REW Windows 64-bit installer

REW Beta Release REW Windows 64-bit installer V5.20.3

You Must Login or Register to Download

John Mulcahy

REW Author
2. New problem. The graph is sometimes not displayed. (screen 0001)
Your measurement goes up to around 30 dB by the look of it but the bottom the the graph range is 45 dB, so either use the scroll bar to move down and make the measurement visible, or use the Limits button at the top right of the graph to set a range that includes the range of the graph, or use the Ctrl+Alt+F shortcut to have REW fit the graph to the data.

alikdio

Registered
Yes, this is my video. I speak a little English and I don't understand, what do you mean by that?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The #4 measurement was made from the RTA in spectrum mode. That means it does not have an impulse response, it only has magnitude data. A waterfall cannot be generated without an impulse response.

Note that RTA measurements are best made using the Pink PN test signal and with the RTA in an RTA mode (e.g. 1/48 octave) rather than in Spectrum mode. In RTA mode there is an "Adjust RTA levels" option in the Appearance settings that will shift the graph upwards to be closer to the levels that would be obtained with a sweep measurement at the same signal level.

dgrippin

Registered
In Room Sim, capture image dialogue box: Comments longer than 7 lines causes the text box to expand. this pushes the save/copy/cancel buttons down out of the window. Window can not be resized to view buttons. only solution is to reduce number of lines in the comment box.
Problem also appears in the "preview comment" box, if the number of lines are >1, or the text size is large enough.

rew bug.png
rew bug 2.png

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
In Room Sim, capture image dialogue box: Comments longer than 7 lines causes the text box to expand. this pushes the save/copy/cancel buttons down out of the window. Window can not be resized to view buttons. only solution is to reduce number of lines in the comment box.
Problem also appears in the "preview comment" box, if the number of lines are >1, or the text size is large enough.
Thanks, fixed for the next build.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
John Mulcahy updated REW Windows 64-bit installer with a new update entry:

REW V5.20.1 Windows 64-bit installer

This is the official release of V5.20, the version number is 5.20.1 to distinguish it from the release candidates. It will only be available here for the next week or so, then I will also add it to the REW website and enable the version detection to report it as available on REW startup. It has taken a tad longer than I expected to release 5.20 (more than 2 years longer!) but on the plus side it does have a lot of new features. :)

There are a few changes from V5.20 RC15:

• There is...
Read the rest of this update entry...

John Mulcahy

REW Author

REW V5.20.2 Windows 64-bit installer

V5.20.2: A small update to add some checks to detect invalid impedance calibration results and fix a cosmetic bug on the Measure dialog.

• Check for mono input data in impedance measurements
  • Check scale of measurement input vs ref input in impedance short circuit calibration to detect invalid results
  • Bug fix: Rinput and Rleads labels and controls could appear on the Measure dialog when measuring SPL

GavriLOW

Registered
Hi
I have a problem with the fact that when I turn on "two outputs", they are reset when I restart the program and because of this I need to go into the settings, there was no such problem before
Sorry, my written English is bad, I'm using a translating software

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I have a problem with the fact that when I turn on "two outputs", they are reset when I restart the program and because of this I need to go into the settings, there was no such problem before
Hi GavriLOW, the secondary output selection was always reset on startup, but I can make a change to remember and restore it for the next release. In the meantime you can also enable the 2nd output on the Generator or the Measure dialog.

GavriLOW

Registered
Hi GavriLOW, the secondary output selection was always reset on startup, but I can make a change to remember and restore it for the next release. In the meantime you can also enable the 2nd output on the Generator or the Measure dialog.
Yes, please do something to remember
And for some reason the inscription in the watermark window also disappears

Attachments

GavriLOW

Registered
And will RTA graph smoothing be available in the future?

John Mulcahy

REW Author

REW V5.20.3 Windows 64-bit installer

Changes in V5.20.3:
  • Remember and restore the state of the ASIO secondary output selection
  • Allow smoothing to be applied to RTA data (previously could only be applied to Spectrum data)
  • Added a Resistance trace to the Impedance & Phase graph to show the real part of the impedance
  • Bug fix: If multi-input capture was selected soundcard calibration would stop on the Measure dialog
  • Bug fix: The watermark text field in the View settings was blank after restart
  • Bug...

John Mulcahy

REW Author
To have multiple graphs in one image you'll have to combine the images yourself. The range of the harmonics depends on the measurement span. The nth harmonic has to stop at the end frequency/n since there is no information to produce it after that, so 2nd harmonic ends at half the span, 3rd harmonic ends at one-third of the span etc.

aquascop

Registered
Hi,
Record of Measurement Sweep looks strange in the latest version : 15 to 25kHz, 256k, Right with Ref on Left : Recorded file length is above 7s (3s before), time ref is doubled ( before AND after the sweep)
If pulse is directly played with REW, no trouble. it is the recorded version which is wrong.
Laurent

John Mulcahy

REW Author
When timing ref is selected the sweep file includes timing signals before and after the measurement sweep so that the Analysis option to Adjust clock with acoustic ref can be used if desired. If that option isn't being used the extra timing signal is ignored.

sm52

In the latest version, the minimum phase is not smoothed when the main graph is smoothed. But, if you smooth the main graph and then generate the minimum phase, it is smoothed.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
In the latest version, the minimum phase is not smoothed when the main graph is smoothed. But, if you smooth the main graph and then generate the minimum phase, it is smoothed.
Yes, that's intentional. In versions before the min phase dialog was added the minimum phase response was generated by creating a minimum phase version of the existing impulse response and smoothing it afterwards. That's not really correct though, since the minimum phase response (including the min phase IR) should correspond to the magnitude response it was derived from including any smoothing that magnitude response had. Using a smoothed measurement to make the minimum phase response should give a different result since the magnitude response used to generate it is different, that result will not be the same as simply smoothing the minimum phase response derived from an unsmoothed or less smoothed measurement - the impulse response would be quite different, though the resulting magnitude and phase would be very similar, often indistinguishable. If none of the options to add tails or replicate data are selected on the min phase dialog the minimum phase response is generated based on the existing impulse response and smoothed afterwards, since that corresponds to the previous behaviour. If any of the tail or replicate data options are selected the minimum phase response is generated from the magnitude response with any smoothing that has been selected and applying the tail or data replication options, which is the more correct approach and will produce an impulse response that does reflect any smoothing used when it was generated, even if in practice there may be little or no difference in the min phase magnitude and phase. Most responses benefit from applying a low frequency tail, since the underlying LF response is generally obscured by the noise floor.

sm52

Thanks for the explanation. That is, when smoothing the frequency response of 1/48, one minimum phase characteristic is obtained, and when smoothing the frequency response of 1/24, another? (Little).

Top Bottom