REW Windows 64-bit installer

REW Beta Release REW Windows 64-bit installer V5.20 RC2

You Must Login or Register to Download

Breeman

Hi John,

Would you please consider adding an option to graph group delay within the SPL & Phase tab? Currently, one can graph measured, minimum and excess phase over and above the magnitude response. However, I think it would be useful to see group delay on this tab since group delay is tightly coupled to phase response. It will also allow one to graph the excess group delay together with the magnitude response which is useful when accessing regions of non-minimum phase within the "room" response. These could just be tick boxes on the graph legend for Min Group Delay and Excess Group Delay as you have them in the GD tab. An alternative could be to enable graphing of the magnitude response within the GD tab. Thanks.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
John Mulcahy updated REW Windows 64-bit installer with a new update entry:

REW V5.20 beta 59 Windows 64-bit installer

Changes in V5.20 beta 59:
  • For stepped level measurements the SPL & Phase graph now shows a plot of the input level versus generator level and a linearity plot (previously it was blank)
  • If no IPV4 addresses are obtained for an 8c use any IPV6 address it returns
  • When importing measurement files if the data is very sparse (10 points or fewer) use linear interpolation on a log frequency axis, like a house curve import
  • Added an extra check for file imports to reduce...
Read the rest of this update entry...

John Mulcahy

REW Author

REW V5.20 beta 60 Windows 64-bit installer

V5.20 beta 60 updates:
  • Added octave and one-third octave filtered options for the pink and white random and periodic noise signals with filter type selection of BU2 to BU8 and, for PN, Brickwall
  • Added a filter type selection for the custom filtered pink PN and white PN, with BU2 to BU8 and Brickwall options
  • Show a scroll bar in the graph capture comment box for long comments
  • Bug fix: Dutch & Dutch 8c speakers might not be found on macOS
  • Bug fix: Filters sent from REW to...

John Mulcahy

REW Author

REW V5.20 beta 61 Windows 64-bit installer

Changes in V5.20 beta 61:
  • Extended the range of centre frequencies for the octave and one-third octave noise signals to go down to 16 Hz and up to 16 kHz (octave) and 20 kHz (one-third octave)
  • Added Noise floor to the list of parameters that can be shown on the Distortion Overlay graph
  • Added a View preference to show the measurement level on the measurement thumbnails, for new measurements that will use the units selected on the signal generator
  • When a toolbar window is...

Jutzi

Registered
I could not get "Export filter impulse response as WAV" working. Saving seemed to work but resulting WAV did not contain any meaningful response. Could somebody confirm that it is still working/not working in Beta 61.

Jutzi

Registered
Ok. Obviously I just do something wrong. I followed the process here:
What else is needed other than just export?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Nothing really, I just did File -> Export filters impulse response as WAV then File -> Import impulse response to check the result. I usually export as 32-bit float.

Jutzi

Registered
Ok. I got the same. However, when I imported the .wav into Reaper ReaVerb, it does not do anything to the signal. Also, the .wav looks empty in Audacity.

Shouldn't this impulse response be directly compatible with ReaVerb and other convolutions reverbs?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
You would need to use a dB scale to see much in Audacity, and even then you will only see things near the start of the file since Audacity usually cuts off the waveform below -60 dB. I haven't used convolution reverbs so can't comment on what they expect, but using the filter IR WAV is fairly common amongst REW users.

Jutzi

Registered
Everything is working perfectly now, thank you. Only testing and tuning was needed.

Leif Boehme

Registered
Hello!

Is there a more detailed explaination how and why the response smoothing was changed? With the same smoothing beta 61 looks much different when compared with the latest alpha.

Thanks for implementing an eq target curve with 48 dB crossover for bass limited speaker. It looks like it has a Butterworth characteristic. Would it be possible to change this to Linkwitz Riley or provide an option for this? I I think most people aim for this bass management characterstic when measuring in room with bass management filtering applied (pre amp etc.).

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Is there a more detailed explaination how and why the response smoothing was changed? With the same smoothing beta 61 looks much different when compared with the latest alpha.
Smoothing was not tending towards a power average at larger octave fractions, which it should, so an adjustment was made to correct that.

Thanks for implementing an eq target curve with 48 dB crossover for bass limited speaker. It looks like it has a Butterworth characteristic. Would it be possible to change this to Linkwitz Riley or provide an option for this? I I think most people aim for this bass management characterstic when measuring in room with bass management filtering applied (pre amp etc.).
I can add that to the feature request list.

Leif Boehme

Registered
Thank you for this feedback! There is one more thing I would like to ask you.

When I measure surround system I use an HDMI connection between my Laptop and my pre amp.
I do not know how I could measure the delay difference between channels without a loop back connection, which is not possible with HDMI.
Is it somehow possible to start the impuls response when the digital signal is played out through the laptop (t=0)?
I know that this impuls would include other delays like DA, time of flight etc.
But then I would see for example, that the left digital active speaker (AD-DA) has a delay of for example 7 ms, whereas the analog subwoofer has a delay of 5 ms. With this information I would delay the subwoofer by 2 ms.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The OS does not maintain synchronisation between devices so some form of timing reference is necessary. You could use one of the preamp output channels to provide the timing reference if your input device supports more than one input - for example, if you are using an analog mic feeding an interface with at least 2 channels. If you are using a USB mic you need to use REW's acoustic timing reference.

dshark

Registered
Hello! I`m getting this message with all input devices. None of input devices work. At the same time on the same machine REW v5.19 is able to capture input devices.

System is Windows 10.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Are any other apps running that are accessing the interface? If "Allow applications to take exclusive control" is selected on the Advanced tab of the Windows audio properties for the interface another app may have claimed it.

dshark

Registered
Are any other apps running that are accessing the interface? If "Allow applications to take exclusive control" is selected on the Advanced tab of the Windows audio properties for the interface another app may have claimed it.
No other apps are accessing mic at that time. And for v5.19 release REW there are no problems. :)

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Please post a screenshot of your REW soundcard preferences and attach the file produced by "Generate debug file" on the soundcard preferences. Please state which audio interface you are using. Do not select Default device, Primary soundcard driver or Primary soundcard capture driver in the REW soundcard preferences.

John Mulcahy

REW Author

REW V5.20 pre release Windows 64-bit installer

This is the pre-release of V5.20, changes compared to the last beta are:
  • Enabled the Pro upgrades menu (note that the miniDSP UMIK-X multichannel mic array includes a pro upgrade license)
  • Append "SPL Logger" to window title for SPL Logger to distinguish it from SPL meter title
  • Bug fix: DCX equaliser setting had 6th order BU and LR filters, they should be 8th order
  • Bug fix: If the...

Operator

Registered
Running beta version and i want to go stable.
Should i uninstall beta first and then install stable?

Does the preference settings stay intact or i need to go through again?
Is there a way to backup the preferences of rew?

Top Bottom