Screen
Samsung S95C 77inch
Remote Control
yes, L.O.L
Streaming Equipment
Apple
Streaming Subscriptions
Apple,Netflix, Prime, Skyanytime
Hello there, I've finally ordered a Minidsp 2x4hd after thinking about it for a while, now I've so many questions, I hope you don't mind, first ones are about videos I've seen from home theater gamer and Gurus, they, and and others all assume that everyone is using an Audyssey receiver and a Windows laptop, on the Audyssey you can individually change the xover of the speakers, on my Arcam 390, you can't, there's just one general xover, also they say to use Mso and por Asio, I'm using a Mac, so no need for that I think, it's that right?
Also they say to not use the built in receiver calibration to eq, and add it after, surely if you add in my case Dirac live after, it'll mess up all the work you've done before, its that right? Are there any videos or tips on how to use Mac and an Arcam?
Sorry for the long confusing post, looking forward to getting my minidsp soon, thank you for your attention
Gerry

JStewart

Senior AV Addict
Supporter
Also they say to not use the built in receiver calibration to eq, and add it after, surely if you add in my case Dirac live after, it'll mess up all the work you've done before, its that right?
If you are using the 2x4HD to align subs to each other then no, it won’t mess up your work.
If you are using it to align the subs to the mains then yes, but in my experience Dirac does very well with this, so no need for you to before Dirac. You can check to see if Dirac did it properly afterwards though :)

Gerry Iaria

Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Marantz Cinema 50
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Sony X800
Front Speakers
Arendal 1961 monitors
Center Channel Speaker
Arendal 1961 centre monitor
Surround Speakers
Altec c1
Surround Back Speakers
Totem Acoustic Dream catcher
Subwoofers
Arendal Sub1- Ken Kreisel 800
Screen
Samsung S95C 77inch
Remote Control
yes, L.O.L
Streaming Equipment
Apple
Streaming Subscriptions
Apple,Netflix, Prime, Skyanytime
If you are using the 2x4HD to align subs to each other then no, it won’t mess up your work.
If you are using it to align the subs to the mains then yes, but in my experience Dirac does very well with this, so no need for you to before Dirac. You can check to see if Dirac did it properly afterwards though :)
Thank you very much, can't wait to start "fiddling" as my wife says

Top Bottom