Rew 5.20 Beta 29 stuck on "adjusting clock rate" on OSX

oliver

Hi John,
I do have updated to the last REW release on my macbook pro 10.13.6.
I do have two different Scarlet 2i4 audio interfaces set to 96Khz. Before the update (5.20 Beta 28 version) everything was working, now when I try to make a measurement REW get stuck to "adjusting clock rate":

Schermata 2019-11-25 alle 15.28.41.png

If I close this window REW become unrensponsive and I do have to close it and start it again, and get stuck again when I try to make a measurement.

This are my settings:

Schermata 2019-11-25 alle 15.38.01.png

Thank you.
Oliver.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Try turning off the Analysis preference to "Adjust clock with loopback". I will investigate in the meantime.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Please check the log files to see if anything has been captured, easiest is to zip the REW directory in ~/Library/Logs and attach it here.

Edit: never mind, I have found the problem and fixed it for the next build. Leave "Adjust clock with loopback" unselected until then.

Last edited:

oliver

Hi John,
leaving "Adjust clock with loopback" it works, thanks.
Just a small question on the new "invert polarity" option. Is a great feature, is there an indication when the polarity is inverted? Is a bit hard to remember which one was the correct one.
Thank you.
Oliver

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Just a small question on the new "invert polarity" option. Is a great feature, is there an indication when the polarity is inverted? Is a bit hard to remember which one was the correct one.
The check box in the Impulse graph controls shows the state. I could use a check box on the SPL & Phase graph as well, or perhaps a toggle button.

Top Bottom