REW Linux installer (requires Java 8)

REW Beta Release REW Linux installer (requires Java 8) V5.20 RC9

You Must Login or Register to Download

John Mulcahy

REW Author
John Mulcahy updated REW Linux installer (requires Java 8) with a new update entry:

REW V5.20 RC2 Linux installer

Updates in V5.20 release candidate 2:
  • Added an option to average each UMIK-X array when making multi-channel measurements with UMIK-X
  • Reduce RT60 Decay waterfall drawing load by not fading whole image
  • Bug fix: Workaround for JDK bug https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8223158 on macOS by using JetBrains JRE
  • Bug fix: RT60 Decay graph used excessive memory on macOS
  • Bug fix: If using ASIO with a USB mic connected but no ASIO input selection made would get...
Read the rest of this update entry...

John Mulcahy

REW Author
John Mulcahy updated REW Linux installer (requires Java 8) with a new update entry:

REW V5.20 RC3 Linux installer

This is the 3rd and, ever optimistically, final V5.20 release candidate. Feature additions have been kept to a minimum, but there are some:

• There is now an export menu entry to export the RT60 data for all current measurements as text to individual files or to a combined file. Data is only exported if it has been generated (which happens when it is first viewed), a quick way to generate the RT60 data for all measurements is to view the Overlay RT60 graph.
  • The limited range of...

John Mulcahy

REW Author

KSTR

Registered
Hi John,
is there a way running multiple instances of REW under Linux? If so, would they be able to set different sample rates for my twin RME ADI-2 Pro's used simultaneously?

John Mulcahy

REW Author

REW V5.20 RC5 Linux installer

Changes in V5.20 RC5:

This build is mainly to address a few bugs, but there have also been some feature updates:
  • Added an action in the EQ window target settings panel to create a measurement that has the current target shape, handy to use as a reference on the All SPL or RTA graphs
  • A room curve will be added to the speaker driver target shapes if Add room curve is selected (previously the room curve was disabled for driver targets)
  • Added an equaliser entry for the...

filio

Registered
Hello John,

With V5.20 RC5, rew do not detect the final timing reference for me!
Could you please help me,

The sweep used is from a file as follow:
4MMeasSweep_0_to_20000_384k_PCM24_LR_refL

The first timing reference starts the measurement but it is not stopped by the second one. It seems also that the measurement lenght (in second) is much longer than the sweep length (in second).

Thanks,
Filio

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Have you loaded the same file in REW?
Does the device you are using to capture the sweep support 384 kHz?
Do you hear both the timing reference signals?

filio

Registered
Hello John,

Thank you,

Have you loaded the same file in REW? -> Yes, playback from the same file
Does the device you are using to capture the sweep support 384 kHz? Hmmm maybe not, it is a UMIK-1, with:
Resolution & Sample rate24bit ADC @ 48kHz
Do you hear both the timing reference signals? Yes, the second one seems a little lower of a few dB as far as I can see in the control window.

I check the second point and keep you informed!

Thank you,

Filio

John Mulcahy

REW Author

REW V5.20 RC6 Linux installer

Changes in V5.20 RC6

Continuing to focus on remaining bug fixes ahead of the final V5.20 release, but a few small features have been added:
  • Added an equaliser entry for the AU N-Band EQ
  • Allow TS params driver area entries down to 0.1 sq cm with 2 decimal places
  • Remember the state of the RTA "Show Distortion" button for the next startup
  • Noise criteria values (calculated for the 1 octave RTA) are captured in the notes of saved RTA measurements
Bug fixes...

John Mulcahy

REW Author

REW V5.20 RC7 Linux installer

V5.20 RC7

Thank you to the folk who have reported bugs or error messages over the last month, it really is very helpful. This build has the following bug fixes:

• Bug fix: Array index out of bounds could occur on the spectrogram
  • Bug fix: scanning for 8c could fail if the network interface returned a "no route to host" error
  • Bug fix: The RTA N result could be incorrect when using manual fundamental
  • Bug fix: Pasted target settings were not saved with the measurement...

John Mulcahy

REW Author

REW V5.20 RC8 Linux installer

Minor changes and bug fixes in V5.20 RC8:
  • Change stepped sine start and end frequencies to spinners with 1 Hz steps. Actual test frequencies will be the preferred values at the chosen measurement PPO that are within the span.
  • Allow stepped sine start level to be greater than end level
  • Soundcard calibration uses longer sweeps if the frequency axis start value is less than 2 Hz
  • Changed the shortcut for removing smoothing to Ctrl+0 as the previous Ctrl+shift+0 shortcut is...

John Mulcahy

REW Author

REW V5.20 RC8b Linux installer

Minor changes and bug fixes in V5.20 RC8b:
  • Change stepped sine start and end frequencies to spinners with 1 Hz steps. Actual test frequencies will be the preferred values at the chosen measurement PPO that are within the span.
  • Allow stepped sine start level to be greater than end level
  • Soundcard calibration uses longer sweeps if the frequency axis start value is less than 2 Hz
  • Changed the shortcut for removing smoothing to Ctrl+0 as the previous Ctrl+shift+0 shortcut is...

CommanderLake

Registered
I'm trying to use this on a new Raspberry Pi 4 model B and I'm getting virtually no sound via HDMI there's either no sound at all or a short burst or constantly on and off and I've tried several different OS's both 32 and 64 bit.

CommanderLake

Registered
Java is just too slow to generate a multichannel output required for testing all the speakers it even struggles with basic UI interaction, maybe java 11 would be faster.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
That's completely false. There are REW Linux users making measurements at 1536 kHz.

CommanderLake

Registered
My observation is when the output is set to stereo in Manjaro the sound output in REW performs better than when its set to multichannel, is it that difficult to update REW to java 11 to see if it makes a difference?
I'll give that Open Sound Meter a try.

Top Bottom