- Apr 3, 2017
Read the rest of this update entry...Changes in V5.20 beta 44:
- The impedance calibration steps have been numbered to make clear they should be done in sequence (thanks go to Bernard for the suggestion). Repeating a step will also clear the calibration status for subsequent steps, as they should be redone to correctly calibrate the setup. Note that the reference resistor calibration can be repeated at any time without affecting the open or short circuit calibrations.
- Impedance cal file...
Read the rest of this update entry...Changes in V5.20 beta 46:
- Added a plot of Equivalent Peak Dissipation Resistance (EPDR) on the Impedance & Phase graph
- Improved impedance measurement reliability for very low impedances when the noise filter is being used
- Improved rejection of DC offsets in measurement data
- Recognise "UMM_6" as well as "UMM-6" as being the UMM-6 mic
- Added Alt+T as a shortcut to start/stop the RTA from the RTA window
- When the RTA window is shown move focus to the on/off button so the...
Read the rest of this update entry...Changes in V5.20 beta 47:
- Frequency (.txt, .frd, .csv) and impedance (.zma) response files can be dragged and dropped onto the main REW window for import
- Added a "Show slice at cursor" option to the spectrogram controls to plot the level at the cursor Y position below the spectrogram
- Trace arithmetic operations on measurements without an impulse response could produce an exception
- Incorrect frequencies in data exported at 48 PPO...
Read the rest of this update entry...Changes in V5.20 beta 48:
- Full range pink periodic noise now has flat spectrum below 10 Hz, like the pink random noise. To cut off at 10 Hz use the Custom option.
- Added more phase steps to allow -180..180 with a 50 dB SPL range
- Refinements to EQ target match, including faster matching
- Bug fix: The predicted response was not valid and showed -240 dB if the filter set contained a low pass filter
- Bug fix: An exception could occur when plotting the impulse envelope
Read the rest of this update entry...Changes in V5.20 beta 49:
- Added support for sample rates from 352.8 kHz to 1536 kHz to the Linux build
- Added 2M and 4M FFT lengths for the RTA (mainly relevant when using very high sample rates)
- Further refinements to EQ target match, with better handling of boost filters
- When a stepped level measurement is selected do not adjust the X axis span
- Added setup info to header lines when distortion data is exported as text
- Bug fix: Index out of bounds could occur after...
Read the rest of this update entry...Changes in V5.20 beta 50:
- Windows code signing certificate was renewed 1st May, SmartScreen will issue warnings until reputation is built. Click More info on the SmartScreen warning to run the installer.
- Added a "Component model" button to the Impedance & phase graph controls to derive equivalent circuit values for measurements of inductors and capacitors
- On SPL & Phase/Impedance & Phase only show the right hand phase axis if a phase trace is selected
- When importing...
Read the rest of this update entry...Changes in V5.20 beta 51:
- Improved Component model fit for inductors by changing the model to LR2
- Added a button on the RTA to open a WAV file for processing, functionality is the same as dragging and dropping a file onto the RTA window
- Bug fix: Trace options panels were difficult to read with the dark colour scheme
Read the rest of this update entry...Changes in V5.20 beta 52:
- Bug fix: Measurement list expand/collapse button would cause a lockup
- Bug fix: EQ window divider collapse/restore buttons were missing
Read the rest of this update entry...Changes in V5.20 beta 53:
- Changed capacitor component model fit to use data from 100 Hz to avoid issues with measurement errors at low frequencies
- Increased precision of impedance calibration file entries to improve results at very high impedances, but behaviour will depend on interface capability
- Plot component model response over the full frequency span rather than starting at the component fit start frequency
- Added a...
Read the rest of this update entry...Changes in V5.20 beta 54:
- Added calculation of metrics for a range selected by holding the shift key then pressing and dragging with the left mouse button, implemented for SPL & Phase graph and Filter Adjust graph.
- Show regression line and T60 value on the Filtered IR graph for a range selected by holding the shift key then pressing and dragging with the left mouse button
- Minimum signal level for the signal generator...
Read the rest of this update entry...Changes in V5.20 beta 56:
- Added support for the Dutch&Dutch 8c eq features, including support for measuring using sweep signals generated by the speakers. 8c firmware V1.4.50 or later is required. Select the 8c as the default equaliser in REW's preferences to activate all 8c features.
- Added support for the Elder Audio TimeZero2.6D/4.8D equalisers
- Add 2 to 3 seconds of 16-bit dither at the beginning of measurement sweep files to ensure playback devices lock to the...
Read the rest of this update entry...Changes in V5.20 beta 57:
- REW now saves a temporary copy of each measurement when it is made. On a normal shutdown those temporary copies are deleted, if REW did not shut down normally it will warn of the existence of the temporary files on the next startup and offer to load them.
- Added a "Fit to data" button on the graph limits dialog and a corresponding entry in the Graph menu with a Ctrl+Alt+F shortcut. Fit to data sets the graph axes to show the full span of the data. On...
Read the rest of this update entry...Changes in V5.20 beta 59:
- For stepped level measurements the SPL & Phase graph now shows a plot of the input level versus generator level and a linearity plot (previously it was blank)
- If no IPV4 addresses are obtained for an 8c use any IPV6 address it returns
- When importing measurement files if the data is very sparse (10 points or fewer) use linear interpolation on a log frequency axis, like a house curve import
- Added an extra check for file imports to reduce...
Read the rest of this update entry...V5.20 beta 60 updates:
- Added octave and one-third octave filtered options for the pink and white random and periodic noise signals with filter type selection of BU2 to BU8 and, for PN, Brickwall
- Added a filter type selection for the custom filtered pink PN and white PN, with BU2 to BU8 and Brickwall options
- Show a scroll bar in the graph capture comment box for long comments
- Bug fix: Dutch & Dutch 8c speakers might not be found on macOS
- Bug fix: Filters sent from REW to...
Read the rest of this update entry...Changes in V5.20 beta 61:
- Extended the range of centre frequencies for the octave and one-third octave noise signals to go down to 16 Hz and up to 16 kHz (octave) and 20 kHz (one-third octave)
- Added Noise floor to the list of parameters that can be shown on the Distortion Overlay graph
- Added a View preference to show the measurement level on the measurement thumbnails, for new measurements that will use the units selected on the signal generator
- When a toolbar window is...
Read the rest of this update entry...This is the pre-release of V5.20, changes compared to the last beta are:
- Enabled the Pro upgrades menu (note that the miniDSP UMIK-X multichannel mic array includes a pro upgrade license)
- Append "SPL Logger" to window title for SPL Logger to distinguish it from SPL meter title
- Bug fix: DCX equaliser setting had 6th order BU and LR filters, they should be 8th order
- Bug fix: If the...