REW Windows 64-bit installer

REW Beta Release REW Windows 64-bit installer V5.20 beta 26

You Must Login or Register to Download

John Mulcahy

REW Author
An alternative to sending sweeps directly to JRiver is to use the file playback option.

justbob

ASIO generally only supports a single device, so it looks like the JRiver Media Center device has no inputs. There are applications that create ASIO wrappers around multiple devices to circumvent that limitation, such as ASIO4All and FlexASIO.
Thanks for the info. I believe I've read elsewhere that JRiver is supposed to have some kind of Lookback driver but in my version (23) I don't see that feature. I'll have to look into why that might be and if I would still need to install ASIO4ALL driver in addition to the ASIO driver that Lynx Studios supplies with the Hilo.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
John Mulcahy updated REW Windows 64-bit installer with a new update entry:

REW V5.20 beta 17 Windows 64-bit installer

Changes in V5.20 beta 17:
  • Added Alt+C as a shortcut for the graph capture button
  • Added a warning that Default input cannot be used for SPL calibration
  • Added a message on the Cal Files preferences to select an input device and input if they have not been selected
  • Bug fix: Manual SPL calibration was not working properly in beta 16
  • Bug fix: RTA distortion panel did not show results if the signal generator had not been displayed
Read the rest of this update entry...

JStewart

Supporter
Hello,

I was attempting to try and route REW sweeps thru JRiver for the purposes of confirming the correction applied from my Convolution FIR files but it appears that the "INPUT" channels are Greyed out within REW when choosing JRiver as the Output.

Is this the expected behavior? If so, I'm not sure how I can tell REW which Input my MIC is connected to if by chance that Input is something other than Channel 1-2.

If I change the ASIO Deice to my Lynx Hilo ASIO the Input Channel becomes active again.

Thoughts?

Thanks

View attachment 23609
I’m not too savvy with this stuff or your needs but you can route to JRiver with java drivers. Windows driver must enabled in JRiver options. JRiver then appears as an audio device.

John Mulcahy

REW Author

REW V5.20 beta 18 Windows 64-bit installer

Changes in V5.20 beta 18:
  • Don't show zero volume warnings if Suppress Soundcard Errors is selected
  • Bug fix: Scope math traces could be clipped
  • Bug fix: Stop windows selected from the menu being pushed behind the main window
  • Bug fix: Changing graph while loading measurements could cause the legend to show the wrong trace names
  • Bug fix: Devices with no input channels could appear in the mic cal files list
  • Bug fix: Cal files were not being restored on next startup if...

John Mulcahy

REW Author

REW V5.20 beta 19 Windows 64-bit installer

Changes in V5.20 beta 19:
  • Added miniDSP EARS as a recognised USB mic, EARS gain is extracted from the device name - if the gain is changed disconnect and reconnect EARS and restart REW so the new gain is picked up
  • Allow tone generator harmonic distortion levels down to -150 dB
  • When an input or output device is selected automatically select the first input or output rather than selecting default
  • When prompting for USB mic cal data show a mic calibration files dialog rather...

John Mulcahy

REW Author

REW V5.20 beta 20 Windows 64-bit installer

V5.20 beta 20 changes:
  • Added support for 768 kHz on ASIO. Tested for replay (ADI-2 DAC) but not for capture.
  • When calculating target level for a Full range target use the measurement data from 200 Hz to 2000 Hz rather than from the LF cutoff to 2000 Hz
  • Added support for a sensitivity figure in analog mic cal files. Format is: Sensitivity -12.3 dBFS where the dBFS value is the input level REW sees when the mic sees 94 dB SPL. Note that it will only be valid for the input gain...

stickybeak

My AV System  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Onkyo TX-NR676
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Oppo UDP-205
Front Speakers
Golden Ear Technology Triton Five
Center Channel Speaker
Golden Ear Technology SuperCenter X
Surround Speakers
Golden Ear Technology SuperSat 3
Surround Back Speakers
Golden Ear Technology
Rear Height Speakers
B&W CCM382
Subwoofers
Golden Ear Technology SuperSub X
Video Display Device
DeVant 55"
Hi John,

The "Add offset data" under All SPL Action for an individual measurement is not adjusting in the RTA window.

eturk

Can interface font size be fixed for hi-dpi monitors?
I've got a 4K monitor, Windows 10, and the fonts are pretty small :)
Yes, I do know I can use "change high DPI settings" in properties but that's a hack & the menu fonts are still too small & blurry.

