REW user interface settings

peter08

Registered
Started experimenting with REW (excellent application behaving like relatively 'mature' software) and have a quick, simple question about user interface options.

Can I set the Measure and RTA panels to NOT stay in the foreground (in front of everything else) during a run?

Just to explain - I'm trying to look at the contents of a real-time VST plugin window during a slow sweep (and also during RTA), but the VST window keeps being hidden behind the REW panels that grab the foreground.

Thanks
(Windows o/s)

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The Measure dialog is modal so can't push that one back, but the RTA is a regular window, it doesn't try to stay on top of anything. For other tools like the signal generator and SPL meter there are View preferences to configure whether they are always-on-top or not.

jtalden

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Marantz AV7705 Pre/Pro
Main Amp
VTV 6 chnl NC252MP P-amp x 2
Additional Amp
Behringer DCX2496 x 2
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
OPPO BDP-103 Universal Player
Front Speakers
DIY SEAS H1456/H1212 Spkr x 5
Subwoofers
DIY JBL 2235H 15" SW x 2
Video Display Device
JVC DLA-X790R
Screen
Da-Lite Da-Snap 39105V - 92"
Peter,
Windows user?
I regularly use 'Always on Top" (for AutoHotkey) to force the REW overlay window to stay on top of the REW main window so I can easily adjust the impulse offset and see the impact on the relative phase with other measurements at the same time. I have no idea if this utility will work in your very different situation, but you may want to find out. Here is the first address that pops up into my browser regarding this utility when I search for it. There a many other positive reviews. There may also be similar utilities for other OS systems if you are not a windows user.

peter08

Registered
Thanks for clarifying John.
Also thanks Jtalden for your suggestion. Yes I've seen there's a number of keep-on-top utilities avail for Windows, and also the option of connecting a second pc monitor to create more screen space so the Measure modal doesn't block out other stuff.
But I needed to check first here if there's not an easy REW setting to fix my problem.
Always trying to avoid adding yet another app/utility to the inexorably growing list of installed apps crowding my supposed to be "clean" audio laptop ....

Top Bottom