REW Windows 64-bit installer

REW Beta Release REW Windows 64-bit installer V5.20.3

You Must Login or Register to Download

John Mulcahy

REW Author
John Mulcahy updated REW Windows 64-bit installer with a new update entry:

REW V5.20 RC13 Windows 64-bit installer

Changes in V5.20 RC13:

Windows and Linux installers now include a bundled JRE (Azul Zulu Java 8 without Java FX) which will be installed for REW's private use if the system does not already have a suitable Java 8 runtime

• Added an action in the EQ window filter tasks pane to create a new measurement from the current filters
  • Software equalisers (currently the Generic, TMREQ and AU N-Band EQ options) now run at the sample rate of the measurement they are applied to rather...
Read the rest of this update entry...

JESA

Registered
My AV System  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Main Amp
Additional Amp
Other Amp
Computer Audio
DAC
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Front Speakers
Center Channel Speaker
Front Wide Speakers
Surround Speakers
Surround Back Speakers
Front Height Speakers
Rear Height Speakers
Subwoofers
Other Speakers or Equipment
Video Display Device
Screen
Remote Control
Streaming Equipment
Streaming Subscriptions
Satellite System
Other Equipment
Hello John
Who can i download the newest 5.20 beta or is this version not available ?

Last edited:

JESA

Registered
My AV System  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Main Amp
Additional Amp
Other Amp
Computer Audio
DAC
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Front Speakers
Center Channel Speaker
Front Wide Speakers
Surround Speakers
Surround Back Speakers
Front Height Speakers
Rear Height Speakers
Subwoofers
Other Speakers or Equipment
Video Display Device
Screen
Remote Control
Streaming Equipment
Streaming Subscriptions
Satellite System
Other Equipment

John Mulcahy

REW Author

thothsong

FWIW, the last few RCs, Norton 360's Data Protector is preventing this file manipulation:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
FWIW, the last few RCs, Norton 360's Data Protector is preventing this file manipulation:
It is difficult to fathom why creating a start menu entry for a program should be objected to, but the providers of so-called protection software don't seem to do much that makes sense. :)

sam_adams

Try right-clicking on the installer and from the pop-up menu select, "Run as administrator". You shouldn't have to do this, but it is Windows.

sam_adams

It really shouldn't be a big deal and won't stop you from using REW. You can always open the roomeqwizard.exe directory and right-click on the item and select Pin to Start or Pin to taskbar from the pop-up menu.

thothsong

It really shouldn't be a big deal and won't stop you from using REW. You can always open the roomeqwizard.exe directory and right-click on the item and select Pin to Start or Pin to taskbar from the pop-up menu.
Agreed, which is why I prefaced my original post with FWIW. At the point where the dialog pops up, I can tell Norton to exempt the process, and the retry then succeeds.

sm52

John Mulcahy,
"Generating minimum phase may now include the effects of any calibration files in the magnitude response used to produce the minimum phase."
The microphone calibration file and sound card calibration file now taken into account when calculating and drawing the minimum phase? The measured phase does not include these files?

"When removing delay from soundcard calibration measurements round to the nearest sample, sub-sample delay estimates on soundcard responses tend to be slightly in error due to the reconstruction and antialias filters."
Will the sound card calibration file be generated differently now? Is it need to recalibrate the sound card?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
"Generating minimum phase may now include the effects of any calibration files in the magnitude response used to produce the minimum phase."
The microphone calibration file and sound card calibration file now taken into account when calculating and drawing the minimum phase? The measured phase does not include these files?
Measured SPL and phase always include any calibration files specified. The measured impulse response does not.

"When removing delay from soundcard calibration measurements round to the nearest sample, sub-sample delay estimates on soundcard responses tend to be slightly in error due to the reconstruction and antialias filters."
Will the sound card calibration file be generated differently now? Is it need to recalibrate the sound card?
It may be slightly different at high frequencies.

flamingbeatz

Registered
Hi John,

I've got a quetion. In version 5.19 I was used to the 'Plot normalised to fundamental' option in the distortion tab. In version 5.20 I am not seeing it anymore. Is this option still available somewhere?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I've got a quetion. In version 5.19 I was used to the 'Plot normalised to fundamental' option in the distortion tab. In version 5.20 I am not seeing it anymore. Is this option still available somewhere?
It happens automatically if you select % or dBr as the Y axis units for the graph.

flamingbeatz

Registered
In that case I don't think the distortion figures selection is working right for me. The fundamental does not flip to 0dB if I select dBr or to 100% when I select percent.

Attachments

John Mulcahy

REW Author

alikdio

Registered
1. It's impossible. (screen 000)
2. New problem. The graph is sometimes not displayed. (screen 0001)

Attachments

Top Bottom