Attachments

John Mulcahy

REW Author

Breeman

Thanks John for the update.

I noticed when capturing the the graph with audio frequency bands enabled, they get mangled up in the captured image. It would be nice if the shading can be controlled by whether one has chosen to capture in monochrome or not. In monochrome case, perhaps the shading could be just white.

Breeman

Thanks John for the update.

I noticed when capturing the the graph with audio frequency bands enabled, they get mangled up in the captured image. It would be nice if the shading can be controlled by whether one has chosen to capture in monochrome or not. In monochrome case, perhaps the shading could be just white.
View attachment 24431
I just imagined that perhaps there could be a scenario where one wants the graph itself copied in monochrome but the audio bands shaded in color like the screenshot in the preceeding message. In that case and in the context of the previous post, maybe the shading of the audio bands can be made an independent feature in the "View" tab of the Preferences option.

Thank you so much for a wonderful application.

Breeman

I just imagined that perhaps there could be a scenario where one wants the graph itself copied in monochrome but the audio bands shaded in color like the screenshot in the preceeding message. In that case and in the context of the previous post, maybe the shading of the audio bands can be made an independent feature in the "View" tab of the Preferences option.

Thank you so much for a wonderful application.
I can confirm that the audio bands get copied properly when using default resolution of 1538; the image is obviusly big and it somewhat looks different when compared to an image copied with a resolution of 600; I use this resolution almost aways, which kind of adjusts the vertical scale to make for a more visually appealing image in terms of scale, size and composition.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I have removed the fill when the monochrome option is selected. The labels can't easily be shortened, but I can prevent them overwriting each other.

stickybeak

My AV System  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Onkyo TX-NR676
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Oppo UDP-205
Front Speakers
Golden Ear Technology Triton Five
Center Channel Speaker
Golden Ear Technology SuperCenter X
Surround Speakers
Golden Ear Technology SuperSat 3
Surround Back Speakers
Golden Ear Technology
Rear Height Speakers
B&W CCM382
Subwoofers
Golden Ear Technology SuperSub X
Video Display Device
DeVant 55"

CAAudiophile

Staff member
Hi John,
So far I am up to REW V5.20, B19 very happy with the improvement great job ..
Question(1): When using the sampling rate over 44.1 K say 88 or 192KHZ didn't notice any difference in the frequency response curve. Is it supposed to show different curve (more detailed) or is it due to the soundcard ability to handle higher sampling rate?

Question (2) about how to calculate the Excess phase in this version B19, it is calculated by the dividing the Frequency response curve by the Minim Phase. Is this the right way?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
To use higher sample rates the card needs to be set to run at the desired rate in the Windows sound properties as well as in REW, otherwise the OS will resample.

If you use the Generate Minimum Phase button REW will calculate the excess phase and excess group delay, excess phase is the difference between measured and minimum phase.

CAAudiophile

Staff member
Thank you John.
I have updated REW to Ver 5.20 Beta 22
As for the Excess Phase, if the measured FR was divided by the Minimum phase using the divide function the Excess Phase curve will be identical to that of the generated by the button Excess Phase
Here are the detailed steps:

1- Take frequency response of a driver
2- From the Main window select the "ALL SPL" tab for that FR
3- Click on the Control icon (the control window will display)
4- Press on the Minimum Phase version button (Mini Phase graph is generated)
5- Press on the Excess Phase (Excess Phase is Generated)
6- From the Trace Arithmetic select Graph A = the FR and Graph B = the Minim Phase of the same driver
7- From the Arithmetic function window select A/B and click on Generate ( The Graph A/B is generated)
8- Select "Overlays" Tab
9- Select "STEP" tab
10- Compare the graph A/B with the Excess Phase graph that was generated in pervious step

Result:
They are identical
I just wanted to be sure that the method of calculation is of that.
My assumption was the Excess Phase = FR graph - Minimum Phase

Again thanks John for the great work and all the improvement of the REW.

S.

Breeman

HI John,

I noticed that if one room mode analysis enabled in EQ and I copy the graph in monochrome, the room mode bars still display in color. Not an issue, just thought I should mention it.

Breeman

John if it is not too much work. Could you consider introducing a graph capture function also in the Room Simulation section of the software?
It would come in handy in copying the frequency response and room distribution graphs

John Mulcahy

REW Author
John if it is not too much work. Could you consider introducing a graph capture function also in the Room Simulation section of the software?
It would come in handy in copying the frequency response and room distribution graphs
That's on the todo list.

Top Bottom