REW macOS DMG (includes private Java 8 JRE)

REW Beta Release REW macOS DMG (includes private Java 8 JRE) V5.20 RC5

You Must Login or Register to Download

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Thanks, I have fixed that for the next build.

sam_adams

Something is wrong there. Does the user account have admin privileges? Are the permissions correct on the /Applications/REW folder?

Try removing ~/Library/Application Support/com.apple.TCC/TCC.db and then restarting the Mac.

Last edited:

Chuck Zwicky

Registered
Apparently OSX looks in the "user" applications folder, which is empty, when I navigated to the root applications folder I was able to add REW, but even after repairing permissions and rebooting, I still cannot access the audio inputs.. any ideas?

Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 22.46.52.jpg

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The mic access permissions were not in 10.12, so shouldn't be that. How do the input settings appear in Audio Midi Setup? What is the input volume setting?

Chuck Zwicky

Registered
What is completely mystifying to me is that this is the exact same computer and OS version I've been using REW with for the last 4-5 years.. nothing has changed...

EDIT:

In pursuing John's question, I launched Audio Midi Setup, everything looked normal there, and the sample rate was set to 44.1. I am using a UA Apollo interface for this setup, so I launched their "console" software and noticed that once I did, the sample rate shown in the Audio Midi Setup switched to 192kHz. I launched REW and changed it's sample rate from 44.1 to 192 and opened the level meter and signal generator. It issued no warnings and worked a expected. I will re-boot and see what step causes / fixes this problem.

Last edited:

frspp

Registered
My AV System  
Main Amp
Nad C316
Computer Audio
RME Babyface
Front Speakers
Amphion, Genelec
Other Equipment
Macbook Pro 13" 2020 M1, macOS 11.1 Big Sur
REW not appearing the Security and Privacy pane OSX 10.12.6
Open Generator and press play. Then asks for permission to use mic, choose allow. Then you get audio device error "timed out waiting..." after a while, press ok. Open REW Preferences and choose soundcard. Default device might give you error "Unable to write to the replay device". Choose other device. Then Test levels and both input and output should work ok.

Works ok on:
REW 5.20 rc4
macOS 11.1 Big Sur
Macbook Pro 13" 2020 M1

Attachments

Last edited:

Chuck Zwicky

Registered
Open Generator and press play. Then asks for permission to use mic, choose allow.
No, not in OSX 10.12.6, the warning is as indicated in the screen shot above (see my OP).

The issue seems to be a lack of communication regarding sample rates between REW and the interface.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
REW cannot control the rate the interface runs at, it asks the OS for data at the rate selected and if the interface is set to a different rate the OS will usually resample between the two. Best to set the interface and REW rates the same.

Chuck Zwicky

Registered
Good to know. I wonder if a sample rate mismatch causes similar functionality issues in other systems?

frspp

Registered
My AV System  
Main Amp
Nad C316
Computer Audio
RME Babyface
Front Speakers
Amphion, Genelec
Other Equipment
Macbook Pro 13" 2020 M1, macOS 11.1 Big Sur
Hi! Bug:
Open Measure > Type a note. Backspace does not work. Pressing arrow keys makes a square symbol. Same problem when trying to edit measurements' notes.

REW 5.20 rc4
macOS 11.1 Big Sur
Macbook Pro 13" 2020 M1

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Hi! Bug:
Open Measure > Type a note. Backspace does not work. Pressing arrow keys makes a square symbol. Same problem when trying to edit measurements' notes.

REW 5.20 rc4
macOS 11.1 Big Sur
Macbook Pro 13" 2020 M1
Bug:
Windows open as tabs. Tab bar overlaps top portition of window.
REW doesn't directly manage such low level interactions, those are bugs of the Java runtime (the first sounds like a keyboard mapping issue). If there is a newer runtime when I make the next build I'll use that.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
John Mulcahy updated REW macOS DMG (includes private Java 8 JRE) with a new update entry:

REW V5.20 RC5 macOS DMG

Changes in V5.20 RC5:

This build is mainly to address a few bugs, but there have also been some feature updates:
  • Added an action in the EQ window target settings panel to create a measurement that has the current target shape, handy to use as a reference on the All SPL or RTA graphs
  • A room curve will be added to the speaker driver target shapes if Add room curve is selected (previously the room curve was disabled for driver targets)
  • Added an equaliser entry for the...
Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom