REW Windows 64-bit installer

REW Beta Release REW Windows 64-bit installer V5.20 beta 15

No permission to download

John Mulcahy

REW Author
John Mulcahy updated REW Windows 64-bit installer with a new update entry:

REW V5.20 beta 11 Windows 64-bit installer

Changes in V5.20 beta 11:
  • Added 192 kHz to the list of Java sample rates for all platforms and made changes to improve behaviour at 192k
  • Restore the previous generator signal selection after checking levels, doing a soundcard calibration or making a stepped sine measurement
  • Increased the measurement name field width on wider screens
  • Include the zoom box on graph captures
  • Changed the Predicted response on the Filter Adjust graph to use the windowed rather than the full...
Read the rest of this update entry...

John Mulcahy

REW Author

REW V5.20 beta 12 Windows 64-bit installer

Changes in V5.20 beta 12:
  • Replaced the RTA "DR" figure by A-weighted noise plus distortion in the current Y axis units
  • Added a basic scope data export capability
  • Bug fix: Predicted response was not updated correctly when loading a measurement with filters
  • Bug fix: Measurement sweep could be shorter than intended for some combinations of start frequency, end frequency and total length
  • Bug fix: RTA file processing would not give a result for files the same length as the...

Sam Vafaei

I think import sweep recordings is broken since Beta 11. It doesn't ask me to pick between L/R channels of the stimulus anymore, and the recorded FRs look different than what I was getting in Beta 10.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I think import sweep recordings is broken since Beta 11. It doesn't ask me to pick between L/R channels of the stimulus anymore, and the recorded FRs look different than what I was getting in Beta 10.
It no longer needs to ask for a channel to be chosen for the stimulus file, it checks both for the information it needs. It should still ask which channel of a captured sweep should be processed. Make sure the sweep file being used is from the current version, there have been some small changes to the sweep generation through the V5.20 beta releases which can affect the lowest and highest frequencies if a recording from an earlier sweep version is used. I have added a version check for the next build to prevent an earlier file being used.

John Mulcahy

REW Author

REW V5.20 beta 13 Windows 64-bit installer

V5.20 beta 13 changes:
  • Updated sweep file version number and added check that files loaded are the current version before using them
  • Changed input and output scaling controls to use "FS sine" instead of "0 dBFS" so the figure is independent of the "Full scale sine rms is 0 dBFS" setting
  • Generator voltage level display now uses V, mV, uV or nV according to the value. Values change in steps of 0.1 dB when using the arrow buttons.
  • Added an option to capture the graph image in...

John Mulcahy

REW Author

REW V5.20 beta 14 Windows 64-bit installer

Changes in V5.20 beta 14:
  • Added Analysis options to automatically correct any difference between the input and output clock rates when using an acoustic timing reference or when using a loopback as a reference
  • Soundcard calibration measurements check for and correct input/output clock rate mismatch
  • Added manual clock adjustment in the Impulse graph controls
  • Added a headroom figure on the filters panel showing the impact of any overall gain in the filter set
  • Use longer...

jtalden

My AV System  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Marantz AV7705 Pre/Pro
Main Amp
Rotel RMB-1066 6 chnl P-amp x 2
Additional Amp
Behringer DCX2496 x 2
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
OPPO BDP-103 Universal Player
Front Speakers
DIY SEAS H1456/H1212 Spkr x 5
Subwoofers
DIY JBL 2235H 15" SW x 2
Video Display Device
JVC DLA-X790R
Screen
Da-Lite Da-Snap 39105V - 92"
FYI Beta 15:
I just decided to use the relatively newer feature 'measure from file' on my REW notebook for the first time running beta 15.
It indicated the new sweep file that I just created using beta 15 was not the current version needed.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Are you certain you chose the sweep file REW had just generated? If so, please attach it.

jtalden

My AV System  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Marantz AV7705 Pre/Pro
Main Amp
Rotel RMB-1066 6 chnl P-amp x 2
Additional Amp
Behringer DCX2496 x 2
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
OPPO BDP-103 Universal Player
Front Speakers
DIY SEAS H1456/H1212 Spkr x 5
Subwoofers
DIY JBL 2235H 15" SW x 2
Video Display Device
JVC DLA-X790R
Screen
Da-Lite Da-Snap 39105V - 92"
Sorry! Today that same file is loading and the measurement worked properly.

Breeman

Hi John,

I updated to V5.20 beta 15 and I am trying to shift an impulse peak by a certain number of samples however it does not look like it's moved to where I am expecting it to in relative time. In the example on the screenshot; I was trying to shift this impulse from it original position by 634 samples which should equate to 13.208ms but it was shifted by 14.376ms instead. Are my calculations wrong?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
What's the sample rate of the measurement? For that delay it should be 44.1 kHz.

Breeman

Thanks John, that was the issue. The sample rate of the impulse is 44.1 kHz. How can I get REW to calculate the delay correctly for this sample rate? Changing it to 44.1 kHz in Preferences does not seem to work.

Breeman

Hi John,

I would e great if you could consider adding an option to keep the Preference screen on top too. On my computer when the main program is maximized to full screen, it disappears as soon as I move the cursor away from it. Clicking on its icon in the taskbar does not really work as it disappears again. The only way I get it to work is by minimizing the main program which is not ideal at times.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The sample rate of the impulse is 44.1 kHz. How can I get REW to calculate the delay correctly for this sample rate? Changing it to 44.1 kHz in Preferences does not seem to work.
That is the correct delay for 44.1 kHz. 634/44100 = 14.376 ms. The delay is based on the sample rate of the impulse response whose zero time you are changing.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I would e great if you could consider adding an option to keep the Preference screen on top too. On my computer when the main program is maximized to full screen, it disappears as soon as I move the cursor away from it. Clicking on its icon in the taskbar does not really work as it disappears again. The only way I get it to work is by minimizing the main program which is not ideal at times.
Having Preferences always on top could be a bit problematic due to its size and some parts of it needing to launch other windows. Ctrl+shift+e also opens the Preferences window if REW has focus, or brings it to the front if it is already open.

The behaviour sounds odd though, have you enabled focus follows mouse to cause that? That can be turned off by unticking this Control Panel option: Control Panel > Ease of Access Centre > Change how your mouse works > Make It easier to manage Windows > Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse. Note that the option is not accessible via Settings. It can also be turned on by an option in nVidia's nView program, I believe.

Breeman

Having Preferences always on top could be a bit problematic due to its size and some parts of it needing to launch other windows. Ctrl+shift+e also opens the Preferences window if REW has focus, or brings it to the front if it is already open.

The behaviour sounds odd though, have you enabled focus follows mouse to cause that? That can be turned off by unticking this Control Panel option: Control Panel > Ease of Access Centre > Change how your mouse works > Make It easier to manage Windows > Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse. Note that the option is not accessible via Settings. It can also be turned on by an option in nVidia's nView program, I believe.
That was it:jump:Something had changed my Windows settings for the mouse. Thank you so much John.

Breeman

Hi John,

Just a small request. Could you please consider adding the displacement of an impulse in samples, in the graph control menu of the impulse tab? Currently when one utilizes the "Estimate IR delay" button, the Cumulative IR shift is shown in time and distance however not in samples. I am only asking because REW already has the option to offset an impulse in all three options.

Top Bottom