dirac for Emotiva is a bit old (windows 7/8) so perhaps it doesn't play well with this new win10 laptop. Is this a possiblity? Thanks for looking into this.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Would be odd for the application to hang on to the interface after you quit it, but not impossible I guess.

skoldtimer

Strange things dept. Win 10 updated last evening since then everything is working fine. Better in fact as REW now recognizes UMIK-1 input and HDMI outputs at startup ( no need to keep reloading ASIO4All) and switching between windows is faster.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
John Mulcahy updated REW Windows 64-bit installer with a new update entry:

REW V5.20 beta 34 Windows 64-bit installer

Changes in V5.20 beta 34:
  • Added a jitter test signal to the signal generator in the Tones group
  • Added a right click menu for the waterfall and spectrogram controls to copy and paste settings between measurements
  • Added check boxes on the waterfall and spectrogram controls to enable or disable the automatic regeneration of the plot when settings change
  • Moved the ISO 3382 parameters on the RT60 graph data panel into a separate window
  • Added an Analysis preference (selected...
Read the rest of this update entry...

John Mulcahy

REW Author
John Mulcahy updated REW Windows 64-bit installer with a new update entry:

REW V5.20 beta 35 Windows 64-bit installer

Changes in V5.20 beta 35:

The room simulator and the alignment tool have been updated for this release.

Room simulator

It has been quite a while since the room simulator was updated, so there are a basket of changes.

roomsimulator.jpg

A set of 5 presets has been added, which are remembered for subsequent startups. A comment can be entered that is saved with the presets. There is also a button to capture the current Main mic response and...
Read the rest of this update entry...

Jackox

Have a java problem with Beta 35 (both 32 and 64 bit versions)

REW V5.20 Beta 35 running JRE 1.8.0_241 32-bit on Windows 10, fr, windows-1252

Stack Trace:
roomeqwizard.S.B(y:224)
roomeqwizard.E.A(y:1133)
roomeqwizard.E.E(y:1517)
roomeqwizard.E.A(y:2022)
roomeqwizard.iG$15.actionPerformed(y:589)
javax.swing.JComboBox.fireActionEvent(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.JComboBox.setSelectedItem(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.JComboBox.setSelectedIndex(Unknown Source)
roomeqwizard.E.Õ(y:289)
roomeqwizard.iG$13.actionPerformed(y:2560)
javax.swing.JComboBox.fireActionEvent(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.JComboBox.setSelectedItem(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.JComboBox.setSelectedIndex(Unknown Source)
roomeqwizard.E.A(y:331)
roomeqwizard.E.C(y:3307)
roomeqwizard.E$3.actionPerformed(y:651)
javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Unknown Source)
java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Ethan Winer

I noticed a problem with previous versions that still exists in Beta 35: Load any file with at least two measurements. Switch the view tab to Distortion. The displayed distortion is way too high! Then when you switch to a different measurement the distortion displayed is correct and stays correct thereafter.

Top Bottom