REW Windows 64-bit installer

REW Beta Release REW Windows 64-bit installer V5.20 RC11

You Must Login or Register to Download

ULM-Ralf

Registered
Hallo Tom, hallo John,
I have the same problem like Tom. I use the newest Java, WIN 10 64bit fresh installed. After a few minutes of using Java crashes down. On my notebook with win7 32Bit the same problem.
What can i do?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Best start by zipping and attaching the log files folders from both machines, which is usually C:\Users\<your username>\REW.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Those individual logs don't have all the info, that's why I request the whole folder be zipped - it makes things easier.

The log from the 64-bit Win10 PC shows the same problem Tom had. It has an Intel Celeron processor, as Tom's does, so that may be a factor. I suggest you try the 32-bit REW build on that machine.

The Win7 PC has a different problem. REW is not able to access the microphone. That might be because the default sample rate set for it in the Windows audio properties is different from the rate REW is set to, or the microphone is locked by another application.

ULM-Ralf

Registered
Thank you Jon. I try the 32 Bit version and give you a feedback.
Greetings from Ralf

ULM-Ralf

Registered
Hello John,
Good news! The problem is gone, the 32 Bit Version works! Thank you for your work and your support.
Greetings from Ralf

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Good to hear! I'll add a check in REW so that it automatically advises using the 32-bit build with the particular processor versions that seem to show this problem.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
John Mulcahy updated REW Windows 64-bit installer with a new update entry:

REW V5.20 RC10 Windows 64-bit installer

Changes in V5.20 RC10:

This build adds an option on the Measure dialog to make a series of SPL measurements by seting the total number required in the Measurements count. A typical use would be when measuring polar responses. The Measure dialog delay is applied before each measurement, to provide time to adjust the speaker turntable, and there is an option to pause the sequence. Measurement names are updated for each measurement according to the Measure dialog settings, for polar...
Read the rest of this update entry...

John Mulcahy

REW Author
John Mulcahy updated REW Windows 64-bit installer with a new update entry:

REW V5.20 RC11 Windows 64-bit installer

Changes in V5.20 RC11:
  • Limit the impedance graph Q overlay value to 999 and DF value to 200 %
  • Bug fix: Impedance cal file values were written with insufficient precision (unintended side effect of change to allow unit selection for exports)
  • Bug fix: Impedance reference cal measurement was limited to 2 Hz even if the axis limit was lower
  • Bug fix: Trying to open mdat files directly from web pages with Firefox could fail with a file not found message
Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom