REW Linux installer (requires Java 8)

REW Beta Release REW Linux installer (requires Java 8) V5.20 beta 53

You Must Login or Register to Download

Mitsch Jarosch

Hi, there!
Don't want to stress the author of this phenomenal software, but since I changed to Debian Bullseye (Testing) I realized that Java 8 is getting more and more deprecated. I still have a openjdk-8-jre package on my disk, since I upgraded from Buster (stable) and had an eye on it that it's not getting deleted.
Looking at the latest Beta I discovered that REW is still sticking to Java 8… That's no problem for now, but I guess the forthcoming Ubuntu 20.04 will also lack support of Java 8 and I wonder how people will get REW to work in future versions of Debian and Ubuntu…

John Mulcahy

REW Author
John Mulcahy updated REW Linux installer (requires Java 8) with a new update entry:

REW V5.20 beta 44 Linux installer

Changes in V5.20 beta 44:

Impedance measurement

• The impedance calibration steps have been numbered to make clear they should be done in sequence (thanks go to Bernard for the suggestion). Repeating a step will also clear the calibration status for subsequent steps, as they should be redone to correctly calibrate the setup. Note that the reference resistor calibration can be repeated at any time without affecting the open or short circuit calibrations.
  • Impedance cal file...
Read the rest of this update entry...

John Mulcahy

REW Author
John Mulcahy updated REW Linux installer (requires Java 8) with a new update entry:

REW V5.20 beta 46 Linux installer

Changes in V5.20 beta 46:

• Added a plot of Equivalent Peak Dissipation Resistance (EPDR) on the Impedance & Phase graph
  • Improved impedance measurement reliability for very low impedances when the noise filter is being used
  • Improved rejection of DC offsets in measurement data
  • Recognise "UMM_6" as well as "UMM-6" as being the UMM-6 mic
  • Added Alt+T as a shortcut to start/stop the RTA from the RTA window
  • When the RTA window is shown move focus to the on/off button so the...

John Mulcahy

REW Author

REW V5.20 beta 47 Linux installer

Changes in V5.20 beta 47:

• Frequency (.txt, .frd, .csv) and impedance (.zma) response files can be dragged and dropped onto the main REW window for import
  • Added a "Show slice at cursor" option to the spectrogram controls to plot the level at the cursor Y position below the spectrogram

Bug fixes:
  • Trace arithmetic operations on measurements without an impulse response could produce an exception
  • Incorrect frequencies in data exported at 48 PPO...

John Mulcahy

REW Author

REW V5.20 beta 48 Linux installer

Changes in V5.20 beta 48:
  • Full range pink periodic noise now has flat spectrum below 10 Hz, like the pink random noise. To cut off at 10 Hz use the Custom option.
  • Added more phase steps to allow -180..180 with a 50 dB SPL range
  • Refinements to EQ target match, including faster matching
  • Bug fix: The predicted response was not valid and showed -240 dB if the filter set contained a low pass filter
  • Bug fix: An exception could occur when plotting the impulse envelope
  • Bug...

John Mulcahy

REW Author

REW V5.20 beta 49 Linux installer

Changes in V5.20 beta 49:
  • Added support for sample rates from 352.8 kHz to 1536 kHz to the Linux build
  • Added 2M and 4M FFT lengths for the RTA (mainly relevant when using very high sample rates)
  • Further refinements to EQ target match, with better handling of boost filters
  • When a stepped level measurement is selected do not adjust the X axis span
  • Added setup info to header lines when distortion data is exported as text
  • Bug fix: Index out of bounds could occur after...

rikiheck

Hi, I just tried to install on Fedora 30 and get:

In screen "Installation", property "Pre-activation expression":
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.install4j.script.I4jScript_Internal_56.eval(I4jScript_Internal_56.java:2)
at com.install4j.script.I4jScript_Internal_56.evaluate(I4jScript_Internal_56.java:*25)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.helper.Script.evaluate(Script.java:33)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.ContextImpl.runScript(ContextImpl.java:198)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.ContextImpl.runScript(ContextImpl.java:192)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.ContextImpl.runBooleanScript(ContextImpl.java:58)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.ContextImpl.runBooleanScript(ContextImpl.java:231)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.headless.ConsoleScreenExecutor.handleScreen(ConsoleScreenExecutor.java:52)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.headless.AbstractHeadlessScreenExecutor.execute(AbstractHeadlessScreenExecutor.java:100)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.controller.Controller$1.run(Controller.java:165)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:758)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:74)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:728)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

Maybe unsurprisingly, it will not run after that, either. I have also tried some older versions and have similar problems.

Riki

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Hi, I just tried to install on Fedora 30 and get:

In screen "Installation", property "Pre-activation expression":
java.lang.NullPointerException
Thought I'd fixed that, evidently not. I've sent you a link to a test build via the "Conversations" system.

John Mulcahy

REW Author

REW V5.20 beta 50 Linux installer

Changes in V5.20 beta 50:
  • Added a "Component model" button to the Impedance & phase graph controls to derive equivalent circuit values for measurements of inductors and capacitors
  • On SPL & Phase/Impedance & Phase only show the right hand phase axis if a phase trace is selected
  • When importing impulse response data from WAV files added an option to import all channels
  • Bug fix: Changing I/O selections with the level meters panel displayed could cause an exception
  • Bug fix...

Juan Acevedo

i installed rew on raspberry pi 4. but i get a black screen that does not allow to set settings. i don't know much about linux debian. what is wrong?

John Mulcahy

REW Author

John Mulcahy

REW Author

REW V5.20 beta 53 Linux installer

Changes in V5.20 beta 53:
  • Changed capacitor component model fit to use data from 100 Hz to avoid issues with measurement errors at low frequencies
  • Increased precision of impedance calibration file entries to improve results at very high impedances, but behaviour will depend on interface capability
  • Plot component model response over the full frequency span rather than starting at the component fit start frequency
  • Added a...

Top Bottom