Repetitive sweeps

JLM1948

Hi,
I have browsed the manual, but I can't find it, the possibility to produce repetitive sweeps, maybe with the possibility to control the time between them.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Depends what you mean by that. If you just want the generator to produce a series of log or linear sweeps then select the desired signal on the generator and tick the 'Loop' box. If you want to make a series of sweep measurements with an optional delay between them you can set the 'Measurements' count to the required number and 'Delay' to the desired interval on the Measure dialog.

JLM1948

Thanks a lot for your answer.
I failed to notice the "Loop" option.

sam_adams

Depends what you mean by that. If you just want the generator to produce a series of log or linear sweeps then select the desired signal on the generator and tick the 'Loop' box. If you want to make a series of sweep measurements with an optional delay between them you can set the 'Measurements' count to the required number and 'Delay' to the desired interval on the Measure dialog.

@John Mulcahy, I tried this with RC12 Intel with a rep setting of 4 and a delay of 10 seconds and the first sweep was delayed the indicated ten seconds but there was no ten second delay between subsequent sweeps.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
@John Mulcahy, I tried this with RC12 Intel with a rep setting of 4 and a delay of 10 seconds and the first sweep was delayed the indicated ten seconds but there was no ten second delay between subsequent sweeps.
Strange, always seems to work for me, Windows and macOS. Can you post an image of your Measure dialog before you start measuring in case there is some particular configuration of settings that may be a factor?

sam_adams

I see where this may be tripping me up. If I set repititions to 4 and measurements to 1 with a delay of 10, one cycle of four quick sweeps is done after a delay of ten seconds:

If I set the repititions to 4 and measurements to 4 with a delay of 10, four quick sweeps are done four times with a delay of ten seconds before each cycle:

I guess this is as designed, but a bit confusing.

There doesn't seem to be one of those little popup explanation boxes for the Length, Repitition, and Timing settings fields. It might be helpful to add those—even though those fields are pretty self-explanatory—to reduce confusion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom