REW macOS DMG (includes private Java 8 JRE)

REW Beta Release REW macOS DMG (includes private Java 8 JRE) V5.20 RC13b

You Must Login or Register to Download

sam_adams

I see that you are running Zoom. By any chance; is there a login item—System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items—for Zoom that may be grabbing the mic?

hestepare

Registered
No idea then, if you are using the RC12d file REW should appear in the list, audio input is part of the code signature permissions for that file. Perhaps something in Sam's post will help.

I see that you are running Zoom. By any chance; is there a login item—System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items—for Zoom that may be grabbing the mic?
Thank you both for replying.

Nope, nothing in Login Items – not Zoom nor anything else using the mic. Resetting the Microphone as per your AVForums post forces Zoom to ask permission to use the mic, but REW never asks for it.

In fact, I've followed your post Sam step by step until the 'Reinstall MacOS' step – which I wasn't prepared to do just yet – and everything is still exactly as before. "Only zeroes…" and no REW Mic permissions in System Preferences->Sound.

Strange!

moebius

Thank you both for replying.

Nope, nothing in Login Items – not Zoom nor anything else using the mic. Resetting the Microphone as per your AVForums post forces Zoom to ask permission to use the mic, but REW never asks for it.

In fact, I've followed your post Sam step by step until the 'Reinstall MacOS' step – which I wasn't prepared to do just yet – and everything is still exactly as before. "Only zeroes…" and no REW Mic permissions in System Preferences->Sound.

Strange!
Encountering exactly the same issue here. Other apps will trigger the permission prompt, but not REW. Very odd indeed.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I wish I knew what the issue is, seems to work for many people but not all. Running
Code:
codesign -d --entitlements :- /Applications/REW/REW.app
shows the audio input entitlement. A bit of googling turned up that the com.apple.security.device.audio-input entitlement used to be called com.apple.security.device.microphone, so maybe I need both in the entitlements plist. I'll make a test build with that and message folk affected with a link to see if it helps.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Just a suggestion; include the removal of the mic permissions in the uninstaller.
Does that not happen automatically? I was pretty sure last time I ran the uninstaller the app disappeared from the mic access list.

sam_adams

The app will disappear, but the permissions remain as any version installed later won't prompt for access.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The app will disappear, but the permissions remain as any version installed later won't prompt for access.
When I uninstall REW (on 10.15.7) permissions are removed already, running tccutil reset All roomeqwizard.launcher after uninstall returns an error saying the bundle identifier wasn't found. I don't get a prompt for access when running REW after reinstall unless I clear the mic entitlement after installing.

sam_adams

I think I have a drive image or a hard drive with a clean install of Catalina that I can put into one of my MacBook Pros to do some testing on. I'll give it a try and let you know what I find.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
John Mulcahy updated REW macOS DMG (includes private Java 8 JRE) with a new update entry:

REW V5.20 RC13 macOS DMG

Changes in V5.20 RC13:

• Added an action in the EQ window filter tasks pane to create a new measurement from the current filters
  • Software equalisers (currently the Generic, TMREQ and AU N-Band EQ options) now run at the sample rate of the measurement they are applied to rather than a fixed rate
  • Changed the capacitor component model to add an option to model dielectric loss, when that option is not selected a series RLC model is used
  • When Individual cal file per input...
Read the rest of this update entry...

ELOJR

Registered
I'm new to REW so please excuse any obvious ignorance on my part. I'm purchasing a new iMac with the M1-based architecture and the latest Apple OS. Will REW run OK on it?

Thanks!

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Yes, the current release candidate is a universal binary and previous builds would run under Rosetta 2.

Top Bottom