- Apr 3, 2017
Read the rest of this update entry...Changes in V5.20 beta 44:
- The impedance calibration steps have been numbered to make clear they should be done in sequence (thanks go to Bernard for the suggestion). Repeating a step will also clear the calibration status for subsequent steps, as they should be redone to correctly calibrate the setup. Note that the reference resistor calibration can be repeated at any time without affecting the open or short circuit calibrations.
- Impedance cal file...
Read the rest of this update entry...Changes in V5.20 beta 46:
- Added a plot of Equivalent Peak Dissipation Resistance (EPDR) on the Impedance & Phase graph
- Improved impedance measurement reliability for very low impedances when the noise filter is being used
- Improved rejection of DC offsets in measurement data
- Recognise "UMM_6" as well as "UMM-6" as being the UMM-6 mic
- Added Alt+T as a shortcut to start/stop the RTA from the RTA window
- When the RTA window is shown move focus to the on/off button so the...
Read the rest of this update entry...Changes in V5.20 beta 47:
- Frequency (.txt, .frd, .csv) and impedance (.zma) response files can be dragged and dropped onto the main REW window for import
- Added a "Show slice at cursor" option to the spectrogram controls to plot the level at the cursor Y position below the spectrogram
- Trace arithmetic operations on measurements without an impulse response could produce an exception
- Incorrect frequencies in data exported at 48 PPO...
Read the rest of this update entry...Changes in V5.20 beta 48:
- Full range pink periodic noise now has flat spectrum below 10 Hz, like the pink random noise. To cut off at 10 Hz use the Custom option.
- Added more phase steps to allow -180..180 with a 50 dB SPL range
- Refinements to EQ target match, including faster matching
- Bug fix: The predicted response was not valid and showed -240 dB if the filter set contained a low pass filter
- Bug fix: An exception could occur when plotting the impulse envelope
Read the rest of this update entry...Changes in V5.20 beta 49:
- Added support for sample rates from 352.8 kHz to 1536 kHz to the Linux build
- Added 2M and 4M FFT lengths for the RTA (mainly relevant when using very high sample rates)
- Further refinements to EQ target match, with better handling of boost filters
- When a stepped level measurement is selected do not adjust the X axis span
- Added setup info to header lines when distortion data is exported as text
- Bug fix: Index out of bounds could occur after...
Read the rest of this update entry...Changes in V5.20 beta 50:
- Windows code signing certificate was renewed 1st May, SmartScreen will issue warnings until reputation is built. Click More info on the SmartScreen warning to run the installer.
- Added a "Component model" button to the Impedance & phase graph controls to derive equivalent circuit values for measurements of inductors and capacitors
- On SPL & Phase/Impedance & Phase only show the right hand phase axis if a phase trace is selected
- When importing...
Read the rest of this update entry...Changes in V5.20 beta 51:
- Improved Component model fit for inductors by changing the model to LR2
- Added a button on the RTA to open a WAV file for processing, functionality is the same as dragging and dropping a file onto the RTA window
- Bug fix: Trace options panels were difficult to read with the dark colour scheme
Read the rest of this update entry...Changes in V5.20 beta 52:
- Bug fix: Measurement list expand/collapse button would cause a lockup
- Bug fix: EQ window divider collapse/restore buttons were missing
Read the rest of this update entry...Changes in V5.20 beta 53:
- Changed capacitor component model fit to use data from 100 Hz to avoid issues with measurement errors at low frequencies
- Increased precision of impedance calibration file entries to improve results at very high impedances, but behaviour will depend on interface capability
- Plot component model response over the full frequency span rather than starting at the component fit start frequency
- Added a...