REW latest beta on Mac OS only uses internal mic

Discussion in 'Official REW (Room EQ Wizard) Support Forum' started by SpoOokY, Feb 9, 2019.

1. SpoOokY

SpoOokY New Member

Hi there,

I have just downloaded the latest beta and tried ist with my Umik-1 on the latest Mc OS version. During startup REW recognizes the Umik and asks for a calibration file. In the settings the Umik ist selected in REW and Mac OS. In the Mac OS Sound settings I can clearly see that the Umik is working properly. However, REW does only use the internal microphone no matter what I have selected.
    Is there anything I am missing or I did wrong?

Thanks a lot for your help!

2. John Mulcahy

John Mulcahy REW Author

Can you post a screenshot of the REW soundcard preferences?

3. SpoOokY

SpoOokY New Member

Sure, here you are. From my perspective, everything is set up properly. Like I said, the mic is working perfectly. Audionet Carma for instance is working great but lacking many of the great features of REW.

Attached Files:

4. John Mulcahy

John Mulcahy REW Author

Looks like the same problem Karsten saw here. I don't know what is causing it though.

5. John Mulcahy

John Mulcahy REW Author

Could you attach the soundcard debug file with the UMIK connected, please? It is generated using the button on the Soundcard preferences.

6. HU the wood

HU the wood New Member

Hi guys,
    I just changed to the Beta version today and detected the same problem concerning use of internal mic only. A few minutes ago I got an update notice for Mojave 10.14.3 - after the Mac restart this seems to have settled this problem with the mic. Please check.
    best regards
    Walter