REW macOS DMG (includes private Java 8 JRE)

REW Beta Release REW macOS DMG (includes private Java 8 JRE) V5.20 beta 59

You Must Login or Register to Download

John Mulcahy

REW Author
John Mulcahy updated REW macOS DMG (includes private Java 8 JRE) with a new update entry:

REW V5.20 beta 56 macOS DMG

Changes in V5.20 beta 56:
  • Added support for the Dutch&Dutch 8c eq features, including support for measuring using sweep signals generated by the speakers. 8c firmware V1.4.50 or later is required. Select the 8c as the default equaliser in REW's preferences to activate all 8c features.
  • Added support for the Elder Audio TimeZero2.6D/4.8D equalisers
  • Add 2 to 3 seconds of 16-bit dither at the beginning of measurement sweep files to ensure playback devices lock to the...
Read the rest of this update entry...

John Mulcahy

REW Author
John Mulcahy updated REW macOS DMG (includes private Java 8 JRE) with a new update entry:

REW V5.20 beta 57 macOS DMG

Changes in V5.20 beta 57:

• REW now saves a temporary copy of each measurement when it is made. On a normal shutdown those temporary copies are deleted, if REW did not shut down normally it will warn of the existence of the temporary files on the next startup and offer to load them.
  • Added a "Fit to data" button on the graph limits dialog and a corresponding entry in the Graph menu with a Ctrl+Alt+F shortcut. Fit to data sets the graph axes to show the full span of the data. On...

John Mulcahy

REW Author

REW V5.20 beta 59 macOS DMG

Changes in V5.20 beta 59:
  • For stepped level measurements the SPL & Phase graph now shows a plot of the input level versus generator level and a linearity plot (previously it was blank)
  • If no IPV4 addresses are obtained for an 8c use any IPV6 address it returns
  • When importing measurement files if the data is very sparse (10 points or fewer) use linear interpolation on a log frequency axis, like a house curve import
  • Added an extra check for file imports to reduce...

wtnh

Registered
My AV System  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
DIY PiCore Player + Allo DAC + Yamaha passive pre
Main Amp
McCormack DNA .5
Additional Amp
DIY First Watt F7 clone WIP
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Sony ES changer, LG Blu-ray player
Front Speakers
Martin Logan Aerius i
Other Speakers or Equipment
DIY Linkwitz LXmini WIP
I tried the new beta but got frustrated. The input from my soundcard kept vanishing (output works OK), so I could not get a good loopback test completed.

I am running Catalina 10.15.6 and using an old EMU 0404 USB external sound interface. The driver comes from Wouter on GitHub and macOS recognizes it as the default device for input and output when it is connected.

The older version of REW works fine, so I am not sure if this is cockpit error or some sort of incompatibility with the driver. I de-installed the new version and re-installed the older one and was able to do loopback tests and amplifier RTA distortion tests. The new version looks super nice so I hope to use it soon if I can figure out the issue.

Thanks

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I tried the new beta but got frustrated. The input from my soundcard kept vanishing (output works OK), so I could not get a good loopback test completed.

I am running Catalina 10.15.6 and using an old EMU 0404 USB external sound interface. The driver comes from Wouter on GitHub and macOS recognizes it as the default device for input and output when it is connected.

The older version of REW works fine, so I am not sure if this is cockpit error or some sort of incompatibility with the driver. I de-installed the new version and re-installed the older one and was able to do loopback tests and amplifier RTA distortion tests. The new version looks super nice so I hope to use it soon if I can figure out the issue.
When you say "new beta" and "older version" which REW versions are you referring to?

wtnh

Registered
My AV System  
Main Amp
McCormack DNA .5
Additional Amp
Front Speakers
Martin Logan Aerius i
DIY Linkwitz LXmini WIP
Sorry - by "older" I meant the version available on roomeqwizard.com - the newer version is the latest beta version available here on AVNirvana.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Surprised V5.19 works at all, it would usually time out on the input before the macOS privacy prompt can be accepted to allow "microphone" access. Is REW in the list of applications that are allowed microphone acess? To macOS every audio input is a "microphone".

wtnh

Registered
My AV System  
Main Amp
McCormack DNA .5
Additional Amp
Front Speakers
Martin Logan Aerius i
DIY Linkwitz LXmini WIP
Surprised V5.19 works at all, it would usually time out on the input before the macOS privacy prompt can be accepted to allow "microphone" access. Is REW in the list of applications that are allowed microphone acess? To macOS every audio input is a "microphone".
Yes - it is listed in the permissions for microphone. I don't recall adding it but it probably prompted me during the original install.

wtnh

Registered
My AV System  
Main Amp
McCormack DNA .5
Additional Amp
Front Speakers
Martin Logan Aerius i
DIY Linkwitz LXmini WIP
Yes - it is listed in the permissions for microphone. I don't recall adding it but it probably prompted me during the original install.
Here is an V5.19 RTA I just did on an amp I am building.

Top Bottom