Request to Add Export Option for EQ Filtered Frequency Response

shauk_khan

Registered
Hallo

So far in REW we can export the impulse response of the EQ Filters as well as the EQ Filter settings as text. We would also like to have a export option for the frequency response that we get after applying the EQ Filters. So that we can use that filtered frequency response directly in other programs.

Shauk Khan
Fink Audio Consulting

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Export impulse response has an option to export the EQ filtered IR. If you cannot use that IR directly, import it back into REW then export that measurement.

shauk_khan

Registered
Hallo
Thanks for your reply, I looked at the export options, but could not exactly find what you mentioned. Could please explain the procedure in more details how I can do it.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
File -> Export impulse response as WAV, select "Export EQ filtered IR" on the export dialog.

finkaudio

Registered
Hi John,

what we actually need is the filter response only. First of all, we need this to correct the stimulus of our Klippel Multiton Measurement in order to compare different speakers.
The second use case is to compare a filter curve of an amplifier. made with the filter settings of REW with the filter curve of REW A filter, executed on different systems, using the same settings, is not necessarily the same all the time :-(

Thanks for help! Maybe it would be possible to just export the filter curve as a text file for easy import into other software.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
If you import the filters impulse response you can export the response of the measurement generated from that IR.

finkaudio

Registered
Dear John,
OK, thanks. It's just not so straight forward. I also need to remove the offset that is related to the Target value to get the filter curve, but OK, for the moment that should be good enough.

Best regards

KH

Top Bottom