REW Noob question - Windows & Linux

ForgeusAudio

Registered
Hi,
I'm in the process of researching a HTPC replacement to a Pre/Pro and am looking at REW to do room EQ. My current HTPC setup uses Librelec (Linux, Kodi variant) and this has been very successful. Replacing the Pre/Pro however necessitates being able to do room eq in the HTPC. I'd like to keep using Librelec if possible but could move to Jriver if I have to.
I see that REW runs on both Windows and Linux. I was wondering - Can I do my measurements under Windows and then copy the settings over to the Linux HTPC and have the HTPC then do the audio adjustments? Would I need a full install on the HTPC or can I just install the basic "driver" (or whatever it is called)?

My main theater room is dual use, theater and living room. It isn't ideal with large windows that have heavy drapes. I'd like to have settings for curtains closed theater (5.2), curtains closed (stereo), and curtains open (stereo). Would I be able to select which settings to use via a command line command?

TIA

EarlK

For Review ( in case there's a misunderstanding ):

REW is not a resident "virtual" EQ that one can send an unfiltered signal through ( and then add corrective EQ to that signal ) on its' way out to an amplifier ( >> speaker system ).

( Instead )

REW is a measurement system that can also create EQ filters from its ( user ) acquired data >> with those filters then being able to be hosted by other software programs ( or actual pieces of hardware ).

A lot of times the "suggested" EQ ( by REW's EQ module ) will need to be manually entered into your EQ of choice ( be it real or virtual ).

:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom