REW macOS DMG (includes private Java 8 JRE)

REW Beta Release REW macOS DMG (includes private Java 8 JRE) V5.20 RC13b

You Must Login or Register to Download

sdedalus1

Registered
My AV System  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Macbook
Main Amp
Onkyo TX-21
Front Speakers
Polk RTi4
Subwoofers
Mirage FRx-S8
@John Mulcahy

Thanks, that did it. I realized something bigger was wrong later when I couldn't save filter coefficients and "Save All" measurements didn't work either. But I could save individual measurements. Quitting and restarting REW didn't help, but restarting the mac got everything back to normal. I guess it's a Java problem, not calling the OS save dialogue somehow?

Thanks for the great software, love REW!

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I suspect the way the Java runtime accesses the system file dialog might have some sort of memory or resource leak that eventually stops it appearing.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
John Mulcahy updated REW macOS DMG (includes private Java 8 JRE) with a new update entry:

REW V5.20 RC6 macOS DMG

Changes in V5.20 RC6

Continuing to focus on remaining bug fixes ahead of the final V5.20 release, but a few small features have been added:
  • Added an equaliser entry for the AU N-Band EQ
  • Allow TS params driver area entries down to 0.1 sq cm with 2 decimal places
  • Remember the state of the RTA "Show Distortion" button for the next startup
  • Noise criteria values (calculated for the 1 octave RTA) are captured in the notes of saved RTA measurements
Bug fixes...
Read the rest of this update entry...

Maz42

Registered
I thank you for updating to EQ for AU N-band eq. Can you help me with the method of importing these corrections into the plugin?
I have tried exporting as text and importing that but with no effect in the plugin.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I don't know what import format the N-Band eq uses, settings need to be applied manually.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
John Mulcahy updated REW macOS DMG (includes private Java 8 JRE) with a new update entry:

REW V5.20 RC7 macOS DMG

V5.20 RC7

Thank you to the folk who have reported bugs or error messages over the last month, it really is very helpful. This build has the following bug fixes:

• Bug fix: Array index out of bounds could occur on the spectrogram
  • Bug fix: scanning for 8c could fail if the network interface returned a "no route to host" error
  • Bug fix: The RTA N result could be incorrect when using manual fundamental
  • Bug fix: Pasted target settings were not saved with the measurement...

John Mulcahy

REW Author

REW V5.20 RC8 macOS DMG

Minor changes and bug fixes in V5.20 RC8:
  • Change stepped sine start and end frequencies to spinners with 1 Hz steps. Actual test frequencies will be the preferred values at the chosen measurement PPO that are within the span.
  • Allow stepped sine start level to be greater than end level
  • Soundcard calibration uses longer sweeps if the frequency axis start value is less than 2 Hz
  • Changed the shortcut for removing smoothing to Ctrl+0 as the previous Ctrl+shift+0 shortcut is...

John Mulcahy

REW Author

REW V5.20 RC8b macOS DMG

Minor changes and bug fixes in V5.20 RC8b:
  • Change stepped sine start and end frequencies to spinners with 1 Hz steps. Actual test frequencies will be the preferred values at the chosen measurement PPO that are within the span.
  • Allow stepped sine start level to be greater than end level
  • Soundcard calibration uses longer sweeps if the frequency axis start value is less than 2 Hz
  • Changed the shortcut for removing smoothing to Ctrl+0 as the previous Ctrl+shift+0 shortcut is...

John Mulcahy

REW Author

REW V5.20 RC9 macOS DMG

Changes in V5.20 RC9:

A collection of small bug fixes with a couple of minor tweaks.

• Use the last req file notes as the default entry when saving a req file
  • Allow saved filenames to include commas
  • Speed up saving mdat files to network storage
  • Changed "multi-channel capture" to "multi-input capture" to avoid confusion
  • Bug fix: If the minimum phase impulse is visible on the Impulse graph when adjusting t=0 it will move with the time axis
  • Bug fix: The response...

Faustchz

Hi John,

The delete key on my MacBook Pro M1 doesn't work on the last few versions of REW. I have an older MacBook Pro and the delete key on REW works just fine. Is there a keyboard setting?
Also, I saw measurements posted by others often have the "sub-bass, bass, midrange, presence..." labels on top of the measurements, but I don't see where I can enable that on the mac version's preference setting. Is this feature available on mac?

Thank you for this great software and many updates!

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The behaviour of the backspace and arrow keys on some machines running Big Sur is something of a mystery, discussed here. I haven't been able to work out what is going on or how to fix it, other than a suspicion it is related to locale or language settings in some way.

The frequency range labelling is in the SPL & Phase controls, "Show frequency bands".

mrdavid

Registered
hi. im try to measurament Thiele-Small from a speaker with DC voice coil value 7 omh, but when put this value rew says value max input is 5,3.
any suggestion?

Captura de pantalla 2021-05-19 a las 1.03.12 p.m..png

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The impedance measurement has a minimum value of 5.53 ohms, so the DCR of the voice coil must be lower than that or there is some problem which is leading to an invalid measurement. Try entering 5 ohms and see whether there is a good fit to the measured impedance. For more suggestions you would need to attach the mdat file for your measurements.

John Mulcahy

REW Author

REW V5.20 RC10 macOS DMG

Changes in V5.20 RC10:

This build adds an option on the Measure dialog to make a series of SPL measurements by seting the total number required in the Measurements count. A typical use would be when measuring polar responses. The Measure dialog delay is applied before each measurement, to provide time to adjust the speaker turntable, and there is an option to pause the sequence. Measurement names are updated for each measurement according to the Measure dialog settings, for polar...

John Mulcahy

REW Author

REW V5.20 RC11 macOS DMG

Changes in V5.20 RC11:
  • Limit the impedance graph Q overlay value to 999 and DF value to 200 %
  • Bug fix: Impedance cal file values were written with insufficient precision (unintended side effect of change to allow unit selection for exports)
  • Bug fix: Impedance reference cal measurement was limited to 2 Hz even if the axis limit was lower
  • Bug fix: Trying to open mdat files directly from web pages with Firefox could fail with a file not found message

powerplaymike

Registered
sorry for potentially dumb question, but I'm currently currently running an older 5.20 RC from few months ago.

Does updating to newest RC require uninstalling and then downloading/re-installing?

When I check for updates in REW, it says up to date.

Thanks!

John Mulcahy

REW Author

REW V5.20 RC12 macOS DMG

The macOS installer is now a universal binary for Intel and M1 using the Azul Zulu Java 8 runtime

Changes in V5.20 RC12:
  • Added an input selection button on the RTA
  • Added a control in the SPL & Phase graph to adjust the measurement to a specific average SPL value over a defined frequency span
  • Added a control in the All SPL graph to adjust the currently selected SPL measurements to a specific average SPL value over a defined frequency span
  • Added an option on the...

Faustchz

Installed the RC12. Cannot open REW on MacBook Pro M1 and get these. RC12 works on an older MacBook Pro though.

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 2.15.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-08 at 2.15.28 PM.png

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Can you attach whatever additional information is provided? I'll check with the installer provider to see if there is something I have missed out.

John Mulcahy

REW Author

REW V5.20 RC12 macOS DMG

This is identical to the previous RC12 but an Intel-only binary (like earlier builds) which will also run on M1 macs thanks to Rosetta. The RC12 universal binary is reported as not working on M1 macs.

Changes in V5.20 RC12:
  • Added an input selection button on the RTA
  • Added a control in the SPL & Phase graph to adjust the measurement to a specific average SPL value over a defined frequency span
  • Added a control in the All SPL graph to adjust the currently selected SPL...

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Phew! Hopefully there will be a quick fix to enable a universal installer.

Top Bottom