REW cannot identify the minidsp umik-1 input

Giblaup

Registered
Here is the the message that pops when trying to load the umik-1. "REW cannot tell which input the minidsp umik-1 is connected to, you will nedd to select the input yourself in the sound card preferences. REW will assume that whatever input is selected is correct." When I go the sound card tab under preferences the input drop down there is no minidsp umik-1 to choose. Please someone tell what to do! I have not had this issue in the past and have done ever thing I can think of to fix it.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
REW can tell there is a UMIK connected to the computer by checking connected USB devices but can't find its name in the input device list so it shows this message. Which OS are you running? There were some builds of Windows 10 that stopped showing the name of the UMIK, showing "microphone (usb audio device)" instead. That was some while ago, a Windows 10 update seemed to fix it. Otherwise there might be some issue with the audio device setup on your computer, perhaps the UMIK device has been disabled, for example.

Giblaup

Registered
My computer is telling me that the umik-1 is missing a driver

Rick Sorak

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Integra 30.4
Main Amp
Behringer NX3000
Additional Amp
Parasound HCA 2200
Other Amp
QSC RMX 1450
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Allo Boss DAC
Front Speakers
VMPS Super Tower R SE
Center Channel Speaker
Polk
Surround Speakers
Grason-Stadler 162-4
Surround Back Speakers
KLH dipoles
I'm a windows insider and am always running the latest Beta Win 10 builds num 19592 now.....REW has never recognized my UMik....

Rick Sorak

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Integra 30.4
Main Amp
Behringer NX3000
Additional Amp
Parasound HCA 2200
Other Amp
QSC RMX 1450
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Allo Boss DAC
Front Speakers
VMPS Super Tower R SE
Center Channel Speaker
Polk
Surround Speakers
Grason-Stadler 162-4
Surround Back Speakers
KLH dipoles
So what do you do or have done?
iT JUST DOESN'T RECOGNIZE IT AUTOMATICALLY WHEN THE PROGRAM STARTS UP.....If I goto options I can manually select it.

Top Bottom