REW Pro upgrade questions

Steviewunda

Hi - is the Pro upgrade, as well as being aimed at multi-mic measuring, also intended for use with a single UMIK-1 to measure HT surround systems?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
No. On macOS and Linux all channels of connected interfaces are available to select directly. On Windows the Java runtime only offers stereo pairs, to access the individual channels of an HDMI connection (for example) use the ASIO driver option with FlexASIO or ASIO4All.

Steviewunda

Thanks John - so there would be no benefit in using a single UMIK-1 with the Pro upgrade and the ASIO4All ASIO driver to measure my 5.1 surround system? Sorry to belabour the point, but I'm not talking about using Java.

Clayton Williamson

No. On macOS and Linux all channels of connected interfaces are available to select directly. On Windows the Java runtime only offers stereo pairs, to access the individual channels of an HDMI connection (for example) use the ASIO driver option with FlexASIO or ASIO4All.
Does that mean it is possible to send the stimulus over HDMI to individual channels, like left surround? If so, that's very cool. I didn't realize that was possible

Top Bottom